Still using an insane amount of PC resources

Lower Bane

Provider
I thought this bug had been squashed. But once again at times Compets is pushing my PC using 68-78% resources. That is greater than Fall Out 4 does on my PC. Insane.

I have the same problem, it seems to consume huge graphic resources and makes my PC fan have to work very hard - more so than EU does on low graphic settings. I'm no expert on computer graphics but surely that shouldn't be required for what's essentially a 2D game with barely any animation.

Does anyone know, what engine they are using for compet?

Maybe a lot of wrong shaders got used, for a app game. I'm sure that will get better over time. If they fine tune the game.
Also possible it have a lot bottle leaks. Those consume verry fast resources.

For it to be consuming so much over time that points to memory leakage. Also I would also say that the graphics for some reason is going wild. But the game basically starts out close to what it should be using. But as you do things the usage goes higher and higher. Not closing out the calls proper or something. But it is pretty bad.

I have the same problem, it seems to consume huge graphic resources and makes my PC fan have to work very hard - more so than EU does on low graphic settings. I'm no expert on computer graphics but surely that shouldn't be required for what's essentially a 2D game with barely any animation.

it's a 3d game. hell, you even can change the angle a little while battling

and it just needs more graphics options added. there should be a minimal setting, just like in EU. and don't tell me phone games don't have such a thing - the game just needs to detect whether it's running on a phone or pc, that should be no technical wizardry

Does anyone know, what engine they are using for compet?

Maybe a lot of wrong shaders got used, for a app game. I'm sure that will get better over time. If they fine tune the game.
Also possible it have a lot bottle leaks. Those consume verry fast resources.

Someone mentioned Unity somewhere...
I really wish they fix the CPU hogging, else I won't be playing the game. Even makes me not do beta.

it's a 3d game. hell, you even can change the angle a little while battling

and it just needs more graphics options added. there should be a minimal setting, just like in EU. and don't tell me phone games don't have such a thing - the game just needs to detect whether it's running on a phone or pc, that should be no technical wizardry

Even with it being a 3D game it should only be taking my rig to 8-10% at the most. I play Fall Out 4 on high settings along with many other new high graphic games and they do not even come close to pushing my rig to 78%.

Yes, there should be graphics choices for PC, but good night I should be able to play this game on extreme settings and not break a sweat.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Last edited:
Even with it being a 3D game it should only be taking my rig to 8-10% at the most. I play Fall Out 4 on high settings along with many other new high graphic games and they do not even come close to pushing my rig to 78%.

Yes, there should be graphics choices for PC, but good night I should be able to play this game on extreme settings and not break a sweat.

Something is wrong somewhere.

This will get better over time. EU also was very resource hungry, after we got version 10 with new engine. Over time it got smother and smother. Such things needs time to solve or get a solution. Memory leaks are not easy to find out. it is possible that only one memory leak use very fast all your resources.

I coding with Unreal Engine. Once a product is basically done, it needs a lot fine tuning, and fixing of all memory leaks, hapen here and there.
I'm pretty sure, it will run much better, once it is released, and no longer beta. may thats why it is called Beta version :)

This issue should be fixed with the next update. Please let us know if you notice an improvement after that.

IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD DO TO YOUR PHONE!!!??!!!!!:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::mad::mad::mad:

Back