Serve court papers - via Facebook - The Straits Times

News Bot

Guardian

Serve court papers - via Facebook
[SIZE=-1]The Straits Times[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The court spat centred on a virtual planet, Planet Arcadia, within an enormous multiplayer game, the Entropia Universe. Mr David Ian Storey, a professional online gamer and freelance software developer had sued Planet Arkadia, a Singapore firm that ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

For the first time, the News Bot did something praiseworthy.

Afaik, David Ian Andrew Storey is Deathfier (Zachurm Deathfier Emegen) right?

So why is he suing Dobson David Michael and Planet Arkadia?

Anyone out there heard something through the grapevine?

Reference:
http://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/docs...rew-storey-v-planet-arkadia-pte-ltd-2-ors.pdf

My guess would be because "Treasure-hunting planet" is too similar to "Treasure Island" ?

Still seems like a reach...

Interesting stuff about the virtual serving though!

My guess would be because "Treasure-hunting planet" is too similar to "Treasure Island" ?

Still seems like a reach...

Interesting stuff about the virtual serving though!

Nah...

I just skimmed through the pdf I've referenced earlier.

The plaintiff, David Ian Andrew Storey, is a professional online gamer and freelance software developer.

The plaintiff alleges that he is the copyright holder, either solely or jointly, of various literary and artistic works, and that these works were used both promotionally and in-game without his permission. The plaintiff also pleads that there was a breach of a contract for delivery up of in-game land.

Seems to indicate that Deathifier might have worked for him and was supposed to get some in-game land as compensation, but didn't get his end of the bargain...:scratch2:

Last edited:
Nah...

I just skimmed through the pdf I've referenced earlier.

Seems to indicate that Deathfier might have worked for him and was supposed to get some in-game land as compensation, but didn't get his end of the bargain...:scratch2:

Ah yep that seems to be it. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds

Deathifier was the original owner of 8Coins.

My understanding was that for various reasons, Arkadia studios took back ownership of the LA in exchange for equity. But that's anecdotal. No idea what the copyright breach is about.

Weird that Deathi couldn't find Dave to serve papers. His location here in Australia is not exactly secret. Sounds like lazy lawyers to me.

Weird that Deathi couldn't find Dave to serve papers.

Anyone check Pvp4. I heard something about a new Death Bug?
I will hire a screen play ghost writer and start making popcorn.
This is gonna make a good movie. Better than Lost in Space. :eyecrazy:

hmmm i guess it explains why Scoria texture was forced to be change, don't know what else might be changed because of this.

Interesting news. First I'd heard of any of it though.

While litigation may be warranted and has its purpose, I feel its in MA's best interest to keep these articles under wraps.

What worse promotion could you give than two very significant contributors to EU engaging in a court battle over money and game content.

Hope a settlement can be reached out of court asap.

Serve court papers - via Facebook - AsiaOne

[SIZE=-2]AsiaOne[/SIZE]

Serve court papers - via Facebook
[SIZE=-1]AsiaOne[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The court spat centred on a virtual planet, Planet Arcadia, within an enormous multiplayer game, the Entropia Universe. Mr David Ian Storey, a professional online gamer and freelance software developer had sued Planet Arkadia, a Singapore firm that ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]and more »[/SIZE]

More...

News feed provided by Google News.

Don't think "lazy lawyers" is a fair comment imo.

http://www.bakermckenzie.com/AndyLeck/

Sounds like quite a somebody. :eyecrazy:

(Unless I've googled the wrong lawyer.)

They did try to find David Dobson

16 The applicants had earlier successfully applied for service ex juris of the writ in Australia. They could not serve the writ on the second defendant at his last known address and a neighbour asked if the process server was looking for the Colegraves; when quizzed on the second defendant, she said that she had not heard of him. The applicants also adduced evidence that the second defendant operated two email accounts, a Skype account which belonged to "David Dobson” along with a previous conversation pertaining to Planet Arcadia, a Facebook profile which belonged to "David Dobson” and an internet message board administrator account "David | Arkadia” on the domain arkadiaforum.com, which as the name indicates is a forum for the virtual inhabitants of Planet Arkadia. The profile pictures for the Facebook and arkadiaforum.com accounts were identical, while the profile picture for the Skype account was a different picture of the same person. There was also evidence that the mentioned platforms were recently used; in particular, the Facebook profile had recent activity: a video was shared and photos were added; while the Skype and arkadiaforum.com accounts showed that he was very recently online.

I guess it's probably like it, deathifier designed/made the scoria texture and some other things, and let A-team to use it ingame, when the deal closed deathifier asked a-team to change the texture of scoria, maybe even scoria itself. But a-team thought of only scoria texture belongs to deathifier not the entire mobs hence the lawsuit goes in.

Found it. http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/ann...re-launch-land-area’s-on-planet-arkadia.9632/
Announcement regarding Pre-Launch Land Area’s on Planet Arkadia

8 Coins
The Land Area was not able to be delivered to the satisfaction of both parties and as such the Board of Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd has now resolved the situation. David ‘Deathifier’ Storey has been issued shares in Planet Arkadia Pte Ltd (as was always contemplated under the terms of the sale agreements) in lieu of the 8 Coins Land Area.

As of today 4th December 2013 Arkadia Estate Manager has claimed back the collective estates known as 8 Coins and will manage those estates until such time as Mindark and Planet Arkadia agree they should be released to the community.

Further details are commercial in confidence.

While litigation may be warranted and has its purpose, I feel its in MA's best interest to keep these articles under wraps.

I'd rather have a honest MA, telling us about these kinds of things. In the end someone Will sniff out these stories anyway and there will be backlash.

I doubt MA will have much say unless they were the cause of the problem between Arkadia and Deathifier. At best they can try to act as arbitrators.

If it's a contractual dispute I doubt we'll hear much until it's finally resolved and only if they don't sort it out before it gets to court.

Well even negative publicity is still publicity..

MindArk must not be named as defendant in this lawsuit or they would be legally obligated to mention it in their annual report. Even not being a defendant, they probably should have mentioned in the annual report that one of the planet partners is being sued.

Have known David Dobson for years have always found it easy easy to find him.
Anytime I wish to communicate with David is always been same day or next.

Having known David for years I can say no doubt in my mind he is person of great integrity.

Have known David Dobson for years have always found it easy easy to find him.
Anytime I wish to communicate with David is always been same day or next.

Having known David for years I can say no doubt in my mind he is person of great integrity.

And have you ever met him in real life? You might have contacted him via the internet, but they was not able find where he lived in and so they had to go via the internet. Just because you think his "person of great integrity" dont mean jack at the end of day.

And have you ever met him in real life? You might have contacted him via the internet, but they was not able find where he lived in and so they had to go via the internet. Just because you think his "person of great integrity" dont mean jack at the end of day.

I have been to Dave's house this year. The address is easily findable online.

Actually, none of us know what really happened...between the two of them...that ended up with having to settle it through the court.

I feel that its not fair to point fingers at either of them...so let's just give both of them the benefit of doubt and see how all this unfolds.

To KijkkiJikki:
In the pdf, there was a mention of the lawyers serving the papers to Dave's "last known address". Perhaps this "last known address" is the exact same one that you've visited this year? There's no way of telling it isn't, right? Just saying... ;)

I don't know when they tried to serve the papers but Dave's been in his current house for quite some time now. Perhaps he wasn't home at the time. Trip to the shops or to visit MA or one of his employees.

I don't know when they tried to serve the papers but Dave's been in his current house for quite some time now. Perhaps he wasn't home at the time. Trip to the shops or to visit MA or one of his employees.

Or perhaps he took all the money from the AUD sales and went into hiding :wtg:

It doses sound strange then that they went for more unorthodox manner when his address is so easily found. You would have thought deathifer would have known where to find David. Especially with all his EU connections. It is not like they would call once and say "oh no home home, lets see if with give wit via the internet then".

I have met him a couple of times IRL. He seems fine to me, and yeah, I too doubt it will be all too difficult to contact him / find out where he stays.

Might be the lawyers method of trying to show dodgy business practice, they might not have even attempted to serve the papers or knew that he was out of the country when they tried - I believe the Ark studio is not based in Australia but somewhere in Asia (can't remember exactly where at this point) so not surprising if he isn't at home all the time.

I believe the Ark studio is not based in Australia but somewhere in Asia (can't remember exactly where at this point) so not surprising if he isn't at home all the time.

Singapore.

I have met him a couple of times IRL. He seems fine to me, and yeah, I too doubt it will be all too difficult to contact him / find out where he stays.

<removed> This is not about Davids character it's about a business contract with deathier who feels that the ARK dev team did not keep up with their side of an agreement.

Might be the lawyers method of trying to show dodgy business practice, they might not have even attempted to serve the papers or knew that he was out of the country when they tried - I believe the Ark studio is not based in Australia but somewhere in Asia (can't remember exactly where at this point) so not surprising if he isn't at home all the time.

In the PDF it says.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.sg/docs...rew-storey-v-planet-arkadia-pte-ltd-2-ors.pdf

They could not serve the writ on the second defendant at his last known address and a neighbour asked if the process server was looking for the Colegraves; when quizzed on the second defendant, she said that she had not heard of him.

Last edited by a moderator:
David Dobson and Ark development team is why I live on Arkadia. Good professional folk. Im not God who can see all but honestly from what I know years of dealing with David Dobson and his team no doubt in my mind they conduct their business honest and professional and this is what keeps me living on Arkadia.

This lawsuit stuff where the lawyer for plaintiff (Deathifier) says they could not find David? Well that is error for sure and if they wrong about that what else are they wrong about?

Back