New question from a noob with a gold starter pack

Calcaneus

Hatchling
Hi all,

I am very new to EU and i have bought a gold starter pack. So i have an harrier armor, a Z12 barbarella (seem to be unlimited but maybe i am wrong ?) and 100 PED (with other things).

I have fnished the tutorial and i am beginning the missions in icarus camp.

I have already read and see some tuturial about sweating, hunting, etc.

My first question is : What do you think to be the best investisment for my 100 PED ? (can i already buy a land deed maybe, or other things i don't know ?)

And the second : Do you think i really need the sollomate oppalo and the pixie armor (because i have already one armor and one weapon) ?

Best regards,

Calcaneus

Hello and welcome to the game and the forum.

Z12 is unlimited in terms that you don't replace it once it reaches min condition but repair it. Still it decays from using and need regular repairs. You don't need opalo because this game is way better.

You don't need armor at low level, because you really won't like you repair bills due to low evade. If you feel like you need an armor, you are hunting above your level, which is not smart money-wise. I don't recommend it, but if you really want to go that way, buy a set of 2A armor plates and use on your Harrier. These plates will serve you good on future armors too. Later, upon graduation from discipleship, you will get a full set of Adjusted Pixie.

100 ped is not a serious amount for investments. A Calypso Land Deed currently worth 1900+ ped, an Arkadia Underground Deed is about 55 ped, so you can buy one and have income of 4-6 pec (cents) from it a week, and what will you do with them? 100 ped is just enough for some beginners hunting. Or you can start trading with them, if that's your thing - the good old "buy low, sell high".

Yes, your gear is unlimited (except for the vehicle).

With the hundred ped, you could buy an Arkadian Underground Deed (58-59 PED), however you will only get 1-3 pec (0.01-0.03 PED) a day, so it's not a very exciting investment.

If you want to enjoy yourself and have fun, you'll probably end up using the PED for ammo or mining probes, etc.

Cheers,
-Sityl

Ok !

Thank you for your answers !

So with my 100 PED, i think i will buy probes to do mining.

I will try hunting too, because in the starter pack i have about 1million of universal ammo (100 PED of ammo).

I have a last question : Is peauction useful now ? (i see the last entries are from year 2014...)

Universal Ammo works with mining finders too.

You mean peauction.com? It's not relevant since at least 2010, after the change in client loader format, from which it did parse the prices. It probably still tries to do it on autopilot but is far from reality. I don't know any similar sites that still work.

Yes i mean peauction.com. Ok thank you for the reply.

But what is exactly mining finder ?
I didn't know that the mining needs ammo... I think i need one "scanner" to launch probe, then an extractor, then a refiner (optional).
I think the "ammo" was probes.

And sorry, but i have another question, do you think it's important to do the missions in icarus camp (or in other area) ? Should i skip this missions and go sweating right now ?

You should do the missions. Especially the ones from bukin.
And the gauntlet. You will receive a nice knife (bukin's blade).
And a healing tool with heal over time from the gauntlet.
You should also get yourself a mentor.

But what is exactly mining finder ?
I didn't know that the mining needs ammo... I think i need one "scanner" to launch probe, then an extractor, then a refiner (optional).
I think the "ammo" was probes.

Yes, the thing that launches probes, not sure what's name of one from the starters pack but generally they are called finders. They use probes, but they can use universal ammo instead of probes (at same cost, 500 ammo = 1 probe = 0.05 ped). If you have both in inventory, the probes are used first.

You should do the missions. Especially the ones from bukin.
And the gauntlet. You will receive a nice knife (bukin's blade).

Note that the knife (Bukin's Blade) isn't a beginner weapon. Even if tempted to repair it, I suggest you wait repairing it until you have skills to use it. Newer items, such as that blade, has a minimum recommended skill level and a (minimum) "optimal" value.

You should also get yourself a mentor.

One advantage having completed discipleship is that you get a decent set of armor when you graduate, which is a good way to get a complete set of armor. Which armor you get depends on the planet you graduate on.

Ok !

And as we are talking about level for use weapon, there is a thing i don't understand very well yet...

I see in many guide for hunting : "Hunt at your level" "so you are lvl20 now ?..." but what is this level ? There is not a general character level like other mmo i have seen, so what does that mean "you are level 20", in which skill is this about ?

And do you guys, know a guide up to date for the hunt ? i am searching a "mob ladder", with a "weapon ladder" up to date, because many guide are out dated (2019,2013). i.e. most advises are "begin with a solomate oppalo at TT" but this weapon is not available in TT any more, instead is another opallo (i don't remind the name).

Ok !

And as we are talking about level for use weapon, there is a thing i don't understand very well yet...

I see in many guide for hunting : "Hunt at your level" "so you are lvl20 now ?..." but what is this level ? There is not a general character level like other mmo i have seen, so what does that mean "you are level 20", in which skill is this about ?

And do you guys, know a guide up to date for the hunt ? i am searching a "mob ladder", with a "weapon ladder" up to date, because many guide are out dated (2019,2013). i.e. most advises are "begin with a solomate oppalo at TT" but this weapon is not available in TT any more, instead is another opallo (i don't remind the name).

There are many professions, each one with its own level. When you are talking hunting stuff you probably refer to your main hunting profession. That is: Laser/BLP Sniper if you are using rifles or Laser/BLP Pistoleer if you are using handguns.

And please, do not hunt at your level. That's how most people go broke as soon as they can pew pew medium/big guns. Hunt at your pedcard. You should be able to kill a few hundred mobs per hunting run so that your returns are more or less stable.

The Opalo is one of the worst guns out there, even more so for a beginner. Do not touch one. Instead use your amazing Barbarella and Sinkadus combo.

This game, unlike most others, is planned to last years upon years. So have patience and don't worry so much about leveling, try to have fun. Also don't chase missions if you can't afford them, hunt for markup. Puny on calypso have a little markup due to bone samples. Android Vixens on rocktropia have even better markup due to vixen gears. Kerberos, for whatever reason, seem to be very decent in TT-return and can drop a few weapons and mindforce chips.

Get a good mentor, if you choose one and he doesnt take care of you give him the kick asap and get another one. Don't get stuck with a shitty mentor due to some uncalled loyalty feeling.

I could go on but the wall of text would scare you away, so have fun and good luck.

Welcome to the game !

Listen to Angel, he has helped me a lot :ahh:

As he says, it's a long term game so do NOT play it if you want to get earnings the first week or month. Just have fun and try to be eco. Try hunting, mining, wood-cutting, get some friends, a mentor, discover places.... There are a lot of things to do in this awesome world. I've been playing for two weeks and I'm quite happy with it (I bought the gold starter pack as well, you took a good option to start with).

If you feel alone or want to talk to somebody, feel free to add this little girl: Schatzy Von Kairos.

Have fun! :girl:

Hunting "at your level" mostly is about hunting at a level you are convenient with.

The technical definition, kind of, is hunting creatures that you practically can hunt using SIB (skill dependent) items that you have maxed. For instance, if you are at level 10, you have a certain dmg/sec using your optimal weapon, then "hunting about your level" means going for creatures where you need an "oldschool" (less optimal) weapon to be able to take them down. Many (say 50% of the creatures) have high regen, which means you won't even "scratch" them if you don't have a powerful enough weapon.

The practical definition is simply to hunt creatures that you conviently *can* hunt, without for instance dieing too much. If it takes 30 minutes for you to kill a falx because you die 20 times and need to drive back by car then you are hunting, or trying to hunt, above your level.

Besides weapon, also your healing tool, evade level and armor should be taking into consideration. If you have a very good armor you can hunt more dangerous mobs, but on the other hand if you don't have enough evade for that mob you will notice it hits you every time, which means more armor decay and fapping cost. And there are also new vs SIB faps: Especially early ingame you might notice that oldschool faps (for instance ek-2600) might give you better heals than the skill dependent faps, but on the other hand the old faps usually decay twice as much as the new (SIB) ones.

The main difference is hunting at your level means hunting at a level where you can use economic items and that you have matching level in professions like evade, while hunting above your level typically means that your cost of hunting (let's say cost per mob HP) will be higher.

If you are living with purely ingame income (such as sweating) it's most important that you try to hunt as economically as possible (and also, preferably, try to sell your loots with markup). "Hunting above your level" is mostly if you are willing to from time to time bring out your credit card and deposit.

(If you still are on the free given weapons and ammo, and you yet haven't started to sweat, then it's even more important that you try not to waste PEDs, of course)

While not 100% true, a hint can be comparing the mob L value with your xxx (hit) and evade professions. Someone noted that mob L value directly is associated with critical hit reduction.

Ok !

Thank you very much all, for all the informations !

I will be happy to add Schatzy as a friend :)

btw, i am looking for a mentor :) (and if he/she speak french it would be perfect ^^)

My goal atm : doing a lot of sweating to increase my evade skill and then start hunting with my Z12, but i don't know if start to hunt the daikiba or other mob in icarus camp is worth... Maybe there is other spot to start with, more intersting. I keep reading the web and watching yt videos, but there is not a lot up to date informations.

Ok !

Thank you very much all, for all the informations !

I will be happy to add Schatzy as a friend :)

btw, i am looking for a mentor :) (and if he/she speak french it would be perfect ^^)

My goal atm : doing a lot of sweating to increase my evade skill and then start hunting with my Z12, but i don't know if start to hunt the daikiba or other mob in icarus camp is worth... Maybe there is other spot to start with, more intersting. I keep reading the web and watching yt videos, but there is not a lot up to date informations.

from looking at the mobs available in EU, I think Ark (if your willing to go to ark of course) has the best mobs to start hunting, plus an active economy. Hunting Carabok, monura M/F & Hornets have only 10hp, decent MU on the hides and long mission chains.

10hp might be a little low for the ZX as you need to avoid overkilling (hitting a 10hp mob for 7 then 7 again has wasted the cost of 4hp, that 40% wasted) the good thing is, the above mobs drop plently of little guns and once you have a few can be sold for 150-200% mu

Ok, thank you for the information.
I am ok to go in arkadia, but most informations i can have on the web is about calypso, so it seem to be better for me, in my learning, to stay on calypso.

I understand what is overkilling, but maybe it's most econmic to overkill sometimes no ?
Example : The mob still have 4HP, my gun do 7 dmg. it's on overkill and a waste of 3HP.
I have another gun that does 4dmg, it's perfect, 0 waste.
But if the gun with 4DMG cost 10 ammo/shot, and the gun with 7 DMG cost 8 ammo/shot, it's better to use the 7dmg gun no ?
So the "avoid overkill" seem to depend of which weapon is used, i am wrong ?

At your stage i wouldn't worry too much about being eco, overkill and the like. Just go out, explore, and have fun. You will drive yourself crazy and it won't be much fun, all to save a dollar. Yes it is important down the line when you are less of a beginner, not so much as a new player. 1 hour for a higher level player is 2k ped, eco matters. 1 hour for you is like 20ped, eco doesn't matter.

Your first mission, should you choose to accept it, is collect all the teleporters on calypso. This should keep you busy for a month. Also, find a good mentor (someone with a good active frequently globaling account on entropialife.com). Get the free stuff, the armor is pretty decent. Join an active society which accepts new players, a society is like 50 mentors.

Good luck! :yay:

Ok !

Lucky Akbar Sylphe

he is French and a great mentor

I understand what is overkilling, but maybe it's most econmic to overkill sometimes no ?
Example : The mob still have 4HP, my gun do 7 dmg. it's on overkill and a waste of 3HP.
But if the gun with 4DMG cost 10 ammo/shot, and the gun with 7 DMG cost 8 ammo/shot, it's better to use the 7dmg gun no ?

Some arkadia official once said something in the line of "overkill is overrated".

Just that example is a bit odd; the cost to use a weapon is about the same in terms of dmg/PEC. A typical value is that a decently decaying weapon uses 100 new (1 old) ammo for each 4 dmg. So, if weapon A would do 4 max damage for 100 ammo, and weapon 2 would do 8 dmg for say 120 ammo, then it's very likely that weapon B decays a lot more (meaning it will break faster), and in some cases you'll spend the difference in damage at repair terminal rather than in trade terminal for ammo.

Be aware of one thing though: There are a handful of weapons that have terrible economy, for instance Grindhouse Sleaze(L) on Rockopia, and one of the Manns on Calypso (12 max dmg for 500 ammo). Unless you're out to test looting algorithm, don't use those in hunting.

Another thing: If a mob has 4 HP left and you use a 4 dmg weapon, you have a big risk of shooting once more, because guns doesn't Always do max damage. If you have a maxed weapon, you would do a damage in the interval 2-4 dmg; so if you use a weapon that on paper looks optimal, you might end up needing to fire "once more" more often ("mob is almost dead") (and, according to own experience, it wouldn't surprise me if you get a "miss" on the second shot so you actually need to fire thrice).

Ammo usage is irrelevant, compare weapons only by dmg/pec aka eco using the weapon compare tool. If a gun does more dmg using less ammo, its decay per use is most certainly much greater too, making its eco the same or worse.

Ok, thank you for the information.
I am ok to go in arkadia, but most informations i can have on the web is about calypso, so it seem to be better for me, in my learning, to stay on calypso.

You will find most weapons are equal in regards of cost, if you took 2 guns at 7 damage each, 1 uses 30 ammo and 1 uses 100 ammo, the 30 ammo gun would likely decay equal to the 70 ammo more than the other. This is where the eco calculation comes in. Entropedia would be best to look up this

Ok, thank you very much, i understand !

I will see the dmg/pec to compare !

And ty for the name of a good french mentor :)

Back