Question: A pirate ship's strategies.

Captain Jack

Elite
Society
Endgame
I have been toying around with two primary pets (and I missed out on the 50K speed skilling, so I may be a little behind here) and experimenting with a third of a different strategy.

Meet Davey Jones.
Davey is an Edgehog with the tenacity of a bulldog, and the patience of an elephant.

Level: 9
Health: 68
Mojo: 66 (it says he regenerates 4 mana/turn, but it's actually 3)
Ferocity: 15
Endurance: 24

Davey Jones' strategy is to wrangle and wait for Death to arrive. With Poison and Venomous Bite, Davey inflicts damage over time. With Body Slam and Cure, Davey avoids getting poisoned himself. Lesser Heal and Cure provide longevity of life while Death's claws wrap around his foes.

Now introducing Miss Swan.
Miss Swan follows the footsteps of Davey Jones, but with time I am sure she will surpass him.
Miss Swan is a Kismet, giving the natural advantage of +20 mana.

Level: 6
Health: 52
Mojo: 51 (again, it says mana regen is 4 but it's really only 3)
Endurance: 18

Using similar tactics, but without the ability of Venomous Bite, Miss Swan tends to poison opponents early in the game, and follow on with Bite, using Lesser Heal and Cure as necessary to prolong life. If need be, she will patiently wait while skipping turns and healing to allow opponents to run out of mana before pressing the attack.

Will Turner is a different animal. He spends most of his time sharpening his skills in my gym. With a focus on Ferocity and Health, Will Turner presses the attack relentlessly, making use of his enhanced Initiative to deliver devastating Ambushes. He believes the best defense is a good offense, and therefor has little care for Mojo or Endurance, as he has every intention to end the fight in less than 15 rounds.

What are your strategies and tactics?

Edit: If a mod could change the title to "A pirate ship's strategies. What are yours?" I'd be thankful.

Last edited:
Following this thread. Maybe I will learn how to develop a pet before real launch. lololol

As things currently are, investing all your level up points on Health is the best idea at the low levels (below level 4). After that it seems advantageous to start leveling up mojo and endurance as well, tailored to your tactics.

As things currently are, investing all your level up points on Health is the best idea at the low levels (below level 4). After that it seems advantageous to start leveling up mojo and endurance as well, tailored to your tactics.

Thats what I mainly do at the very low levels as it also helps with the Forest battles early on. But then after that I kind of blow it trying to figure out what will be more important.

I have been toying around with two primary pets (and I missed out on the 50K speed skilling, so I may be a little behind here) and experimenting with a third of a different strategy.

Meet Davey Jones.
Davey is an Edgehog with the tenacity of a bulldog, and the patience of an elephant.

Level: 9
Health: 68
Mojo: 66 (it says he regenerates 4 mana/turn, but it's actually 3)
Endurance: 24

Davey Jones' strategy is to wrangle and wait for Death to arrive. With Poison and Venomous Bite, Davey inflicts damage over time. With Body Slam and Cure, Davey avoids getting poisoned himself. Lesser Heal and Cure provide longevity of life while Death's claws wrap around his foes.

Now introducing Miss Swan.
Miss Swan follows the footsteps of Davey Jones, but with time I am sure she will surpass him.
Miss Swan is a Kismet, giving the natural advantage of +20 mana.

Level: 6
Health: 52
Mojo: 51 (again, it says mana regen is 4 but it's really only 3)
Endurance: 18

Using similar tactics, but without the ability of Venomous Bite, Miss Swan tends to poison opponents early in the game, and follow on with Bite, using Lesser Heal and Cure as necessary to prolong life. If need be, she will patiently wait while skipping turns and healing to allow opponents to run out of mana before pressing the attack.

Will Turner is a different animal. He spends most of his time sharpening his skills in my gym. With a focus on Ferocity and Health, Will Turner presses the attack relentlessly, making use of his enhanced Initiative to deliver devastating Ambushes. He believes the best defense is a good offense, and therefor has little care for Mojo or Endurance, as he has every intention to end the fight in less than 15 rounds.

What are your strategies and tactics?

Edit: If a mod could change the title to "A pirate ship's strategies. What are yours?" I'd be thankful.

Oooo I like your work of art. Let me just ask, who has the jar of dirt? ; )

Back