Question: A Tablet that runs Entropia Universe?

Aiantas

Hatchling
Society
Greeks United HQ
Kamenidis Aias Christodoulos
I want to buy a tablet that runs Entropia Universe at low settings with 15-30 FPS.
Cause my job i will carry the tablet all day.
Just want to do some chat and check the auction when i would be away from my desktop.
Anyone has tested it already?

I want to buy a tablet that runs Entropia Universe at low settings with 15-30 FPS.
Just want to do some chat and check the auction when i would be away from my desktop.

just get a laptop. not too sure about a tablet that can handle this game

I know some people play on their mobile devices remotely. (game is actually running on their PC but the display/controls is on their phone/tablet)

If you are interested in just the auction thing, you might aswell download the app?
It's called virtual tycoon in the playstore (google) and it's not yet available for apple afaik

just get a laptop. not too sure about a tablet that can handle this game

I have a 3+ year old $300 laptop with integrated graphics that can run this game with some settings on medium, I'm sure there are many tablets that are more powerful.

I know some people play on their mobile devices remotely. (game is actually running on their PC but the display/controls is on their phone/tablet)

My previous disciples primarily plays on his iPad this way. He has teamviewer (or some similar software) that remotes into his gaming pc/laptop and he controls his avatar through this iPad and hunts regularly with it.

I would look into getting any tablet you like then from there get TeamViewer which will allow you to access your PC from anywhere on any device.

I would look into getting any tablet you like then from there get TeamViewer which will allow you to access your PC from anywhere on any device.

But the experience will be really crappy if he isn't on a good internet connection. When you are on the move quick internet where you go isn't always something you get. Internet on airport/airplane can be slow same with hotels and public places at least here in Norway. I travel a lot and I've found that the only way to know I can play decent is to bring that runs the game locally as the game actually works good on shit connections where any RDP solution would be horrible.

I would never recommended TeamViewer or anything similar. Poor quality and doesn't work well.

The nerd in me says I have to get one of those :D

I would strongly advice against it. I have the Surface pro 4 at work, I can't get EU to even start on it. All I get is something in the lines with "not enough vRam. Exiting application."

Also, the games that do start run extremely poorly considering it's a 2000 dollar laptop. You can do much better with that money.

I would strongly advice against it. I have the Surface pro 4 at work, I can't get EU to even start on it. All I get is something in the lines with "not enough vRam. Exiting application."

Also, the games that do start run extremely poorly considering it's a 2000 dollar laptop. You can do much better with that money.
Here we go again.... You don't have the best/modest surface pro 4... I'm assuming since you're getting thr ram error you only have thr 4gb version. Where windows itself requires min of 2 and entropia atleast 2. You're already maxing out your ram usage. No problems running games. if it's a work tablet there is probably restrictions placed on it

Here we go again.... You don't have the best/modest surface pro 4... I'm assuming since you're getting thr ram error you only have thr 4gb version. Where windows itself requires min of 2 and entropia atleast 2. You're already maxing out your ram usage. No problems running games. if it's a work tablet there is probably restrictions placed on it

Since you don't seem to understand the difference of vRAM and RAM, I am gonna assume you have not tried it. If you have successfully managed to run EU on a Surface Pro 4, please be my guest and enlighten me how you managed to do that. I would also be very interested if you could record a video showing how great it works for you.

I have the 512/i7/16GB version. And all version have the same vRAM (which is too small to run EU). The issue is that Surface Pro doesn't have a real dedicated GFX board, it runs graphics off from the integrated module in the CPU, which is a very weak one (Intel HD520). It's enough for some video and office work, but not for gaming as it only has 512MB (0,5GB) of vRAM.

Last edited:
Since you don't seem to understand the difference of vRAM and RAM, I am gonna assume you have not tried it. If you have successfully managed to run EU on a Surface Pro 4, please be my guest and enlighten me how you managed to do that. I would also be very interested if you could record a video showing how great it works for you.

I have the 512/i7/16GB version. And all version have the same vRAM (which is too small to run EU). The issue is that Surface Pro doesn't have a real dedicated GFX board, it runs graphics off from the integrated module in the CPU, which is a very weak one (Intel HD520). It's enough for some video and office work, but not for gaming as it only has 512MB (0,5GB) of vRAM.

I ran Entropia up until summer 2015 on this:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...-and-netbooks/acer-aspire-5750-1072413/review

Which had just a hd4000 and i3 processor. It was useable in low settings...

I ran Entropia up until summer 2015 on this:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc...-and-netbooks/acer-aspire-5750-1072413/review

Which had just a hd4000 and i3 processor. It was useable in low settings...

Maybe it had dedicated graphics card? I'm just sharing my experience about why the Surface Pro 4 might be a very expensive and bad choice as gaming laptop, as it is not designed for nor intended for gaming. If one wants to drop 2000 dollar on a gaming laptop, there's tons of alternatives from MSI and ASUS that will outperform the Surface Pro 4 by light years.

Maybe it had dedicated graphics card? I'm just sharing my experience about why the Surface Pro 4 might be a very expensive and bad choice as gaming laptop, as it is not designed for nor intended for gaming. If one wants to drop 2000 dollar on a gaming laptop, there's tons of alternatives from MSI and ASUS that will outperform the Surface Pro 4 by light years.

Nope, purely internal.

I've used the internal (HD5000) on my ultrabook, it's actually pretty good in a dropped resolution (1366x768) in medium. Battery life is huge. It does have a 940m dedicated card and it's great for med/high in 1920x1080.

I absolutely wouldn't spend $2k on a SP4, you're right there. But, you're really limited with options when you are looking for a "gaming" tablet.

I can start it on a laptop with i5-5200u/HD5500 without any problems.
Of course it works only on low.

@e-lite: did you try entropia in 32 or 64 bit mode?
I use 64bit.

Just downloaded and installed EU on a Surface Pro 3 and its working so far, have to wait for Caly to download however now and will post footage afterwards.

Just downloaded and installed EU on a Surface Pro 3 and its working so far, have to wait for Caly to download however now and will post footage afterwards.

Tt's more than playable on surface pro 3, you just have to put button for every action if you want to bypass keyboard.

Last edited:
I would never recommended TeamViewer or anything similar. Poor quality and doesn't work well.

Nonsense. I use it to craft explosive projectiles 4 while staring at the wall AFK and it works fine. :dunce: :D

Quit trying to act smart. Half the stuff you said is jack. Quit running your mouth about a topic you know nothing about...
https://m.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/3qilgf/surface_pro_4_gaming_tests/

Quit trying to act smart. Half the stuff you said is jack. Quit running your mouth about a topic you know nothing about...
https://m.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/3qilgf/surface_pro_4_gaming_tests/

I'm sorry, but since you don't even know the difference between RAM and vRAM, I am having a hard time to place my trust in your expertise this case. On top of that you are promoting a 2000+ dollar business tablet as a gaming laptop. Also, you haven't provided a response to my request for you to show off your great results of running EU on the Surface Pro 4. I am still waiting for that. I am not saying you are wrong, I never did, I am just saying that at least I have tried it and it didn't work because the game says "not enough vRAM", which clearly indicates that there's not enough allocate-able video memory in the hardware. I am very curious to know how you got around that error.

Finally, the link you provided shows me no successful test of running EU on Surface Pro 4. As I have mentioned to you before, I too have managed to get some games to work on Surface Pro 4, with very poor results, usually running at low-medium settings at 20-30 FPS, which is barley playable. And that is for the games that actually do start, as I have several games that doesn't start at all because of the low vRAM.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but since you don't even know the difference between RAM and vRAM, I am having a hard time to place my trust in your expertise this case. On top of that you are promoting a 2000+ dollar business tablet as a gaming laptop. Also, you haven't provided a response to my request for you to show off your great results of running EU on the Surface Pro 4. I am still waiting for that. I am not saying you are wrong, I never did, I am just saying that at least I have tried it and it didn't work because the game says "not enough vRAM", which clearly indicates that there's not enough allocate-able video memory in the hardware. I am very curious to know how you got around that error.

Finally, the link you provided shows me no successful test of running EU on Surface Pro 4. As I have mentioned to you before, I too have managed to get some games to work on Surface Pro 4, with very poor results, usually running at low-medium settings at 20-30 FPS, which is barley playable. And that is for the games that actually do start, as I have several games that doesn't start at all because of the low vRAM.

What i read about the Surface Pro is that Intel Graphics allocate up too 1,7gb dynamic ,but still a problem since some programs/games looks for dedicated vram inorder to start and you have no bios settings for this either like on a normal laptop :(

Would not recomend Surface pro for gaming when you can get an ASUS ROG with the 960M with 2G GDDR5 VRAM for half the price of Suface Pro :rolleyes:

You will have to wait a few months as I currently do not have the SF4. The point I was making which you clearly did not understand was if you already own a SF you will be able to play EU

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro laptop/tablet hybrid does run Entropia on processor graphics (i.e. doesn't suck the battery dry in 15 minutes). Price tag in EU is below 1000eur - more or less depending on local VAT.

I'm not here to argue with ppl who define "running a game" as nothing less than full hd 240fps on full settings, I'm simply trying to help the OP based on actual real life experience.

I would expect that similar hardware will do the job just as well.

More info:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/yoga-3-pro-laptop/

Back