Server Downtime for Release

Big download, will probably be mostly graphics and Migration based, but MA do sometimes pull a surprise rabbit out of the hat.

Let's see what happens tomorrow! :)

Im just waiting for a major VU update. VU 16 coming soon. Not many numbers left between 15.9.0 and 16.

Infinite numbers, really. The biggest second sequence so far was in VU 8.12.x, but nothing prevents from going further.

Isn't it a little early for migration though? Don't they usually have a robot invasion with Jam Raiders and Big Bulks just before migration to fill up the loot pool a bit?

Isn't it a little early for migration though? Don't they usually have a robot invasion with Jam Raiders and Big Bulks just before migration to fill up the loot pool a bit?

Normally a Gun grab :D

oh, they did remove no loot, miss and evaded from mobs. We get lie down back. We now can spawn 3 pets (like it was in older times). They add EP V and VI and up to X. They remove the average 60% loot to be 90%. Ancient pets get back the size they had, and now you can shoot trough pets, in pvp. Migration starts and all planets are empty. They increased the 6 weeks summer break to be 2 months. While this break, for secure reason, all luck buttons are switched off. They give us back the robot space ships on mining and beacons are into it, like it was. We get faster and powerfull servers. A new quad (Rolls Roys) will be availlable in auction for 100k peds. And to make everyone happy, everyone get luck pills. If you eat one, you have one hour only luck. All bugs got fixed! If you scam, you get banned within seconds. They fixed the speed cheat in space and at vehicles.

Do I miss some thing? :ahh:

Ok, to be more serious, i just hope we all get a nice summer, have fun all!

oh, they did remove no loot, miss and evaded from mobs. We get lie down back. We now can spawn 3 pets (like it was in older times). They add EP V and VI and up to X. They remove the average 60% loot to be 90%. Ancient pets get back the size they had, and now you can shoot trough pets, in pvp. Migration starts and all planets are empty. They increased the 6 weeks summer break to be 2 months. While this break, for secure reason, all luck buttons are switched off. They give us back the robot space ships on mining and beacons are into it, like it was. We get faster and powerfull servers. A new quad (Rolls Roys) will be availlable in auction for 100k peds. And to make everyone happy, everyone get luck pills. If you eat one, you have one hour only luck. All bugs got fixed! If you scam, you get banned within seconds. They fixed the speed cheat in space and at vehicles.

Do I miss some thing? :ahh:

Ok, to be more serious, i just hope we all get a nice summer, have fun all!

Aye you missed the space update which is promised since 5 years, stable functions, landplot functionality (housebuilding) and polished chrome texture fix - apart from that its a good start ;)

Fix Select Target Trigger Bot and disable pets in pvp

Neh you got it all wrong.

Since Mindark is aware that gamers are getting younger every year, this VU is aimed at that age group.

Port Atlantis will receive a daycare center, kindergarten / elementary school, high school and college. Various NPC's in and around Port Atlantis will have homework assignments in order to challenge these young minds.

Twin Peaks will be the hometown of the new 'Calypso University' and campus. The campus will be housing students and is off limits to all non students. The campus will host the all new Boorum Go Go Bar', 'Twin Dance club' and various beauty parlors.

Twin Peaks will also get the new 'Entropia Interactive Zoo' showcasing creatures from all the planets. Visitors are encouraged to try out the all new interactive attractions like, "Dodge the snapping Hogglo." 'Entropia Interactive Zoo' will also be the place where one finds the new 'Compet Battle Arena' where Pet owners can challenge each other for a Pet fight. ( However currently the Compet Battle Arena is still being evaluated by various animal rights organizations like PETA. )

:silly2:

Last edited:
You know MA, when you make these announcements, it may bee good to include RELEASE NOTES so that everyone knows what the patch is for. This is a Industry Standard and, in most cases, required by the software industry. :confused:

posting release notes BEFORE release is not an industry standard, it's the dev showing good intentions.

Neh you got it all wrong.

Since Mindark is aware that gamers are getting younger every year, this VU is aimed at that age group.

Port Atlantis will receive a daycare center, kindergarten / elementary school, high school and college. Various NPC's in and around Port Atlantis will have homework assignments in order to challenge these young minds.

Twin Peaks will be the hometown of the new 'Calypso University' and campus. The campus will be housing students and is off limits to all non students. The campus will host the all new Boorum Go Go Bar', 'Twin Dance club' and various beauty parlors.

Twin Peaks will also get the new 'Entropia Interactive Zoo' showcasing creatures from all the planets. Visitors are encouraged to try out the all new interactive attractions like, "Dodge the snapping Hogglo." 'Entropia Interactive Zoo' will also be the place where one finds the new 'Compet Battle Arena' where Pet owners can challenge each other for a Pet fight. ( However currently the Compet Battle Arena is still being evaluated by various animal rights organizations like PETA. )

:silly2:

I'd like that!

but realistically, it's graphics updates. I for one don't expect any new content since it's 15.9 and not 16.0!

I'd like that!

but realistically, it's graphics updates. I for one don't expect any new content since it's 15.9 and not 16.0!

Yup... the last big update was graphical as well, highly doubt this one is going to be 1gb of actual pure content.

Let's just hope this one doesn't come with new bugs :(

Yup... the last big update was graphical as well, highly doubt this one is going to be 1gb of actual pure content.

Let's just hope this one doesn't come with new bugs :(

But the last update was 15.8.x so considered a minor update, this is a medium one, so I think it will be more than just graphics or we'd still have 15.8.something

The graphics bugs have been impressive, the clear shader cache option disappeared as well?
I frequently see purple and pink block out when I enter new areas!
We as clients only bitch and moan when the product is bugged. Some small bugs here and there with a patch to fix within a few days is acceptable.
We can but hope they fix some of the graphic and icon display issues?

You know MA, when you make these announcements, it may bee good to include RELEASE NOTES so that everyone knows what the patch is for. This is a Industry Standard and, in most cases, required by the software industry. :confused:

Problem here is, if they announce beforehand there is going to be space content (for example), everyone with spare peds will be buying up all the space vehicles, equipment, etc, stocking up to sell after the VU is done. Same for pets, or any other things.

So I can understand why there are no release notes prior to the VU.

But it will be nice to have the release notes to be out when servers are down for the VU.......

But it will be nice to have the release notes to be out when servers are down for the VU.......

I think they've stated somewhere that they don't like to put out release notes until they know for sure what's in the release, and as sometimes they go to try and release something and roll it back instead because it's too buggy the release notes from start of patch would be wrong by the end of the patch. It would be good if the release notes were there the second they let us back in the game again though. I know there have sometimes been waits of several hours to find out what we actually downloaded.

if i was to guess what this patch is going to be - insignificant, i dont get my hopes up.

Last edited:
Most likely removing mobs in places where longtooths, eomons and mulmuns will be spawning.

A server downtime is not necessary for this alone.

Now downloading but it's no way near a gb big

Can't see any issue in not releasing notes? You can have a good educated guess anyway, and as people have mentioned if someone has 2 days to prep for a major change, it could be very profitable.

Downloading Next Island - Secret Island - 540.88 MB

:eyecrazy:

Hmm logged in, don't see no immediate changes :)

Edit: Wait! There's more lag...

There is a new skill with the troll icon under social and no skill description....

I wonder if MA got hacked if it's for real ....

Good old Neverdie.

It looks like a photoshop but I guarantee you it's in game. Top marks to the Pres!

Did the update and started a Rextelum hunt.

While hunting Rextelum I found out that Aetherex now have no hitbox.
I cannot target or damage them. Only option was to take of my armor and die. :D

Aetherex seem to have been changed in shape and texture.

Support case send ingame. ;)

Last edited:
Back