Entropia Universe 15.9.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Features:
  • Activated the terrain occlusion and indirect lighting systems.
  • Time of day, weather and wind system transitions have been improved.
  • Improved the appearance of transparent objects in the item info panel.
  • Various graphics and performance optimizations.

Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue causing icons to be rendered incorrectly on low graphics settings.
  • Client stability improved.

Sound
  • New sound effects have been implemented when dealing or receiving a critical hit.

Note:
  • Icons are now regenerated after each update. One side effect of this change is that it may require a few moments for icons to display correctly in the inventory after a client update.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, we really needed a new critical hit sound, thanks MA :)

Yup, we really needed a new critical hit sound, thanks MA :)

Yes ofc, we dont need weapon sounds so its good they did not fix that... :scratch2:

Yes ofc, we dont need weapon sounds so its good they did not fix that... :scratch2:

Only cuz yours is to fast :p

Was sarcasm tho about needing a new critical hit sound if you had not gathered hihi

Essentially nothing new, beyond minor fixes. Well done team, still focussed on Compet.

So, what of the new troll social skill??

LOL

So, what of the new troll social skill??

LOL

i'm guessing we're getting a new skill, and thats a placeholder icon that shouldn't have been uploaded to game

i crash in every 3-5 mins.. wtf is the problem with MA's employees?

Note:
  • Icons are now regenerated after each update. One side effect of this change is that it may require a few moments for icons to display correctly in the inventory after a client update.

Still no Icons after 10 minutes waiting for me.

SC Made.

i crash in every 3-5 mins.. wtf is the problem with MA's employees?

Am crashing every 20-30 mins now, I think. Compared to pretty much hardly crashing over many hours.

Features:
  • Activated the terrain occlusion and indirect lighting systems.
  • Time of day, weather and wind system transitions have been improved.
  • Improved the appearance of transparent objects in the item info panel.
  • Various graphics and performance optimizations.
seems Ok so far

Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue causing icons to be rendered incorrectly on low graphics settings.
  • Client stability improved.
TY . Noticeable improvement over last weeks problems with graphics :)

Sound
  • New sound effects have been implemented when dealing or receiving a critical hit.
WHY? Why break something I mean fix something that ain't broke ? Why introduce new sounds just for the hell of it ? Why are these sounds not even relevant to what they are supposed to be indicating ? A sound to indicate a Crit should be a strong sound, not so pale pink and wishy-washy that many people won't even hear it

Note:
Some icons in inventory still show X, some desktop icons for MF chips now have transparency behind the number, others still show black... think this needs more work..
(Please note I did give it time to reload all pages of both carried inventory and storage, and then probably a good 20 + mins more. Then tried the usual change gfx setting, relog, change settings back to my normal one and reduce shading, relog... to no avail)

TY.
but i changed nothing so far, and now it is working for me.

i changed graphics to safe mod, i changed it back to low, i reloged, i did the same and after some time the items in my inventory and storage started showing up (i crashed sometimes during that also)

Am crashing every 20-30 mins now, I think. Compared to pretty much hardly crashing over many hours.

i got 4-5 easrly crashes but now it seems ok, i was hunting for like 2 and half hours without any problem.. all the crashes i got was then i was trying to load my items in inventory/storage/boxes

Heya...

i can only speak for mayself...but i have NO crashes within hours...

But i had to do some things for that also..

but one of the mainly things was..

port forwarding some ports for eu (static ip for my pc)

connection in client loader set to modem (56 kbps)-->although i have a 75mbit connection...

Cheers,
Eddie

I was loving the old crit sound :mad:

Expect a lot more misses due to wind :)

since when is wind even in the game?!

I'd welcome rain and clouds though. would make the game so much more atmospheric

You must be playing a different game to me! <grin>

Wind rain and clouds have been seen for ages now.

complete garbage update. new sound... are you serious? I'll tell you what you can do with that critical hit sound...

Also - icons need to reload after each update... UMMMMMMMMM didn't that already happen ? Like forever...? Every update my inventory has to reload everything. WTH. They just found old release notes and copy paste them?

So many MAJOR issues remain in this game and they do nothing. It pisses me off because I love this game, but they ruin it or block it from becoming great.

Played 2 hours in last 5-6 months maybe....keep waiting...

complete garbage update. new sound... are you serious? I'll tell you what you can do with that critical hit sound...

Also - icons need to reload after each update... UMMMMMMMMM didn't that already happen ? Like forever...? Every update my inventory has to reload everything. WTH. They just found old release notes and copy paste them?

So many MAJOR issues remain in this game and they do nothing. It pisses me off because I love this game, but they ruin it or block it from becoming great.

Played 2 hours in last 5-6 months maybe....keep waiting...

There was work that had to be done on the shader cache along with automating the clearing of that so that the user does not have to do that every time as they change and update icons.

Please guys stop being so melodramatic. It's childish. You can be upset even vent a little bit but check yourself.

So Any update on when the inventory should actually begin loading up?

The first time I logged in Materials inventory began loading after a few minutes. I relogged because the armor and clothes tabs would not load.

Now no tabs are loading properly. Anyone else had this issue? Anyone know a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Ahrotahn

1. Some item icons still getting more space than needed in storage.
2. RT Bananas still are X in inventory
3. I think you still need to relog when arriving on a planet to use TT (didn't tested extensive!)

comment: Crit sound change was unecessary ofcourse! (more look like a broken sound that we call it an updated for me lol)

Last edited:
If X has to be displayed in place of the item in the inventory, it will be better if the X was resized to fit the normal item size.

When you arrange items in inventory it doesnt look all screwed up when the items finally get displayed.

So Any update on when the inventory should actually begin loading up?

The first time I logged in Materials inventory began loading after a few minutes. I relogged because the armor and clothes tabs would not load.

Now no tabs are loading properly. Anyone else had this issue? Anyone know a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Ahrotahn

When in game, press "O" and check "Advanced Options".

Think the shadings cache option was unknowingly set to "customs" (for mine at least).

After lowering it to my regular settings, my inventory started to load as per normal.

Back