Info: ComPet Beta Winners: Round 4

Princess|ComPet

Former MindArk Official
ComPet Beta winners Round 4

Players:

* NZJonny5
* Unity
* Demoniac

Has reached a shared first position in the end of Round 4 and will all three receive 500 PED each on their accounts, at the end of the Beta period. Well played! :) Make sure to email: contact@competgame.com your ID account. Tap the Player Profile twice to make it appear (upper left corner)

The next round has already started so good luck everyone!

P.S We did not wipe the accounts this week. The next wipe will be next Monday along with an update : )

Game on! :yay:
/ComPet team

Last edited:

Players:

* NZJonny5
* Unity
* Demoniac

Has reached a shared first position in the end of Round 4 and will all three receive 500 PED each on their accounts, at the end of the Beta period. Well played! :)

P.S We did not wipe the accounts this week. The next wipe will be next Monday along with an update : )

/ComPet team

Grats to the winners :)

You may not have wiped the account data, but you did disable the logins for existing accounts - i had to make a new one to get into compet and can still see my old one in there along with all the other old accounts which people likely cant access either.

Grats to the winners :)

You may not have wiped the account data, but you did disable the logins for existing accounts - i had to make a new one to get into compet and can still see my old one in there along with all the other old accounts which people likely cant access either.

That's weird, we haven't done that. I haven't had any difficulties logging in myself with different accounts. Could you provide us with more information regarding this? Could you perhaps post it in a new thread in the Feedback section? : ) That would be awesome.

My login worked as normal today so not sure what happened for John B.

PS. after next wipe may I suggest to give us enough ped/diamonds to achieve at least level 4 residence quickly.
The initial startup takes attention every hour or two and I don't really feel like doing it again.

Regards,
Ant

Will you ever clean the Leaderboard by the win-trading cheaters?

Very easy to spot are the accounts who have killed 0 forest beasts and have alot of points while beiing limited to a level 2 residence...

Players:

* NZJonny5
* Unity
* Demoniac

Has reached a shared first position in the end of Round 4 and will all three receive 500 PED each on their accounts, at the end of the Beta period. Well played! :)

/ComPet team

Do we need to send device ID info to support every time we win, or just the first time?

i thought only people with double account still play compet... its too repetitive and the weekly wipe pretty much takes away all the fun.

My login worked as normal today so not sure what happened for John B.

PS. after next wipe may I suggest to give us enough ped/diamonds to achieve at least level 4 residence quickly.
The initial startup takes attention every hour or two and I don't really feel like doing it again.

Regards,
Ant

We'll talk about this with the team and see what we can do about it : )

We always check for cheaters in the system and if we spot someone cheating to gain the 500 PED prize then we will ban the player.

i thought only people with double account still play compet... its too repetitive and the weekly wipe pretty much takes away all the fun.

What do you mean by double account? : )

double accounting means that one player plays on 2 accounts to boost one account up in the ranking. possibly even with 3 or 4 accounts to make it less likely to be spotted. as its open for all and not only to compet deed owners like initially advertised makes it likely that this stuff happens.

double accounting means that one player plays on 2 accounts to boost one account up in the ranking. possibly even with 3 or 4 accounts to make it less likely to be spotted. as its open for all and not only to compet deed owners like initially advertised makes it likely that this stuff happens.

The game is only available for the Deed holders at this moment. We're planning on releasing a Soft Launch soon so that everyone else can start playing it too. Also, we are able to spot people who plays with more than one account to boost up their ranking. We are making sure that no one wins the prize with that kind of method :)

The game is only available for the Deed holders at this moment. We're planning on releasing a Soft Launch soon so that everyone else can start playing it too. Also, we are able to spot people who plays with more than one account to boost up their ranking. We are making sure that no one wins the prize with that kind of method :)

Surely, anyone can download and play the beta right now? There is no need to link accounts, is there?

Also, on being able to spot people playing with more then one account to boost up their ranking, are you claiming that you can spot someone using their smart phone and PC at the same time with different and seemingly unrelated accounts? What is to stop them being friends in the same place?

Furthermore, if two friends play at the same times, given the low number of battle partners to be found, then they will obviously potentially have many battles with each other. I expect any player who wins will have been fighting the same other people a lot of the time, whether this has been arranged, or not!

Surely, anyone can download and play the beta right now? There is no need to link accounts, is there?

Yes, but they can't win prizes and wont receive any bonus PEDs after launch.

Also, on being able to spot people playing with more then one account to boost up their ranking, are you claiming that you can spot someone using their smart phone and PC at the same time with different and seemingly unrelated accounts? What is to stop them being friends in the same place?

The problem is when they start win-trading, one account beating the other over and over again.

Furthermore, if two friends play at the same times, given the low number of battle partners to be found, then they will obviously potentially have many battles with each other. I expect any player who wins will have been fighting the same other people a lot of the time, whether this has been arranged, or not!
You are correct but its pretty easy to spot when two accounts for example have faced each other 20 times in a row with the same one winning all the time.

''You are correct but its pretty easy to spot when two accounts for example have faced each other 20 times in a row with the same one winning all the time.''

Not really, this happens all the time, I think half the time we are just happy to find someone, The outcome of the battle doesn't always depend on who wins or loses to get ranking points either.

Yes, but they can't win prizes and wont receive any bonus PEDs after launch.

The problem is when they start win-trading, one account beating the other over and over again.

You are correct but its pretty easy to spot when two accounts for example have faced each other 20 times in a row with the same one winning all the time.

Thanks Kim and Princess.
On the last two points, what I have mentioned in other posts is that it is not only about "the same one winning all the time". It is beneficial to both players playing with gold battles to win just 50% of the time, certainly up to the threshold of I think 750 points, and even after that thanks to xp gained.

Also, given that we cannot actually select our opponents and there is usually an imbalance, I would expect people to want to give up a lot too. If I am a stronger player and there is a weaker pet trying to find a battle I can follow them around the various gold battles to try to catch them in a search. I will either win quickly, or slowly. Maybe I should lose a few times to keep them interested... or maybe I shouldn't lose? You tell me Kim!

There is no cheating as such, or rather, it is maybe unintended but it is still going to happen. It's a stupid situation of semi-symbiotic advancement!

Is that something you have understood and do you think it is just a problem with a very low number of players at any time? If so, then won't different times of day and high levels face exactly those problems even after the full launch?

I look forward to your reply - I know it's tricky, believe me!

Last season two of the season IV winners made it up into the top 3 past some of the exploiters in place, bewcause they had been winning over a hundred arena battles against me in which i was loosing most of the time as i was trying to get some exp to move my pet from level12 to level 14 to have a chance at winning, just to realize that once i was lvl14 that i had still no chance because i was missing the lvl5 library spellupgrades.
So while i practically did loose 80-90% of the fights in hope to get into a position to win i ended up giving others the karma points even though their was no intention to make them score prizes.
I guess what im saying is, sometimes you will end up gifting someone else the win because of you trying to even the odds and win yourself.
The system should have automatic routines in place to separate players who have no chance of winning against their opponent - it shouldnt have to be a manual correction on the positive/negative karma points they receive.

Just imagine this scenario and let me see how you find this into your logs:

I'm playing normal, linked account, no cheats. But at a point i need to wait 2 hours to have my needed gold for upgrade. So I took my wife android phone, make a new account and dry it by ped, in arena, by a lvl 1 vs lvl2 or 3 pet. Dry it by peds, because this alt got 16x5 ped battle packs. He don't need them, but I do. Now I have ped to buy gold and make immediate the upgrade, not next day morning. Point for me!

In the next day, no match in arena, time to make new alt, not linked, and check if I get reputation/rank points. If I'm on good "wave" I got points. If not, I stop the practice, but i still dry the alt by some peds. Not many, 6-7 battles because I don't want to get attention of developers. They are looking for alt loosing many battles against same player. I don't mind if I make 100 alt, not linked, but fighting only 3-4 battles each. This game is cool!

Later after few hours, let's try again the trick. Now is fine, I got XP, I got reputation points, I got peds. Not many, only few battles on a new alt. Then logout & I create a new one. It costs me a few minutes more to log out, skip the tutorial and jump in the new alt. One can say, why not only 1-2 battles only for every new alt? It is quite safe. Need patience, yes, but entropia players has lot of patience. No one would pay attention I did 150 battles with 75 different not linked accounts. I got 450ped out of it, lot of XP (for low level pet but I need them for lvl 10 and lvl 15 main pet). Ped will help me advancing faster then the other "poor" players, playing fair. Looser :)!

Then I find out I can't mach in arena my alt, because I'm higher rank. Then I have to grow an alt close to my rank. No problem, I know the procedure, just need to spend some time on it... Now I have to take care a bit about the name, but not too much thinking... let's say: xxxx, hmm, sounds familiar to my main name. No matter, nobody will care about. Now I can fight against. Damn, have to take care of my main and an alt to grow it. But I'm so smart, I can do it. This game is so nice to me. They paid me 500ped! I'm damn smart, ha ha!

End of story! Not my story, but I'm sure the truth is somewhere there. Just check who fight 5ped battle pack against not liked accounts at low level. Check who did a lot of arena battles against not linked accounts. Match the localization. Match alt names... It is so obvious a lot of alts has quite similar names. Who cares an alt can't win the prize. LOL. An alt, not linked is just helping the main account.

I can understand, developers are not supposed to search in logs for any shit. Lots of stuff to do with the game, but don't say the Leaderboard is clean because if full of shit. As some of winners. Good for them, weekly wipe cleans the log as well...

Very difficult to find anyone in arena the last days.
I guess people are just awaiting the next wipe.

Anyway, I wanted to get my residence to level 5 before the wipe (pure vanity) so today I did use the tactic of creating an unlinked account to transfer a few peds (which was used to advance a quest and gain some xp on my 2 little pets awaiting level 5).

I am not competing for the prizes, I just like the game as an enjoyable evening diversion.
I hope the compet devs will forgive me when they see my actions in the logs.

Good weekend everyone,
Ant

all of this talk is nonsense in my view, as I could NEVER find any opponents consistently (some periods, there were opponents available, sometimes I would have to face the same op opponent multiple times in a row - after the 3rd loss against the same guy the arena was obviously dead to me then for the period of time).

there would be no win trading if there just were more opponents available. you can't choose your opponent! neither should you be facing the same guy all the time!

I said it and I'm saying it again: make the game suggest using a different battle pack when there is no opponent available in your category but there is one in a different category. this HAS to be done in order to improve battle frequency!!!

all of this talk is nonsense in my view, as I could NEVER find any opponents consistently (some periods, there were opponents available, sometimes I would have to face the same op opponent multiple times in a row - after the 3rd loss against the same guy the arena was obviously dead to me then for the period of time).

there would be no win trading if there just were more opponents available. you can't choose your opponent! neither should you be facing the same guy all the time!

I said it and I'm saying it again: make the game suggest using a different battle pack when there is no opponent available in your category but there is one in a different category. this HAS to be done in order to improve battle frequency!!!

They need to fix negative ranking points first, these are the main reason that players stop playing when they start loosing points for wins.
Noone likes getting punished for winning.

They need to fix negative ranking points first, these are the main reason that players stop playing when they start loosing points for wins.
Noone likes getting punished for winning.

agree. beside solving the bugs and suggestions implementation, dev team must pay attention to these 2 topics:

- win trading
- scoring system

win trading - just ask linking the account right after the tutorial. It means no actions possible without a linked account. And linked to a valid EU account, a Compet deed holder. Now you can "link/register" the account to a whatever email address - not even a real email address. There is no activation link sent by email - like any basic registration process. Or just simple, allow arena battles only to registered/linked accounts to valid Entropia email account, deed holders.
win trading will ever exist and can't be fully eliminated, but at the scale of today it is possible within few hours play to have one of top 3 assured & 500ped. Completely not fair for the players playing correct. And people will quit playing or start win trading as well...

scoring system - I hope you already found a solution for this issue, because actual system is also in advantage of cheaters. Just don't lose any battle and you have have quickly top position within 40 battles. How to win all the time? Again, win trading with a few alt accounts

Without solving these issues I think you'll have less and less beta testers and not expected gameplay & bug feedback.

Hi LMTR,

We are working on the battle system, this is why we have a Beta phase so that we can test things and improve them along the way :) so don't you worry! We will deliver a nice working Arena soon :yay:

Hi LMTR,

We are working on the battle system, this is why we have a Beta phase so that we can test things and improve them along the way :) so don't you worry! We will deliver a nice working Arena soon :yay:

Nice, excited...

Please solve win trading somehow. Just made a test - costs me about one hour to bring one to the top - see ranking now. Spending like 2-3 hours can make it much harder to identify it in the logs!

Find solutions, please!

So season 5 has ended several days ago...

Top 3 ranks were:
1.) NZJonny5 2071 points
2.) Azael 1942 points
3.) Merlin 1906 points

Thought imo Kaliah (#4) would have been qualified if NZJonny5 hadnt 'wintradet' (again since he did the same in season 4, but got actually congratulated by Mindark) his way to the top on the first day of the season with just 74 arena fights.

But then maybe there is no prizes this time, since no season 5 winners got announced...

So season 5 has ended several days ago...

Top 3 ranks were:
1.) NZJonny5 2071 points
2.) Azael 1942 points
3.) Merlin 1906 points

Thought imo Kaliah (#4) would have been qualified if NZJonny5 hadnt 'wintradet' (again since he did the same in season 4, but got actually congratulated by Mindark) his way to the top on the first day of the season with just 74 arena fights.

But then maybe there is no prizes this time, since no season 5 winners got announced...

Still no announcement regarding season 5, even though season 6 winners already got rewarded - was there a reason why season 5 was skipped over ?

Back