Impact of upgrade missions

NoBion

Elite
Society
Freelancer
NoBion Nob Andersen
Hello.

Trying to start a healthy discussion about upgrade missions. Now luckily I have not really felt any consequences due to upgrade missions. Looking at the latest upgrade mission to boar I can't anything but worry about impact on people's gear but first and foremost these very affordable upgrade missions unsettles the market and put it to an halt. (More than it already have put a halt to it)

Also in my opinion the amount of boost to stats armors get in upgrade missions vary a lot in quality. Some get real nice stats boost while others hardly.

Your opinion?

Just like any other item in Entropia, nothing is secure in value. The fap market felt these changes with the new mod2350s/2600s and armor is getting it next, with weapons lurking around the corner. Just like old school non-sib 'uber' items dropped significantly in price with the release of (L) and UL SIB weapons, the same is happening now with 2nd generation UL SIB weapons and items.

Edit: However, unlike the non-sib to UL SIB devaluation, this time MA is allowing people to upgrade existing items versus releasing brand new items which is huge in my opinion because it revives some armor's MU while punishes others. Who's to say that MA doesn't plan on having upgrade paths for all armors? If that's the case, perhaps the price of angel may be falling today but it can significantly rebound in the future with an upgrade path. Only time will tell..

Just like any other item in Entropia, nothing is secure in value. The fap market felt these changes with the new mod2350s/2600s and armor is getting it next, with weapons lurking around the corner. Just like old school non-sib 'uber' items dropped significantly in price with the release of (L) and UL SIB weapons, the same is happening now with 2nd generation UL SIB weapons and items.

True :).

Just can't escape the feeling that it's positives being outweighed by the negatives because it will put people in to looses and might turn in to loss of loyal well paying participants. Mostly because changes are so drastic and quickly.

In theory ita great to see the missions they bring value to a lot old obsolete items. Just worried it's not without sacrifices

It's making the game game a lot more accessible to newer players with a clear and well priced ladder for gear.

The attraction of new players is the one of the best ways to boost this games development and economy. So markups will be helped back to where there were on top end gear. And who's to say that there won't be adj supremacy in the future.

True :).

Just can't escape the feeling that it's positives being outweighed by the negatives because it will put people in to looses and might turn in to loss of loyal well paying participants. Mostly because changes are so drastic and quickly.

In theory ita great to see the missions they bring value to a lot old obsolete items. Just worried it's not without sacrifices

Those who are upset have every right to be upset, but they can't be oblivious to what is happening in EU. You can't stay stagnant because people will get bored and fall off. Boar owners like myself were getting upset to see their armor depreciate to <2K because of other armors invading the space, but now have been rewarded for holding on. While not everyone can be a winner, this can be a light in a dark tunnel for some.

Those who are upset have every right to be upset, but they can't be oblivious to what is happening in EU. You can't stay stagnant because people will get bored and fall off. Boar owners like myself were getting upset to see their armor depreciate to <2K because of other armors invading the space, but now have been rewarded for holding on. While not everyone can be a winner, this can be a light in a dark tunnel for some.

Yes I hope a upgrade for my phantom one day. But okay. I had that cheap due to upgrade missions. But I have sympathy for those who looses 100-200 $ almost overnight

Change and adapt.

MA are phasing the game to a new area, where buffs and TT-sinks are key. Hunting with an adj resto chip now is almost essential for the ecoboost, same with armour dodge buffs and rings.

Where one may see a negative (loss of MU in alternative items), many see a positive (180% MU on Adjusters for example).

Yes I hope a upgrade for my phantom one day. But okay. I had that cheap due to upgrade missions. But I have sympathy for those who looses 100-200 $ almost overnight

It's the name of the game :) There are risks with UL as well as benefits. For those who are risk tolerant, go for UL. For those who are not, (L) exists in abundance.. not to mention with more eco than UL counterparts.

Change and adapt.

MA are phasing the game to a new area, where buffs and TT-sinks are key. Hunting with an adj resto chip now is almost essential for the ecoboost, same with armour dodge buffs and rings.

Where one may see a negative (loss of MU in alternative items), many see a positive (180% MU on Adjusters for example).

Reminds me of a old thread I made about new features being bad for you. Since to keep the same eco (not to improve but avoid a decrease) you need to buy rings and buffs.

But it adds a extra layer of complexity which is good and bad

I can't wait for the adj Pixie to mod Carramone upgrade mission! :wtg:

Reminds me of a old thread I made about new features being bad for you. Since to keep the same eco (not to improve but avoid a decrease) you need to buy rings and buffs.

But it adds a extra layer of complexity which is good and bad

Kinda agree...

You need them to stay competitive, yes, but the new items typically have fantastic economy compared to older items. "SIBifying" means we have much more choice utilising items we already own.

Adj EP41 for ~3.8k is such good value - include a i105/106 for 1500 and you have a sub-6k setup which has 2.95 eco and 50 dps. 5 years ago, that would cost 25k.

I can't wait for the adj Pixie to mod Carramone upgrade mission! :wtg:

me neither :D I'm holding onto mine forever!

I like the upgrade missions, old armor becomes valuable again and there is some markup for the required ingredients :yay:

The problem I see with Caly and all the new stuff it keeps improving is how it will effect PP. They already killed off the fab market with their UL fabs Vivo s10 and the mod2350s/2600s. They own the monopoly on pre-amped finders and now they keep improving their ul armours. How can other PP keep up with them? No one will craft faps, armour and if the next migration drop elm guns last season guns will be pointless crafting. So then resources on other planets will be even harder to sell. Then how will PP keep their community alive?

The problem I see with Caly and all the new stuff it keeps improving is how it will effect PP. They already killed off the fab market with their UL fabs Vivo s10 and the mod2350s/2600s. They own the monopoly on pre-amped finders and now they keep improving their ul armours. How can other PP keep up with them? No one will craft faps, armour and if the next migration drop elm guns last season guns will be pointless crafting. So then resources on other planets will be even harder to sell. Then how will PP keep their community alive?

Seeing that other planet partners are doing the same (fap mission on cyrene, cheater weapons on RT, buff weapons on ark) I don't think they are having any trouble keeping up. As long as it doesn't all come from one planet i don't think there is an unfair advantage.

I'm having second thoughts about tiering up my armor now because of not knowing if there will be some upgrade path coming down the road that I don't know about since all that tiering cost will be wasted.

I'm having second thoughts about tiering up my armor now because of not knowing if there will be some upgrade path coming down the road that I don't know about since all that tiering cost will be wasted.

weigh the options of cost and benefits from tiering today, versus delaying and saving ped in case an upgrade mission arises.

My (F) Boar is one of the highest in-game (t3/4) but I'll still be upgrading. I'll also still tier it, even though it's likely to move to Imp, then Mod, in the future.

T2 Adj Boar = +6 Impact; adding to 5B that will mean an overall of 48 Impact protection. Tiering quickly makes your armour much better.

weigh the options of cost and benefits from tiering today, versus delaying and saving ped in case an upgrade mission arises.

My (F) Boar is one of the highest in-game (t3/4) but I'll still be upgrading. I'll also still tier it, even though it's likely to move to Imp, then Mod, in the future.

T2 Adj Boar = +6 Impact; adding to 5B that will mean an overall of 48 Impact protection. Tiering quickly makes your armour much better.

The problem is, I specifically bought peice by piece to each peice would have the highest tiers I could find, most all of my set has high tier values, once you upgrade, you don't know wtf your going to get for tier levels.

That happened with my fap, I had outstanding tier values on the imp2600, I upgraded to the mod2600 and got suck ass tier values :laugh:

The problem is, I specifically bought peice by piece to each peice would have the highest tiers I could find, most all of my set has high tier values, once you upgrade, you don't know wtf your going to get for tier levels.

That happened with my fap, I had outstanding tier values on the imp2600, I upgraded to the mod2600 and got suck ass tier values :laugh:

For unL I've never worried too much about tier numbers... Sometimes a piece which has 60 TIR goes up faster than a 150.

If you wanna tier armour fast, just go find a mob which has high dmg, hitrate, and loads of dmg types (max armour decay). Plongu are a shout, Riptor, Araenatrox, etc.

For unL I've never worried too much about tier numbers... Sometimes a piece which has 60 TIR goes up faster than a 150.

If you wanna tier armour fast, just go find a mob which has high dmg, hitrate, and loads of dmg types (max armour decay). Plongu are a shout, Riptor, Araenatrox, etc.

5 stages of Araenatrox done, apparently they hit everything but the gloves :laugh:

5 stages of Araenatrox done, apparently they hit everything but the gloves :laugh:

Paneleon and Shub's are also off-Caly options ;)

Tbh I think these upgrades and all the new stuff introduced recently (buff rings + pets with buffs) have a good effect on the gameplay, making it more vivid and enjoyable. Now you have more options to create a cool setup which fits your needs and hunting style, and to lower your costs. MA claims that playing smart is necessary to make profit/lower losses. A couple years before if you wanted to hunt with good eco you had only one option: buy high-end gear (imk2, mod merc, shadow etc.) Now if you chose your setup well, and know how to use the buffs, you can hunt nearly as eco as with the before mentioned items 2 or 3 years ago, but with lower investment. Ofc this has an effect on the prices of those high-end items, but also makes the higher levels of this game open for more players.
I wish all the currently non-sib weapons got upgrade missions, which also encourage ppl to hunt/craft/mine to get the necessary ingredients.

Reactions: Mac
...A couple years before if you wanted to hunt with good eco you had only one option: buy high-end gear (...shadow etc.)

I agree with most of what you wrote, however Shadow was never an eco tool ;-)

A tad late for worrying, nothing hit the economy here like the introduction of L gear and the sudden adjustment of UL gear to become quite useless for low-to-mid level skills. ALL my weaponry went from fun but slightly uneco to five times the cost in one go.

another problem is that you now HAVE to buy the high eco gear for 5k-10k and up as its open to so many players that it affects the average eco of each player thus effecting the effective return of all. more cheap eco for all means lower returns for everyone. also you pay the MU to MA and not to other players so the value goes out of the game. not a good point imo.

I'm on the fence about upgrade missions tbh, i do see that they allow opportunities for mid range players to have unlimited equipment (which has been a big complaint in past) which of course is a good thing.

On the flipside however it has affected value of equipment people had, and will affect more as time goes on and more upgrades are introduced. Which in turn affects confidence in general economy i think and investments/upgrades.

Overall though I think they are a positive thing to have been introduced.

Back