Question: Can you please stop screwing around with things that are NOT broken?

Screwing with stuff that isn't broken...

• ... pisses me off. Fix things that are broken!

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • ... is OK. Ppl have no idea what to do next, we get it.

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Fifth

Elite
The "Fifth" Entity
Sound
  • New sound effects have been implemented when dealing or receiving a critical hit.
The new sound is worse than the old one.

To make it even worse, it's not related to anything realistic inside the game world. Scoring a critical hit with your weapon can be associated real world sounds like ricochet or bullet hitting viscous matter.
But no, we got something totally unrelated to anything ingame leaving an impression our HUD somehow produces those alien sounds. Lame preschool shit that has "WoW" written all over it...

I have 2 practical recommendations:
  1. Fire that incompetent dumbfuck who came up with this nonsense, and
  2. STOP SCREWING AROUND WITH STUFF THAT ISN'T BROKEN!
Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
hmm this thread makes me want to turn sound on (for the first time in years) when hunting tonight :)

it is absolutely ridiculous.

pew pew pew

The new sound is worse than the old one.

To make it even worse, it's not related to anything realistic inside the game world. Scoring a critical hit with your weapon can be associated real world sounds like ricochet or bullet hitting viscous matter.
But no, we got something totally unrelated to anything ingame leaving an impression our HUD somehow produces those alien sounds. Lame preschool shit that has "WoW" written all over it...

I have 2 practical recommendations:
  1. Fire that incompetent dumbfuck who came up with this nonsense, and
  2. STOP SCREWING AROUND WITH STUFF THAT ISN'T BROKEN!
Many thanks in advance.

Hud updates are essential to keeping players and bringing in new ones. Visuals are key these days in rpgs. If the Huds were left alone, this game would not grow. It's the superficial ways of game players these days.

I would actually prefer the Visuals to be open for theme makers instead of mindark doing the changes. That way you can personalize your gaming experience. That way if I wanted every crit to be Kitty Kitty Fire making an orgasm sound, I could do that.

Reactions: Mac
Hud updates are essential to keeping players and bringing in new ones. Visuals are key these days in rpgs. If the Huds were left alone, this game would not grow. It's the superficial ways of game players these days.

I would actually prefer the Visuals to be open for theme makers instead of mindark doing the changes. That way you can personalize your gaming experience. That way if I wanted every crit to be Kitty Kitty Fire making an orgasm sound, I could do that.
Well I think you are missing the point here.
I'm not against HUD sounds, provided they are indeed related to the HUD. What we have here is a sound related to ingame actions but simply fails to fulfill it's function.

I also have a working theory why these things keep happening. The devs busy with ComPet got reassigned to EU and forgot this is not some anime style browser game. There's nobody left to do any QA and no general concept how to develop the game.. so inevitably shit like that simply bound to happen. If you toss the coin it lands on heads sometimes, and sometimes doesn't...
It once was a sci-fi themed game, remember?

Things that break immersion and make the game less realistic are bad for the game, any way you look at it. :yup:

Well I think you are missing the point here.
I'm not against HUD sounds, provided they are indeed related to the HUD. What we have here is a sound related to ingame actions but simply fails to fulfill it's function.

I also have a working theory why these things keep happening. The devs busy with ComPet got reassigned to EU and forgot this is not some anime style browser game. There's nobody left to do any QA and no general concept how to develop the game.. so inevitably shit like that simply keeps happening. It once was a sci-fi themed game, remember?

Things that break immersion and make the game less realistic are bad for the game, any way you look at it. :yup:

I didn't miss any points. I gave the solution that it should be. You make the assumption that developers were reassigned, but this is not true.

Not only Crit sound fucked up ..

You guys FUCKED UP MY DOA FOERIPPER SOUND TO !!

sounds like a freaking 1$ gun now :argue:....

FFS bring the old sound BACK !!!!!!!!

Yeah this new sounds are really shity.

ML35 sound was changed too ...

Why they work to turn the game more and more shity with things like that when they will work on registered bugs to turn the game better?

Seriously MA ...

Maybe it was only me who couldn't fix the broken icons till now, but this upgrade helped finally. I don't play with sound because it pissed me off since the beginning, so I understand your concerns, but I think this update brought a lot of actually valuable features, so I can't say MA was doing nothing only fucking things up which worked.

on a serious note, does anyone prefer game sound than any type of music or talking to some friends ts/skype ?
What about fix pvp by simply rework select target feature some of us hit 1/5 , others 10/10

Whoever is choosing the sounds is not making good choices. :mad:

And for most the sound was good. The only reason I can see changing is faster weapons so the sound will fit in the reload time even with buffs.

My BGH doesn't sound anything like a laser weapon...

That way you can personalize your gaming experience. That way if I wanted every crit to be Kitty Kitty Fire making an orgasm sound, I could do that.

I'd be more than happy to send you audio ;)

Maybe you can get MA to bring back the juke boxes and put it on there.

​That won't do Mac, he wants it with him all the time :p

It's about as annoying as redundant polls with stupid answer choices :dunce:

I understand your concerns, but I think this update brought a lot of actually valuable features, so I can't say MA was doing nothing only fucking things up which worked.
I can't say that either.

But you say you understand our concerns, so I guess you already got our point. :)

I logged in to se if they managed to fix things in this update, first it looked ok with the icons in my inventory so i sorted all out again as i like to have them. Then i looked on a item info window in first person and get this foggy issue around me, if i scroll out it is ok. Then i change to window mode cause i like my ET to work to,and now is all icons f..ked up again grr :(
I didnt ewen shoot one shot so i cant coment on the sound issue here..
So my advice to MA team is to get back to work and fix it ...
I get back and have a new look after next update i gess:/

fuckn-el

the only sound i liked and now it gone for fuxxaches

Back