FYI: I dont complain often but WTF Mindark (Camo Sound)

Dmatrix

Stalker
Society
Crimson Devils
Perfect Dmatrix Bimbo
RIP Camo Seriest Rifles, that sounded well basically...awsome.

What in the total FUCK is the point of spending limited resources that go towards this game at the moment. As most of the resorces go towards Compet. On changing a sound of a level 80 BLP Rifle.

Not ONLY was this one of the better sounding rifles in the game until today, but now i have to play on fucking MUTE because i cant stand the new sound.

I dont complain on here very often but what the fuck. Who really decided the old sound first of all needed changing and changing to this JOKE of a sound.

SIGH.... :scratch2::scratch2:

it does strike me as odd that with all the bugs and promised things ( space cough space ) that they have spent time even thinking about this.
I mean what did they do like pull a name out of a hat.

Whats gonna happen next , they waste time and money changing (pulls idea out of hat), the noise a gibnib makes.

Baffling .

Don't have a Camo at hand. Could anybody post a video of the new sound? :)

it does strike me as odd that with all the bugs and promised things ( space cough space ) that they have spent time even thinking about this.

Whats gonna happen next , they waste time and money changing (pulls idea out of hat), the noise a gibnib makes.

Baffling .

Nah surely another dance move, the last one was Gangnam style. :rolleyes:

Doa Foeripper sound really fucked up to !!

You change the sound, and even when changed sound it's still not in Sync when shooting (pills and rings), so why the fucking change ??

Spirit mkII TEN also sound now like a bag of hot air released in a almost silent fart

The sound is way too weak and dosn't reflect the power of this guns. This is not even funny , i can't stand the sound of my gun anymore that i paid over 3k usd for.

This sounds need a rework and while you at it match the gun sounds with the faster reload buffs! THAT would be a welcomed and useful sound fix. Not that uninspired, pfft pfft pfft that my gun produce right now !

i agree they sound pretty fukin lame as if they came from some cheap bargain weapon sound pack from an 80s game.

how about instead of changing things on us that have 0 effect on the economy build the damned promised voting system MA said was "coming soon" 4 years ago, and then present us with the change to be voted on.

somehow I posted twice here .. see below for my intended post

Last edited:
Possibly the sound changes were made in an attempt to fix reported bugs of some nature ?

RIP Camo Seriest Rifles, that sounded well basically...awsome.

What in the total FUCK is the point of spending limited resources that go towards this game at the moment. As most of the resorces go towards Compet. On changing a sound of a level 80 BLP Rifle.

Not ONLY was this one of the better sounding rifles in the game until today, but now i have to play on fucking MUTE because i cant stand the new sound.

I dont complain on here very often but what the fuck. Who really decided the old sound first of all needed changing and changing to this JOKE of a sound.

SIGH.... :scratch2::scratch2:

I wouldn't be so sure it is changed intentionally. Looking at the recent icon screw-up they did, the sound may very well just be mixed up with another weapon. Mindark doesn't have any real version tacking, change management, release management or QA. And then, shit like this happens.

Baffling .

It could be that they just changing some random stuff which doesnt affect gameplay so that they can say that they are doing some work.

Change a sound here, a colour there, and hey, we got new updates! It should take alot less time to replace a sound file or change the colour of a texture then actually creating new designs, coding new systems, etc.

I wouldn't be so sure it is changed intentionally. Looking at the recent icon screw-up they did, the sound may very well just be mixed up with another weapon. Mindark doesn't have any real version tacking, change management, release management or QA. And then, shit like this happens.

I'm sure it would be entertaining to observe what is actually going on there, but I'm not sure anyone really wants to know how they make the sausage :laugh:

I can live with these changes.

Now I can keep my sound on while I'm chilling at a TP without having to listen to some idiot auto-firing his gun just to annoy everyone :cool:

MA should be EMBARRASSED

Where have all the good programmers gone? Oh and QA=Quality Assurance in case you might want to tell them what they need.

This EU and Calypso VU is the work of one man and one man only. Swen Tomasson, the new MA intern. While he learns about the company he was bestowed the honour of doing this VU.

Swen: "What should I do for 3 months guys?"

Entire MA office: "We are busy with Compet, don't ask stupid questions, fix something easy!"

Swen pondered his options...he had a level 2 certificate in sound programming and had read the first chapter in Cryengine programming. Ok he thought. I can copy that re-skinning program for a mob, easy. I can then copy and paste a few more iron missions, renamed for different mobs. Hmmm, I need to look busy, I know, I will change that awful gunfire sound! For the next 3 months, Swen earnestly programmed the fuck out the ingame sounds. The speakers at his desk, buzzed and twizzed with new embellishments for the game.

After 3 months, he sneakily added his work to the VU launch queue....

I did like Taco's gun today on TS. As he was chatting all you could hear in the background was the gun that sounded like a fart in a bag. Is this the gun you are referring to? Also the new summons sound sounds kind of like someone tapping on the microphone.

Other than the sounds, we do have some interesting new items in game.

Next update: Your gun does this.... (fast forward to about 1m 15s)

:D :D :D

Welcome to Entropia.

Past 2 years they changed sound 2 times on Imk2.

The gun sounds horrible now, and dont even make sound every shoot, i have had muted sound for 1 year except when im streaming, but i stream alot less nowdays.

my RJ sounds like an electronic typewriter from 1990 - very disappointing and Camo isn't much better.

My impff8k sounds like blp now.

GJ MA..

They are great, in making users angry! Noob devs at MA!

I worked it out years ago. Entropia is a constantly evolving 3d digital art project. You pay to be allowed to interact within the artists world.

Gaming will always be secondary to raise funds to continue the art project, it doesn't matter if things work or change or never get finished. The artist must continue to brush freely wherever they please, your feelings are not their concern.

Embrace the artist.

It's always been like that.

Smiles

Rick

This EU and Calypso VU is the work of one man and one man only. Swen Tomasson, the new MA intern. While he learns about the company he was bestowed the honour of doing this VU.

Swen: "What should I do for 3 months guys?"

Entire MA office: "We are busy with Compet, don't ask stupid questions, fix something easy!"

Swen pondered his options...he had a level 2 certificate in sound programming and had read the first chapter in Cryengine programming. Ok he thought. I can copy that re-skinning program for a mob, easy. I can then copy and paste a few more iron missions, renamed for different mobs. Hmmm, I need to look busy, I know, I will change that awful gunfire sound! For the next 3 months, Swen earnestly programmed the fuck out the ingame sounds. The speakers at his desk, buzzed and twizzed with new embellishments for the game.

After 3 months, he sneakily added his work to the VU launch queue....
Yep, true story.
Also, like Rick pointed out, they always tell their interns: "You are a great artist!"

:laugh:

Sounds...
So many weapons with a fast reload have jacked up sounds.

My Adj. AV1 only makes sound every other shot. And the same for my Akas fire dagger.

It's a shame MA refuses to address the issue.

... my wife returning after a break (>6month) ... i gave her an adj. Mad IV
First hunt:

w: This gun suxx it's fu... slow.
me: check if you have maxed it
w: yes .. 10/10
me: than it's not slow
w: listen ... "turns up volume" pew....pew...pew.... this is fu... slow.
me: no they fu...ed up the sound some month ago - it's still fast but you cant hear it.
w: that suxx - turns of sound.

cheers

I worked it out years ago. Entropia is a constantly evolving 3d digital art project. You pay to be allowed to interact within the artists world.

Gaming will always be secondary to raise funds to continue the art project, it doesn't matter if things work or change or never get finished. The artist must continue to brush freely wherever they please, your feelings are not their concern.

Embrace the artist.

It's always been like that.

Smiles

Rick

This is why I said long ago they made a mistake renaming the game and should go back to "Project Entropia" and just keep it in purpetual beta. It would lower peoples expectations. People will be like, "oh damn look at how MA noobed this up!", then others will say, "what do you expect, its beta!" Problem solved. :laugh:

Arkadia changed my sir-50 sound for a shit sound too a few patch ago i will never go or buy stuff from this planet again but now caly wtf :mad:

The sounds are a work in progress that were accidentally added too early. They will be reverted in the next patch.

Back