Boar armor Color Change & Appreciation Thread

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
I noticed that MindArk changed the color of boar armor from a bright, highlighter yellow to a nice, deep, goldenish yellow instead. I wanted to compliment the developers for this change as I feel the armor looks spectacular now! I wonder if the adjusted version will look different... I'd post pictures of my set now but I'm at work. However I'll update this thread later on with pics if no one else beats me to it.

Also, to all the fellow boar set owners out there, how awesome is this update for us?! I think our upgrade is far superior to the ones offered so far on vigi/nemesis/jag. I wonder if bear will get the same treatment, but I feel tiger is next up to the plate, or rascal/shogun/kobold.

JbWnWm0.png

XvCoH6v.png

pIAOOlw.png

Ei1YamJ.png

http://imgur.com/a/onN3n

Last edited:
I noticed that MindArk changed the color of boar armor from a bright, highlighter yellow to a nice, deep, goldenish yellow instead. I wanted to compliment the developers for this change as I feel the armor looks spectacular now! I wonder if the adjusted version will look different... I'd post pictures of my set now but I'm at work. However I'll update this thread later on with pics if no one else beats me to it.

Also, to all the fellow boar set owners out there, how awesome is this update for us?! I think our upgrade is far superior to the ones offered so far on vigi/nemesis/jag. I wonder if bear will get the same treatment, but I feel tiger is next up to the plate, or rascal/shogun/kobold.

yeah definitely pretty awesome, its probably due to the fact that we can improve it soon as well

Yep, at least as a jag owner I felt cheated when I saw the stats :yup:

Fun fact, I almost bought a jag for +4.5K but the depreciated Boar price at the time made me think twice. Glad I did :)

Yep, at least as a jag owner I felt cheated when I saw the stats :yup:
Nah, don't be, Jag is much better balanced between cut/imp/stab.

Althou yeah, Boar has now become more or less equal to the Jaguar. Messing with the armors ladder like this is a clear sign of professional incompetence!

Materials needed for Adjusted Boar is:

1x Boar part
1x Renegade(L) part
20x generic nano
5x hardening nano A02
150x Hardened foil

MA probably realised, due to lack of upgrades, that they balanced the cost/benefits of jag wrong especially if you have a nicely tiered set. So they've increase the benefits of upgrading boar and upset a few jag owners.

Materials needed for Adjusted Boar is:

1x Boar part
1x Renegade(L) part
20x generic nano
5x hardening nano A02
150x Hardened foil

not familiar with these mats, whats the total upgrade cost looking like

renegade = 9.37tt (average)
generic nano = 100tt (5tt each)
hardening nano = 5tt (1tt each)
hardened foil = 4.95tt

total per piece is less than 120ped tt.

renegade = 9.37tt (average)
generic nano = 100tt (5tt each)
hardening nano = 5tt (1tt each)
hardened foil = 4.95tt

total per piece is less than 120ped tt.

Hey will check MU for the Nanos and then craft some renegade, seems that sellable now :)

Glad I never sold my boar.

Hey will check MU for the Nanos and then craft some renegade, seems that sellable now :)

Glad I never sold my boar.

I'm glad I re-bought one too! If you figure out the MU on each of these items, can you post here what the total cost per piece would be to upgrade with MU included? That would be much appreciated!

They dø this with armors and also they overfloods market with rings. Making someone who bought a ares ring 1 month ago have a loss of 1k peds in just one month. Simply not fair

Nah, don't be, Jag is much better balanced between cut/imp/stab.

Althou yeah, Boar has now become more or less equal to the Jaguar. Messing with the armors ladder like this is a clear sign of professional incompetence!

They dø this with armors and also they overfloods market with rings. Making someone who bought a ares ring 1 month ago have a loss of 1k peds in just one month. Simply not fair

As a current melee amp VIII and a former ranked scorpion owner, I know the pain of rapid depreciation. However, there are winners and there are losers. This time I'm on the winning side, most times I'm on the other side :p

As a current melee amp VIII and a former ranked scorpion owner, I know the pain of rapid depreciation. However, there are winners and there are losers. This time I'm on the winning side, most times I'm on the other side :p

I dont agree, i dont think that under any circumstances a loss of up to multiple hundreds $ in so short periods is fair, and i do not feel that Mindark takes the responsibillity keeping the economy healthy when they do all this rollercoasting with many items value, it leads to a loss of trust in the game economy, and it will refrain people from investing much money in to the game. Its their job to ensure trust is high to economy and to make alterations to the game that is as smooth and painless for all participants as possible. Especially old loyal customers who get their credit cards burned by these stunts.

and i havent lost anything due to these tricks yet. But i understand why people are doing firesales right now to get rid of their stuff when value on it can drop quickly from one update notes to another.

This is my opinion

I dont agree, i dont think that under any circumstances a loss of up to multiple hundreds $ in so short periods is fair, and i do not feel that Mindark takes the responsibillity keeping the economy healthy when they do all this rollercoasting with many items value, it leads to a loss of trust in the game economy, and it will refrain people from investing much money in to the game. Its their job to ensure trust is high to economy and to make alterations to the game that is as smooth and painless for all participants as possible. Especially old loyal customers who get their credit cards burned by these stunts.

and i havent lost anything due to these tricks yet. But i understand why people are doing firesales right now to get rid of their stuff when value on it can drop quickly from one update notes to another.

This is my opinion

Anyone who bought an Imp Ares when they have all the tools available to them to see that the drop rate was not slowing down, perhaps even increasing, is crazy.

It's a skill in Entropia to analyse the market, predict the next releases from MA and follow the flow of the game. If you're static, you'll likely get burned in all but the rarest cases. Which is a good thing - MA needs to change the market & game otherwise you'll have an even wider-spread "IMK2 Effect" as we already have - an item which stopped looting in 2003 still rules the game.

Anyone who bought an Imp Ares when they have all the tools available to them to see that the drop rate was not slowing down, perhaps even increasing, is crazy.

It's a skill in Entropia to analyse the market, predict the next releases from MA and follow the flow of the game. If you're static, you'll likely get burned in all but the rarest cases. Which is a good thing - MA needs to change the market & game otherwise you'll have an even wider-spread "IMK2 Effect" as we already have - an item which stopped looting in 2003 still rules the game.

+1

In the end, MA is in full control of the market and provide you no guarantee of item value. Change and adapt or fall behind. It hurts to lose but it also teaches you a lesson (as it has taught me), and I am still enjoying the game today albeit from another approach.

I still see no reason why lowering prices of items should not be more smooth and respectful towards people's money in here. Yes I see also your point of view. But nonetheless it's a fact that no one wants to buy anything and are sitting and waiting for a more stable market. Since they don't want to loose ped almost instantly from buying anything.

I simply can't agree that dumping the market with cheap upgrades and rings like they do is a good tactic for anyone else than those who is buying. If they even dare buying anything.

is it 500 ped/piece to upgrade the boar? or for the set?

judging by mu on the mats, it is more like 500 per piece.... its not cheap - much to my dismay

judging by mu on the mats, it is more like 500 per piece.... its not cheap - much to my dismay

A02's are hyper rare :(

Also the adjusted boar is different colour sort of an off white rather than the goldeny colour of regular boar.

Someone told me A02's drop from warrior elite, tried to hunt them but got wiped out before I could even look at them.

I calculated 3500 ped to upgrade the whole set a couple days after the update. :( I opted to wait until material mus drop again in a few months.

Back