FYI: New MindArk Official Community Liason

Hi all, and thanks for the welcoming words!

My duties in this role will include forwarding community feedback and concerns to the development team, keeping the community informed and generally acting as a channel of communication.

I hope we will all get along well and have many constructive conversations in the future.

Gratz, hope you will have much fun!
Will you be working out of the MA office? Will you organize events for participants at the office? :)

I'd like to show you this thread if you haven't seen it
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...07-List-of-Mobs-Auto-Aim-Hitbox-is-Broken-For

The outer planet partners have their own channels of connecting with players, some specifically appointed community managers. Haven't found much reason to complain in that regard.

Now this leads me to the first question, will you be responsible for communicating with MindArk only, or also with the Planet Calypso team? On this side of the fence it is also not quite clear to which extent a separation actually exists and whether it's a good or a bad thing. Too many people with an opinion are muddying the waters further, some folk from the outer worlds even allege that MindArk and Calypso are in cahoots to their disadvantage. Jaded OldTimers Anonymous would appreciate if some light could be shed on this. Thanks :)

And you wonder why people might think this when the MindArk Official Community Liason is mainly dealing Calypso-related issues.

I will be active only on this forum and my focus will mainly be on Calypso-related issues.

anyway gz on new postion its better than nothing i guess

Welcome and good luck :)

Being a community liason manager can become a really exhausting job, if the community press you with their demands and the company take their sweet time with replys and youre in the bind that you can not awnser any questions before you get official informations can become a really frustrating expirience. Here are a few "hints", best taken with a grain of salt.

- Its just your job, let them rumble its part of the buissnes
- Whatever you write will some day end up in a quote used against you ,)
- People do love polls
- be prepared to be used as marketing tool
- Whenever you logg in EU a crowd will besige you and ask always the same questions like "when will pvp be fixed"
- statistics , charts and demographics will be your new best friends
- today its pcf tomorrow facebook , twitter and reddit aswell.
- get you some good shoes and a new backpack , since its highly likely you will present for the company on expositions worldwide.
- learning mandarin and russian language never hurts

Learn all the secrets of your predecessor
Marcos Wisdom

best wishes

Last edited:
Grats on your new job NH, I think you're a good choice and I hope this works out well for you and for the community. It would be interesting to know more about what exactly you're expecting, or are expected, to do and to achieve here.

I'm not entirely sure that changing the forum account name is a good move. It allows for much potential confusion if forum users look back on old posts made as Nighthawk, which now appear to have been made by an official, although he was not an official at that time. Imagine, for example, a scenario where a third party quotes a post made by Nighthawk in, say, 2010, and asserts that "this is the official position". I think it would be far preferable if Ludwig had a fresh forum account.

My duties in this role will include forwarding community feedback and concerns to the development team, keeping the community informed and generally acting as a channel of communication.

I hope we will all get along well and have many constructive conversations in the future.

Better late than never
As some hinted for a while, having some comunication, its essencial

If you are as active as Official as you were normal participant on PCF, it was a move well played
Best of luck on your days to come!

+rep for MA to listen to sugestions, and hopefully new ones will keep being heard now easier

This may be positive. Let's see if he is able to get answers to our questions?

This is great.

It will be interrested to see if you're getting fed some info you can pass on to us regulary, so it won't end up being a silent position in Mindark as other officials have "turned" in to, and im not saying it was that person alone's fault

:yay:

big welcome :D. This is a much needed addition, it is really nice MA choose someone who already has a proven record of activity on the forum as well to aid the communications.

Good luck in the role!

I did wonder what had happened to you NightHawk, good luck in your new role! :)

Welcome NH/Ludvig.

On a side note I seem to have lost the "Devs Posts" section. Does this make it oficial that Calypso is no longer being developed? :rolleyes:

Welcome NH/Ludvig.

On a side note I seem to have lost the "Devs Posts" section. Does this make it oficial that Calypso is no longer being developed? :rolleyes:

All calypso devs are now MindArk so they are merged, no need for both.

Also, as a sidenote, all ****|Calypso offical representatives have had their usernames changed to ****|MindArk, since Calypso is officially part of MindArk once again.

The outer planet partners have their own channels of connecting with players, some specifically appointed community managers. Haven't found much reason to complain in that regard.

Now this leads me to the first question, will you be responsible for communicating with MindArk only, or also with the Planet Calypso team? On this side of the fence it is also not quite clear to which extent a separation actually exists and whether it's a good or a bad thing. Too many people with an opinion are muddying the waters further, some folk from the outer worlds even allege that MindArk and Calypso are in cahoots to their disadvantage. Jaded OldTimers Anonymous would appreciate if some light could be shed on this. Thanks :)

They are in 'cahoots' as they are the same business. Officially now. MindArk is the Calypso team, they are one in the same so technically he will be in communication with both, but mostly about Calypso issues.

Also, as a sidenote, all ****|Calypso offical representatives have had their usernames changed to ****|MindArk, since Calypso is officially part of MindArk once again.

It might be because in latest financials they'd stopped considering MA, Calypso and the PCF as separate entities so now there's only one. Kaj now also has Mindark rather than Calypso association.

Congratulation Ludvig!

I think every one of us at some point hoped and craved for good communication with MA.
Just don't become another corporate drone and don't forget about us... players.

[...]

I'm not entirely sure that changing the forum account name is a good move. It allows for much potential confusion if forum users look back on old posts made as Nighthawk, which now appear to have been made by an official, although he was not an official at that time. Imagine, for example, a scenario where a third party quotes a post made by Nighthawk in, say, 2010, and asserts that "this is the official position". I think it would be far preferable if Ludwig had a fresh forum account.

I agree with Oleg, this potentially might be misleading/confusing.

Now, do you already have a list of things that need addressing or would you like one ?

:laugh:

Actually I think this is fab! We have been crying out for several years for a voice to link the gap between the players and the machine. Players want answers, they want information, they at the very least just want to be acknowledged. If you can accomplish that, then bloody good on you!

They are in 'cahoots' as they are the same business. Officially now. MindArk is the Calypso team, they are one in the same so technically he will be in communication with both, but mostly about Calypso issues.
It might be because in latest financials they'd stopped considering MA, Calypso and the PCF as separate entities so now there's only one. Kaj now also has Mindark rather than Calypso association.
I realise I failed to study the report properly, it is laid out there actually quite at the beginning. Yes, they melted the companies together again. It does raise some questions I wanted to ask but I need to re-think and it's getting late. As a disclaimer, with the cahoots quote I meant that such chatter is out there, not that it is my own. I believe it should be addressed somehow.

You've got a lot of work ahead of you, good luck :)

Welcome and good luck :D

Don't know much about you or MindArk but this is a much needed piece of the chain of communications :yup:

Cheers

Why was he hired when he has posted only 1 time in the last 6 months previous to this thread?

Shouldn't we deserve a more active liason?

We don't need someone that talks to us as little as MA already does IMO.

Why was he hired when he has posted only 1 time in the last 6 months previous to this thread?

Shouldn't we deserve a more active liason?

We don't need someone that talks to us as little as MA already does IMO.

Maybe it's like gardening leave . So no one hates you recently :laugh:

Welcome, good luck and thank you for doing this! :)

Congratulations Nighthawk/Ludvig, i was wondering where you had got to :).

Good choice i think for community rep.

The first port of call. We shall get him to find out why none of the bugs have been fixed that the other rep was trying to sort out. I will create a new thread to find out.

GZ Foe! I hope you can help us players help MindArk!

:beerchug:

Well done and good luck! Something that needed for long time now.

nice to see MA opened a new position.
However, Ludwig/Nighthawk, i must ask, how come a forum whore (+15k posts) barely did post anything since two years ?

grats NH on your new position.

but I really wonder how will this help any of us. It has been done before in the past, people gave up and joined the dark side, once they realize MA is just using them as a buffer.
I mean, if there was interest from MA side, to address issues that are being discussed on forum for quite some time, theyve couldev already done it, you dont need a comunity manager to point them out to you.

until really something changes, thanks to the community manager, this looks like some kind of hold tactic.
"here look you get a community manager. we care for you" and then another 6 months passes without any changes and no more answers. looks like buying time to me.but maybe i will be positively surprised by the outcome of this. who knows.

Back