What is with the troll skill?

Venture Bros

Elite
Banned
Society
Death Lords
Thaddeus Rusty Venture
Please give us some official news on this, it is extremely unprofessional and will turn off your new players...

Please give us some official news on this, it is extremely unprofessional and will turn off your new players...

No player will ever, in 1,000 years, quit this game because of a meme icon accidently left in on a patch.

With all of the problems that need addressing, this doesn't make the top 1000.

No player will ever, in 1,000 years, quit this game because of a meme icon accidently left in on a patch.

+1, if that one icon drives them away, then we don't want them here anyways in my opinion

It won't be the only factor to turn them away, I just said they won't think too highly of the game when seeing it and asking about it and getting the response "eh no one knows the game is trolling us"

I think its a placeholder for a new event organiser skill

I think if new players are robust enough to survive being attacked in newbie areas by a big grey vampire wearing only a red cape and a bowtie on his dangly, then they wont be quitting the game over some (joke?) on the social skill category window.

Correct. Most people aren't pricks who are incapable of having a sense of humor.

Don't be shortsighted. It definitely doesn't reflect well on the game in the eyes of a new player. We are not talking about old timers. Put the troll skill, infinite number of bugs and overtly sexual banner advertisements together. It starts to sound like a bad joke. Especially for an RCE.

P.s did anyone else notice half the land areas on amethera were renamed Eldorado? Placeholders also I guess.

P.s did anyone else notice half the land areas on amethera were renamed Eldorado? Placeholders also I guess.

I noticed that, I went to a LA i'd never been to, so I thought Eldorado was its name, but after going to another and it was Eldorado again, I checked map and all the named LA were named Eldorado (most Eldorados I've ever used in a sentence)

This thread seems to be focusing on noobs a quitting over this. That isn't the topic at hand. They will not think good of it nor do current players is the point. It gives a poor impression.

I noticed that, I went to a LA i'd never been to, so I thought Eldorado was its name, but after going to another and it was Eldorado again, I checked map and all the named LA were named Eldorado (most Eldorados I've ever used in a sentence)

:wise: (Too short)

2016-06-14

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Known Issues
  • Outback Land Areas on Amethera are displaying incorrect names in the map interface. This issue will be fixed in the upcoming patch scheduled for early next week.

I largely agree with Venture on this. To me, it is more of an issue of how it doesn't match the other icons in style and that it looks stupid. IMHO ;-)

I largely agree with Venture on this. To me, it is more of an issue of how it doesn't match the other icons in style and that it looks stupid. IMHO ;-)

overly and unnecessarily stupid.

Thought important to state that it looks more than stupid, just liked the game had been hacked, like seriously. :scratch2:

It is a placeholder for a citizen plot system feature that accidentally slipped in. It will be fixed in the next patch.

It is a placeholder for a citizen plot system feature that accidentally slipped in. It will be fixed in the next patch.

Two days as an employee and you've already done provided more communication than we've received in the previous year.

Cheers, mate.

The plot thickens??? ;)

The whole thing was quite dense to start with. :silly2:

Although the idea of skills related to landowning seems intriguing, Perhaps I should subscribe to their newsletter.

Most noobs won't even notice the Troll skill unless it's pointed out to them and those that do would just chuckle about it and move on.

Those of us that are practiced at Code Versioning do have to wonder how this got thru the testing.. :scratch2:

Most noobs won't even notice the Troll skill unless it's pointed out to them and those that do would just chuckle about it and move on.

Those of us that are practiced at Code Versioning do have to wonder how this got thru the testing.. :scratch2:

I always joke that the best QA instance is PROD. Bugs seem to be found instantly in PROD :)

Because they don't care about the work they're doing. Second rate team with a second rate attention span.

I don't buy that. If it was just a staff issue then it would have been resolved. This talks more to the culture and methodologies used within their release processes (or lack there of).

I can't blame a developer who has never been trained in proper revisioning of code when they make a mistake because.. they were never trained (unless they claimed to have known before but that is another story). A software company should have a solid QA and Release Management methodology in place to make sure their product is solid when it gets to prod. If not, that is on the company, not the developers.

A small mistake like this is not a big deal really. It has no effect on the interface that I have seen and we all have had something like this slip in that was not suppose to be there. But I would really like to hear from MA that they at least worked out how it happened and rectified the process/training issue.

It would give me a nice warm feeling inside.. :thumbup:

who cares about some stupid icon as long as the social skills don't mean anything and are not counted towards total skills, hopefully soon they will and that social buffs category becomes active
and i hope it will be buffs if you have fulfilled your citizens duty (e.g. voted for changes) not buffs if you have bought a lot of clds...
p.s. what about those 2 skills that nobody can get any points in, Spacecraft Engineering and Particle Beamer Technology - please remove them?

Two days as an employee and you've already done provided more communication than we've received in the previous year.

Cheers, mate.

Don't worry the bosses will soon put a stop to that ;)

Because they don't care about the work they're doing. Second rate team with a second rate attention span.

Sell your shit and leave already.

To the person mr. Bitter pickle was quoting, I don't think they are hiring senior level programmers and outsourced engagements tend to yield developers that are not very disciplined... so chances are this is a manifestation of that.. or very isolated unit tests and no regression level testing was done (because regression testing is very costly).

Back