A list of items to advise on.

Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Dear Ludvig|MindArk.

Welcome to your new role as the MindArk representative. The Entropia Universe community is very passionate about this game, however we want to see it grow and succeed for another 13 years! We are not 6 monthly rotating players, many of us have many years under our belts and have invested large sums of money into this game. Thus as virtual investors and essentially clients of MindArk here is a list of items that need addressing or answers as to why they have not been fixed. It is better to advise the technical reasons why something cant happen rather than not answer at all.

1. Space - there are at least 2 MMOs with space and spacecraft that leaves the EU space looking very dated. When will we finally see a large update of space dynamics, space content, space mining, space realestate.

2. New spacecraft. Many would like to see a new range of spacecraft. Please be mindful that players have invested a lot of money in Motherships and Privateers, so any new additions will need to be balanced not to effect the value of current ships.
2.1 Space Pilot skills. Really the type of craft you can pilot should be dependent on your skill level. A 7 day old noob should not be able to pilot a Mothership.

3. The economy.
3.1 This is a huge problem. Unscrupulous dropping of high end UL items destroyed the value of many older items. Players have lost huge amounts of money in devaluations. When a high end item drops, not many should follow.
3.2 The introduction of high end limited armour and weapons in the loot has done two things.
a. Devalued high end UL armour. Why buy a set of Sentinel UL for 100KPED when you can buy a limited version for TT value at auction? Not a good move.
b. Devalued high end weapons. When you can farm high end limited weapons with values of 1Ped each, the value of high end UL weapons fall. Again player losing money

For a and b, please cease the dropping of all this high end limited stuff.

c. If you can loot limited weapons and armour, the effect on crafters has been huge. Which brings me to economy point 3.3.

3.3 Crafting. Any real cash economy requires industry with profit. Crafting is the industry. The big crafters used to craft everything selling stuff at mark up and making profits. The hunters and miners were able to sell in demand ingredients to the crafters at markup and it would provide profit to their profession.Everyone was happy.
Then came the explosive projectiles. A HUGE mistake, the lure of the big HOF and TT ingredients drew players to the slot machine. Most crafting HOFs are due to Explosive projectiles. This has brought crafting to its knees. Miners and hunters cant sell their loot and end up TTing it. Suggest MindArk removes Nanocubes from the TT machine and puts them in the hunting/mining loot pool. Make the ingredients list for explosive projectiles include other lootable items.

3.4 Profit. If in the real world companies were not able to profit, there would be no economy. I highly suggest improving the success rate on crafting.

4. Bugs. There is a thread where a Calypso or MindArk dev tried to make a list of ingame bugs. This list grew and grew. Many are not fixed. The playerbase would be very happy to see a VU totally dedicated to fixing bugs.No new content, just fix the texture errors (Polished Chrome), the sound bugs, the spawn area of vehicle bugs, hitbox bugs, animation bugs etc etc

5.0 Stables/Taming - We finally got pets back after 6 years and token stables which have very little function. Again a year ago, players invested large somes of money into these stables, which are still not functioning.
Please, when will stables be given the function and new building?
5.1 Taming, a promising start. Some crafting of whips, interesting variety of pets.
5.2 Number of pets that can be spawned is only one currently. It used to be a few. Why not allow players to spawn numbers of pets based on their skill level. Level 1-10 tamer can spawn 1 pet, level 11-20 2 pets etc etc
5.3 Pet accessories, saddles etc to be crafted
5.4 Riding pets?

6.0 Citizen land plots - The Calypso land deeds allowed players to buy plots.
6.1 Where are the buildings and infrastructure for the land plots?
6.2 Wood chopping. Why were so many UL wood-chopping tool BPs dropped? It killed the wood-chopping limited tool crafting.

7.0 Advertising. Again I never see Entropia Universe advertised anywhere. Marketing is a huge aspect of bringing new players in. Adverts on Facebook and little banner ad tracking cookies are fine, but not in the face of people who dont know about the game. Do things like, campaigns targeting gaming stores, big posters in store windows will be seen. When in the mall, I always stop when I see a big display for a new game.

8.0 Communication. We as players appear very bitchy in the forum. But we are essentially just passionate. If you say to us, guys the red X you are seeing is because the program, sub-access program looped with the weapon program of the merps and we have to spend a few hours fixing it. Players go, ok cool. We carry on. Silence is not public relations. Communicate with us and you will see a very happy and responsive group of people, I can promise you that.

I am sure others will add to my list Lidvig, but please do your best to find out some of these very important issues.

Cheers
Bjorn
Playing 7 years.

I'm adding my BUG thread because it means a lot of peds lost every single day this bug is not resolved https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?281546-Cannot-drop-items-in-booth

That and the investment on plots is like making me feel really dumb about spending peds on stuff. Also I would prioritize # 8 COMMUNICATION because it is true - silence is torture. Throw me a bone and tell me you're "looking into it" so I know you care. Would be nice to see the shop/booth bugs listed as "known issues" so I know you got that in your TO DO list right there on the fridge and it is getting some attention.

I just want to see some plot content so bad. :eyecrazy: Fishing and farming as promised not just houses either.

Hi,
I think you have many good points there that I completely agree on..however when it comes to devaluing armor and weapons and such I do not agree that its a bad.

The problem many players had back when MK5 was 15k and adjusted FAP was 20k+ etc (just some examples) was that there was no affordable upgrades, and basically if you wanted to get to the "big game" you either had to hit a big loot, have bought your gear in the very early days at low cost, or invest lots of money... and of course if you don't up your DPS as you progress in levels then the progress will halt... No progress then you will get bored and quit.

I have invested in gear that is dropping in price, yet I am very happy to see the different upgrade routes that are now being introduced. Hope that there will be such options for all steps lvl 1 - 200

Reactions: San
Good post !

In game for >10 years ... I feel I'm giving up bit by bit lately, Withdrawn > 1 million ped and closing in to withdrawing another 100k now ... there simply is no fixing, no progress and more of the same kill another 10k mission, promisses not kept etc.

MA, please help me to get back on track with EU

Thanks,

Atami

I just want to see some plot content so bad. :eyecrazy: Fishing and farming as promised not just houses either.

THIS

but for everybody, not just plot (whatever that is) owners

Withdrawal times are untenable. If the RCE aspect is to be taken seriously, convertibility of PED has to be given so that exchanges in both directions are symmetric processes.

Hi,
I think you have many good points there that I completely agree on..however when it comes to devaluing armor and weapons and such I do not agree that its a bad.
I second that.

"2.1 Space Pilot skills. Really the type of craft you can pilot should be dependent on your skill level. A 7 day old noob should not be able to pilot a Mothership."
Agreed, just in addition to what you wrote, would be better to implement skill gain for everytime you drive or fly any vehicle. Time spending in pilot/driver seat should count to experience and not only when ship is getting damage.

Nice list, lets hope it doesnt take MA long to respond to Ludwig's enquiries with them so he can report back to us in a timely manner. Otherwise this position does seem a bit pointless if all we get is more silence.

inbox.jpg

Dont scare the poor guy off on his first day! :scared:

Ask not what EU can do for you, ask what you can do for EU
:wise:
Some of you obviously think money grows on trees. If MA doesn't work with EU, it may very well mean they are not getting paid for the job. Stop thinking you can just suck other players money without consequences.

Good post !

In game for >10 years ... I feel I'm giving up bit by bit lately, Withdrawn > 1 million ped and closing in to withdrawing another 100k now ... there simply is no fixing, no progress and more of the same kill another 10k mission, promisses not kept etc.

Thanks,

Atami

I"m right behind you, I have walked away but not given up. Stopped playing all together but nothing withdrawn. My card is empty and have no resources to do anything - means I must deposit to play and I finally can refuse while I know it's totally stupid as my money will go *poof* on something that is poorly maintained, not progressing much anymore, continual broken promises and pointless timelines.

Ludvig... maybe read some of the posts on entropia forum that president neverdie or some of your predacessors have not addressed yet?

...some of the posts on entropia forum...

• this forum still doesn't send the activation emails
  • the admin doesn't respond to site contact form (same as on PCF)
  • its activity is uber low
  • calypso = mindark (again)

it's probably best to just delete it :lolup:

They should remove Entropia Forum or have it redirect here and/or the entropiauniverse subreddit :D (I'm biased as I'm the moderator there)

Good post !

Ludvig, please help MA to get back on track with EU (fixed)

Thanks,

Atami

I could have written this post myself, just subtracting a zero from the withdral amounts, which is still a shitload of money.

Ask not what EU can do for you, ask what you can do for EU
:wise:
Some of you obviously think money grows on trees. If MA doesn't work with EU, it may very well mean they are not getting paid for the job. Stop thinking you can just suck other players money without consequences.

Or maybe they've been overpaying themselves, thinking how great it is to live high on the hog and not have to do anything for it. :scratch2:

Perhaps calypso = mindark again. However as many on this forum are happy to tell you right now, MA != Calypso.

Perhaps calypso = mindark again. However as many on this forum are happy to tell you right now, MA != Calypso.

All cake is a lie, but not all lies are cake.

Withdrawn > 1 million ped and closing in to withdrawing another 100k now ... there simply is no fixing, no progress and more of the same kill another 10k mission, promisses not kept etc.

No thought about the players who have deposited over the time what you have withdrawn ..? Who had deposited some thousand PEDs/month, and just seen the distance to the top levle players slowly getting more and more?

I'm thinking aobut the Days beween 2005 and 2010 or so, when practically no good items dropped, and (L) items were at like 160% and decayed like butter. The times when the price of a land area Went from say 15k ped up to 150k ped.

I Think it's thanks to the affordable (L) items that there still are "mid-level" players around. Those who doesn't belong to the "oldschool ubers" who live by the Money the got from items they looted in their early Days (including items like duped mod faps ans possibly higher HP due to "fishing" which they later used in high level hunting), and those who used their Dad's amex black to deposit whatever they wanted to buy their top level items and top-level skills (occasionally skills bought as "bulk trade" ie avatar trading/takeover).

I wonder what would be the biggest problem for MA: Old-time ubers who can't withdraw as they are used to, or mid-level players who stop depoing when they see what they deposit goes out in the other end to the players who had lived a good live since 2005; avatars who live by trading. And the occasional unknown avatar (not knowin in hunting) who suddently complain they can't get their 100k PED withdrawal through and some of us thinks "uh, wasn't there something fishy goin going on with that one" some year ago".

Recently, I visited a land area I thought belonged to an oldtime player (who really did hunt, and was Active in the WoF team). I Heard the land area was sold to Another player and then it had a new owner, and it seems to be one of those who suddently start to own land area after land area. (Not new to me; some year aho I remebmer when the reseller "man83" suddently owned half the land areas, and after that it was the then "calypso farm inc"). Though Akoz owned a lot of land areas, he was at the same time Active and known ingame (with a good reputation). (Only shady thing with Akoz was the Alt deal, but I guess he painted himself into a corner when he set up the alt after an auction deal and then had to keep on playing.)

Imagine a new player today who just Heard about land areas. And, when he realizes they cost around 150k ped -- and when he asks how they are sold and bought that they mostly are sold in private trades and very rarely shows up in auction or in some other public Place.

Just, please, remember all the mid-level players who have deposited say 100k peds over the years; but never really had the chance to get a land area as the PEDs just flew away to those who withdraw today. (Theoretically, I once was in one of the mayhem events where I could have won a land area at my level. However the top prize Went to an uber, using his top-level gear on the avatar of a Close relative who happened to be in the right level. And from then onward, the key to winning an event was a single gun, a gun that was given out from the video event prize; a weapon that with the tier system became unbeatable.)

Last edited:

i disagree, mindark was calypso from day one, before there wasn't even a universe.

but what i wanted to point out is that PCF should be EF, and EF should go to the internet nirvana where it came from. it just doesn't make much sense for one company to have 2 different forums, where the main one isn't used at all, and a planetary one is used for everything, even pokemon and the other things we aren't allowed to mention. :wise:

thinking about compet news on PCF instead of EF makes it even more obvious, that it's just wrong.

but what i wanted to point out is that PCF should be EF, and EF should go to the internet nirvana where it came from.

I Think it would had been better for the game if there was a single, well-working forum, instead of 5-6. Personally, i have registered on a few, but I don't have the IRL time enough to keep hanging on let's say Arkadia forum or cyrene forum.

The kind of worse that happened, was the Point when old entropiaforum became PCF. Originally, it was said that the "other planet discussions" would be an air hole to discuss other planets, but it has happened someone got bashed just for informing about a rocktropia event.

Also, with more or less maintained forums things can go bad; Next Island got their start page hijacked by someone who had infected it and the NI forum was for a while spam infested (Before an old admin woke up), Rocktropia for some time didn't have any forum at all.

Also, add to this the fact that MA no longer publicize the planet release notes. Though many of us frequently visit other planets, we sometimes miss important messages (like the cyrene armor mission nerf) or other major Changes on planet partner VUs because the release notes or the "developer wiki" is digged down somewhere (and possibly sometimes requires us to register on a forum we rarely visit).

So, one thing I've wanted for a long time, at least there should be a common Place for *both* the MA, platform, version update notes as well as the partner VU notes for *all* planets. It should be kind of the minimal thing to offer in one Place. (Links to VU notes are ok as long as the VU notes doesn't require registration on a forum or facebook.)

Some planet partners have their facebook page in the client loader. I have mixed feeling about this... at least check so that the web page displayed in client loader doesn't make the memory usage of client loader going to say 1.5 GB of memory or including things like facebook ads that possibly have live video in them.) It would be better if all planets had a basic blog-type of interface, such as the calypso one, and then a big fat button with "Visit out facebook page" and Another fat button "Visit our forum".

Last edited:
One place for me to get all of my PE info. Yes Please.

And fuck putting anything at all PE related on facecrack, that shit needs to get flushed pronto.

And fuck putting anything at all PE related on facecrack, that shit needs to get flushed pronto.

That's why I recommend people to use Entropia Universe subreddit for general discussions across all planets. There are flairs that you can assign when talking about planet specific things, and a vibrant, active subreddit can really bring in some new traffic to the game. Just my (albeit biased) 2 cents.

However, a consolidated forum would work too, such as entropiaplanets or something.

Youre a face crack. *throws a table*

I had the same opinion sometime ago. But we can't go against development of online gaming, social media and internet!
The future is through social media and mobile devices.
As such MA should already start thinking implement a "lite" client for all mobile devices and not only auctions or crafting.
I will be the most happy user the day I see a client for tablet :)

Status
Back