No permissions for the android app please

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
Most android games now want to modify my storage, view contacts and some even make phone calls.
If possible make the android app with minimum permissions. Thank you.

Lol its hilarious that people don't trust eu ye have hundreds or thousands of dollars deposited.

I don't find it a lol.

EU is not a phone app demanding access to all kinds of services on your PC.
Android ACL's can give all kinds of unwanted/unneccessary/insecure rights to an app.

The android app better have very restricted rights or I will not be installing it.

Also if google keeps any information about me I wont use it!

@bigdaddy
That link is not working for me so not sure.
If it wants access to contacts, mic, camera, etc then I will not consider it normal.

@narfi
If you browse the web then google has information about you, but I suppose you are being sarcastic.

Ant

@bigdaddy
That link is not working for me so not sure.
If it wants access to contacts, mic, camera, etc then I will not consider it normal.

@narfi
If you browse the web then google has information about you, but I suppose you are being sarcastic.

Ant

This app has access to:
In-app purchases

Identity

find accounts on the device

Contacts

find accounts on the device

Phone

read phone status and identity

Photos / Media / Files

modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
read the contents of your USB storage

Storage

modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
read the contents of your USB storage

Wi-Fi connection information

view Wi-Fi connections

Device ID & call information

read phone status and identity

Other

use accounts on the device
full network access
view network connections
Google Play licence check

Thanks for the info bigdaddy I will try to check further with that info.
Of course compet will need to identify the user from iphone/android apps and without gold cards.

I do not like apps that can search contacts.
But 'find accounts on the device' may not be the same as search - I have to check further.

Regards,
Ant

Just to clear some things up with what most think, it is the SDK placing those access notifications in there because the program references a library that could access those features. It necessarily does not go and access those features but it could because the library used can access that data. The app might be data mining your device but unless we know more about the code or monitor the activities behind the scenes to prove it, it might be just some methods the programmers used in a library and they might be non-intrusive at all. Who really knows besides the developers.

Now with that cleared up, why the programmers actually used those libraries in their development is pretty hidden. It would be nice if the notifications were refined a bit and not so broad in their interpretations. That is Android SDK issue not developer issue, but would be nice if the developers would give a list of why those notifications are listed and what they access. This way if they are grabbing personal data unlawfully they can be held accountable for doing so but I doubt the developers will release that info.

Side note the developers could reproduce some of the non-intrusive methods manually instead of using those all inclusive libraries and it could remove some of those notifications. But that could take some extra programming.

Back