ComPet: Development Update

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]ComPet: Development Update[/h]The ComPet Closed Beta period began on May 17, 2016 and has provided the ComPet development team with a wealth of valuable testing data and user feedback. This has resulted in significant improvements to the overall stability, balance and enjoyability of the ComPet experience. We are grateful to all the Closed Beta participants who have assisted our team in this effort.

ComPet is scheduled to transition to Extended Open Beta phase within a matter of weeks, with an eye toward further design and balance refinements, scalability testing and polishing in preparation for full release. This phase will:
  • Be open to the general public.
  • Enable players to retrieve their progress (i.e., the system will no longer be wiped).!
  • Allow transactions in the ComPet Shop. !

Finally, a quick note about ComPet development. The product development and marketing budgets for ComPet were fully financed via ComPet deeds. Nearly all of the coding of the ComPet infrastructure and client was outsourced, meaning that MindArk’s developers have continued to focus on improving Entropia Universe. In fact, the Entropia Universe and Calypso teams have grown since the ComPet project began.

For more information about ComPet, please visit: http://www.competgame.com

Originally Posted Here

yes baby :yay:
but you forgot 1

- Allow transactions in the ComPet Shop. !

and

The product development and marketing budgets for ComPet were fully financed via ComPet deeds.

must be followed by

- Allow compet deed holder to receive their tiny tiny payouts

Since there will be transactions in the Compet Shop, I would like to ask whether we will be able to keep the progress achieved in Extended Open Beta phase when the game is finally released.

this is so funny... so as the most of the coding was outsourced this means that the next VU must be huge as there has been nearly no other things been updated in EU. mustve been a lot of work towards a new veeery big VU then. maybe we soon get plot system and space revamp and a crafting overhaul! yay!

this is so funny... so as the most of the coding was outsourced this means that the next VU must be huge as there has been nearly no other things been updated in EU. mustve been a lot of work towards a new veeery big VU then. maybe we soon get plot system and space revamp and a crafting overhaul! yay!

Or new dance

[*]Allow transactions in the ComPet Shop. !
Originally Posted Here

Will the data be whiped uppon full release ?
Will withdrawels be possible during extended beta ?
Will withdrawels of peds won during extended beta be possible after full release ?
Does an compet extended beta account have to be linked to an existing entropia account to access compet shop and/or withdraw funds ?

+1 on the transparency of this post. Seriously.

Giving us info on how compets was financed/coded is a huge plus. All this time I was reading "blah blah MA too busy w/ compets" and other trash posts. Something huge must be in the works for EU for VU16.

Also we should keep up this transparency.

Finally, a quick note about ComPet development. The product development and marketing budgets for ComPet were fully financed via ComPet deeds. Nearly all of the coding of the ComPet infrastructure and client was outsourced, meaning that MindArk’s developers have continued to focus on improving Entropia Universe. In fact, the Entropia Universe and Calypso teams have grown since the ComPet project began.
Great to know... How could we all have been so stupid not to see it? :dunce::dunce::dunce::dancing:

Haven't played it since the first release. But it sounds like a very optimistic timeline.

Well for starters, yay for more info than we normally get but I still have a query or two.

As already posted above, given the bugs still in the app I'm concerned open beta is still unwise. The ratings and reviews on the app store are a lot less forgiving than eu players in my opinion.

Also you've mentioned that the compet deed sales paid for development when will payouts start? Also what does that mean the developers have been working on for EU as there seems to have been very little in recent updates?

Finally are we any closer to stable owners and pet trainers being able to sell pets into compets as stated on several occasions now?

yes baby :yay:
but you forgot 1

- Allow transactions in the ComPet Shop. !

and

The product development and marketing budgets for ComPet were fully financed via ComPet deeds.

must be followed by

- Allow compet deed holder to receive their tiny tiny payouts

Absolutely not.. not during a beta because wipes happen after beta periods. Let's not be shortsighted.

Interesting, now show me the progress of Entropia with your "current" "grown" team !

Will the data be whiped uppon full release ?
Will withdrawels be possible during extended beta ?
Will withdrawels of peds won during extended beta be possible after full release ?
Does an compet extended beta account have to be linked to an existing entropia account to access compet shop and/or withdraw funds ?

These questions need and answer...

Seems like raid battles are not working since new VU?

Good to see that paying for raid search even when you don't find one has been fixed though!

Seems like raid battles are not working since new VU?

Good to see that paying for raid search even when you don't find one has been fixed though!

Your shield doesnt get broken if you find none, i guess thats why everyone still has their shields and you wont find any raid targets till the starter shields have expired.

In accordance with past history of MA and EU let me translate something they said...

"we have gathered lots of valuable data" (that we will do nothing about and then go away for 3 weeks, and then add some more stuff to, and then fix 1-2 things, then add more things that need fixed, then gather more data that will will do nothing with...........)

ENJOY! compet

Interesting, now show me the progress of Entropia with your "current" "grown" team !
They mean the bunch of kindergarten doodlers, "current grown team", have aged another year, that's all.

:silly2:

Oh and Mindark ?
Bug sprays, like Deep Wood OFF, does not work with ingame bugs.
Try programming.

For more information about ComPet, please visit: http://www.competgame.com

I got news for you, if this is true then you're doing an even worse job then you've been accused of. :scratch2:

Sweeeet

Mindforce amps soooon!!!

"Nearly all of the coding of the ComPet infrastructure and client was outsourced"

Was it outsourced to a company owned/operated by Kim Timkrans?

WTAF, is going on now, last 3 battles in Arena, lost something like 52, 71 and 72 points...................

WTAF, is going on now, last 3 battles in Arena, lost something like 52, 71 and 72 points...................

It can be alot more if the player you are fighting has alot less points then you and never fought you before - i once lost 280 points in a single fight while the other one gained over 600...still needs some balancing

It can be alot more if the player you are fighting has alot less points then you and never fought you before - i once lost 280 points in a single fight while the other one gained over 600...still needs some balancing
It needs balancing to say the very least! The fights were me at lvl 9 and opponents lvl 11, 2 of which i have fought before many times!

have we entered the no wipes phase already? I got very little time to actually play in the next 2 weeks

Back