Question about space travel

dabrixmgp

Old
So it says to put all your lootables in storage when traveling from one planet to another. Where is this storage at? The only one I can find is the same planet only storage. What the hell sense does it make for me to put all my skill pills in storage on Caly if I cant use them when I get to Ark? Is there another storage I am missing here?

You are not missing any storage options, welcome to lootable PVP.

The game recommends that you store your items because other players can take some of them in space.

If you plan to travel much, you'll have to find out which ones, and regarding the skill pills, some are lootable and some are not. I'm don't have a list but the ones you can't put down shouldn't be lootable.

Or you can pay for relatively safe, professional transport.

All skill pills aren't lootable, no matter what their info says. Of buff pills only yellow ones are lootable (A,B,C,H).

Considering transferring of lootable items in space, that certainly makes perfect sense. Without the risk, there wouldn't be work for warp services. Either risk or pay.

Reactions: DoA
So it says to put all your lootables in storage when traveling from one planet to another. Where is this storage at? The only one I can find is the same planet only storage. What the hell sense does it make for me to put all my skill pills in storage on Caly if I cant use them when I get to Ark? Is there another storage I am missing here?

As described by the other answers given, space in EU is PVP (apart from a small safe area around each spacestation) There are no safe routes, but there are as mentioned safer options than solo travel when carrying lootables. Yes there are charges made by the ship owners for these services but they are pretty small and given the speed, convenience and additional safety provided, they are in my admittedly very biased opinion worth every ped.

For further information on the use of space in EU, you may wish to read our mini guides at
http://kronan-ms.info/how-to-get-started/
and
http://kronan-ms.info/space-transport/

There are a lot of spaceship service providers, some are independent owners of single warp ships and others have formed into multi vessel service groups. They can be contacted through the use of #space_travel chat in game. Many will spam their availability, prices and current location in that channel to assist you in finding a ride.
GL and I hope you enjoy both your journey and your time on Arkadia.

We also run a spaceship service group and our prices and services can be seen at
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Interplanetary-Spaceship-Services)&highlight=

kiss_v_2.jpg

A very helpful post from Granny.

Once you have made your way safely across space please don't think of it as something to bypass or an inconvience, as so often can be the case when someone first gets out there. It is its own distinct area, with its own mobs, skills, professions, and people :) So please do come back and explore it sometime, you are more than welcome to join us (Titans of Space) for a safe introduction :)

OK only thing I had on me were 50 of the 1 hr 50% pills and they said they were lootable. Was really worried about losing those but if they cant be looted then thats great.

Also, remember that you can pull items across planets through the auction... problem with that is if there are other bidders, but if you time it right, price it right, and have friends on multiple planets helping you out, with certain stackables it could be an option.

Back