Broken national flags? What's next?

Quoted from Australian Flag Guidelines:

When the flag is represented, for example, as an illustration for commercial or advertising purposes:
- It should be used in a respectful manner and reproduced accurately
- It should not be defaced - that is, have superimposed on it printing or illustration/s
- It should not be covered by other objects
- All symbolic parts of it should be identifiable

Personally, I believe as all stars & the Union Jack are Visible, there is no issue here.

Also to note, from the Australian Flags Act (1953):

6 Warrants to use flags

The Governor‑General may, by warrant, authorize a person, body or authority to use a flag or ensign referred to in, or appointed under, this Act, either without defacement or defaced in the manner specified in the warrant.

I would be very very doubtful that Neverdie Studios has requested or been granted permission by the copyright holders to use these flags commercially.

However I highly doubt that the countries of the flags discovered so far would bother with any copyright infringement given the insignificant use/monetary gain.

I could however see some countries of which have not yet had a flag discovered raise issues with both the 'desecrated' depiction and/or pirate association.

I dont see any problem with flags.
Actually when i saw Polish, first thing i wanted to do is to get one.
I just think these days people spend too much time looking for problems, conspiracy etc.

Agree, why take things the wrong way?

earth national flags dont belong in EU.

instead of comming up with new ideas or new flags, we take something and copy it...:eyecrazy:

earth national flags dont belong in EU.

instead of comming up with new ideas or new flags, we take something and copy it...:eyecrazy:

indeed

How about... Avatar flags, TP/village flags, Mob flags, funny flags, exploding flags, flag:'I had an ATH here', ...

If ND said the sky was blue everyone would disagree and blow up.

I would disagree because it is not blue, it is transparent.

It only appears to be blue because of light rays refracting off tiny particles of water in the atmosphere which our eyes perceive as blueish color. By saying the sky is blue means that it is a physical thing with a color applied, but the sky can be a rainbow of colors depending on which angles you view the sky from, that's how a rainbow works and why only people from a specific field of view can see the rainbow and others in a different location can't.

So ND would truly be wrong in his statement.

Sounds like he'd be right. You're already disagreeing

It only appears to be blue because of light rays refracting off tiny particles of water in the atmosphere which our eyes perceive as blueish color....

Actually it's you who's truly wrong in your statement. The blue color doesn't have anything to do with "tiny particles of water". Google it, find out how it really works. ;)

It only appears to be blue because of light rays refracting off tiny particles of water in the atmosphere which our eyes perceive as blueish color. By saying the sky is blue means that it is a physical thing with a color applied, but the sky can be a rainbow of colors depending on which angles you view the sky from, that's how a rainbow works and why only people from a specific field of view can see the rainbow and others in a different location can't.

Ok Neverdie ;)

Actually it's you who's truly wrong in your statement. The blue color doesn't have anything to do with "tiny particles of water". Google it, find out how it really works. ;)

This argument already has more merit than the complaint in the OP.

On day 2 the sky was painted blue;
God made it brighter just for you;

So guess google is right :p

I can google why the earth is round and find out it is flat. Google is not a good source of facts unless you know what your actually looking for and believe in I guess.

On day 2 the sky was painted blue;
God made it brighter just for you;

So guess google is right :p

I can google why the earth is round and find out it is flat. Google is not a good source of facts unless you know what your actually looking for and believe in I guess.

Exactly, I second this - just take a look at the Google Earth images of a rumored strange sea monster (Kraken) spotted off of Deception Island a few days ago: http://www.popsci.com/no-this-is-not-an-antarctic-sea-monster-discovered-on-google-earth

...too bad it really was just a big phat rock after all, and not your typical mythical sea Leviathan :D

(OK, maybe only in EU, but not IRL)

Google is not a good source of facts unless you know what your actually looking for and believe in I guess.
Heh, ok, I haven't tried to google it, maybe it's not that easy.

OK, the reason why we see sky as blue comes from the Brownian motion of the air molecules. Incidentally it creates tiny empty pockets with no air molecules. For some reason those work like microscopic magnifying glasses - they change the direction of rays of light. Different pockets with different sizes refract different wavelengths. Accidentally the pockets with a diameter that matches the wavelength of the blue lightrays are statistically much more common than any other size. As a result mostly blue light changes direction, gets "diffused" so to say, so we can see them coming from every part of the sky.
If the consistency of air was different those tiny pockets of could be of different size and the sky would then look yellow or red or any other color.

Heh, ok, I haven't tried to google it, maybe it's not that easy.

OK, the reason why we see sky as blue comes from the Brownian motion of the air molecules. Incidentally it creates tiny empty pockets with no air molecules. For some reason those work like microscopic magnifying glasses - they change the direction of rays of light. Different pockets with different sizes refract different wavelengths. Accidentally the pockets with a diameter that matches the wavelength of the blue lightrays are statistically much more common than any other size. As a result mostly blue light changes direction, gets "diffused" so to say, so we can see them coming from every part of the sky.
If the consistency of air was different those tiny pockets of could be of different size and the sky would then look yellow or red or any other color.

Hmm they did not teach you that at physics class ? :scratch2:

If they resemble pirate flag why aren't they black and white with a skull and bone

Did we find any purpose for these other than decoration?

Did we find any purpose for these other than decoration?

They was sent to help speed bike bps drop. Even though monster truck bp had no problem dropping. Funny thing is speed bike bp dropped several months later, when ark sand runners dropped. I don't wear a tin hat, so I leave that to Mr Skywalker.

Back