Broken national flags? What's next?

Auktuma

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Augis Auktuma Tumas
---- deleted by poster ----
(enough of just title to express some worries)

Last edited:
A bit overblown don't ya think?

Before thinking of conspiracy, consider the possibility the creator of those is just a reckless jerk. So far, Australian, Dutch, Polish and Romanian flags have been discovered, so this is not targeting specific region.

A bit overblown don't ya think?

I have cleared initial post, yeah, used too strong contrasts to show what I mean...

Before thinking of conspiracy, consider the possibility the creator of those is just a reckless jerk. So far, Australian, Dutch, Polish and Romanian flags have been discovered, so this is not targeting specific region.

At my view point, using national flags in this context and form is total disrespect to people of that country. Tear up (?) national flags naming it pirate flag. Sounds to me like calling people of that country to be pirates or calling to start such activities. Rise pirate. Rob, kill. Seed it to our mind... Next gonna be burning flags? Flags in mud?
We should become sometime Mankind but I'm sure the path isn't through disrespect of national feeling of community... Isn't such stuff against EULA? How it could have happened?
Looking to such at least for me media become less attractive...

it makes me sad that our flags enter this game...

i thought the future was one nation and that was earth and not petty small countries.

Unity!

Really wish they would stop this mess creating content. Arkadia has fit very well with the sci-fi theme, as has Cyrene. Even Toulan has a sci-fi plus arabic mix which is interesting and not widely out there. But then we get people running around with random garbled bits of content which make no sense (the cars, the weapons, the armours).

So frustrating. On topic, it's odd that he didn't pick the US flag to defile isn't it...

If ND said the sky was blue everyone would disagree and blow up.

Mainly because he'd insist it was green and we had to pay for it.

it makes me sad that our flags enter this game...

i thought the future was one nation and that was earth and not petty small countries.

Unity!

Not in ND's cocaine-fueled nightmare world.

Anyone have pictures for those of us not near our computers?

In 2016 someone is going to get offended no matter what you do. Leave it..

Reactions: Mac
doesn't bother me, even when an english flag is found, just seems odd to chose nations that arn't really known for pirating or even been a naval power, should be England, Wales, France and Spain... But pirates wouldn't fly under their countries flag anyway

In 2016 someone is going to get offended no matter what you do. Leave it..

Agreed, seeing all the Social Justice Keyboard Warriors online, compaining about something stupid, or a certain group not having greaters rights than another group winds me up. and honestly i think its killing the western world, we're becoming weak and ripe for terrorists to pick off (even BBC stated they didn't want to offend ISIS)

Last edited:
At my view point, using national flags in this context and form is total disrespect to people of that country. Tear up (?) national flags naming it pirate flag. Sounds to me like calling people of that country to be pirates or calling to start such activities. Rise pirate. Rob, kill. Seed it to our mind... Next gonna be burning flags? Flags in mud?

I can see why some people are offended, although I personally am not.

What I'm saying is that I can't see any evil intent behind this, just recklessness and failure to think things through.

doesn't bother me too much, even when an english flag is found, just seems odd to chose nations that arn't really known for pirating or even been a naval power, should be England, Wales, France and Spain... But pirates wouldn't fly under their countries flag anyway

Everyone's favourite ministry of truth knows of at least 28 Dutch pirates, so Dutch have been quite famous for this, too.

Blueprints for Spanish and French flags have been discovered but the flags themselves haven't yet been crafted.

And finally, all involved countries at least have a coastline. Now, Czech Pirate Flag would indeed be weird. :laugh:

Everyone's favourite ministry of truth knows of at least 28 Dutch pirates, so Dutch have been quite famous for this, too.

Blueprints for Spanish and French flags have been discovered but the flags themselves haven't yet been crafted.

And finally, all involved countries at least have a coastline. Now, Czech Pirate Flag would indeed be weird. :laugh:

:) until i looked, i thought Poland was Landlocked... but yeah a landlocked country flag would be funny.

btw. whats the purpose of these flags? i was hoping we'd have one for each country that can be attached to all vehicles :D would be like Football tournament time, seeing cars with 2 St. George's flags attached to the window

Don't be so dramatic. I absolutely agree we don't have to dissolve the national states (and cultures). Right now it could result in lots of failed states. The time will come for the big friendly planetary culture but we're not there yet. Have some patience! ;)

That being said, I believe the intent with those flags was indeed ability to display them on the vehicles and this would give us some pretty cool uses (think WoF teams, etc). Why are they deformed and not the authentic flags?
First, to copy those national symbols 1:1 would be lame. Video games belong to the realm of art, transformations are used exactly for this reason, to disrupt the direct connection to the RL and grant some artistic freedom.
Second, why this kind of transformation? Because Rock is a planet of rock and rebels. All you PC folks, deal with it. :tongue2:

:) until i looked, i thought Poland was Landlocked... but yeah a landlocked country flag would be funny.

btw. whats the purpose of these flags? i was hoping we'd have one for each country that can be attached to all vehicles :D would be like Football tournament time, seeing cars with 2 St. George's flags attached to the window

We don't know what flags are in the system or how many. There is different level bp (vehicle enginer) that was added in last VU to help drop the Speedbike bp that players still waiting on.

Don't be so dramatic. I absolutely agree we don't have to dissolve the national states (and cultures). Right now it could result in lots of failed states. The time will come for the big friendly planetary culture but we're not there yet. Have some patience! ;)

That being said, I believe the intent with those flags was indeed ability to display them on the vehicles and this would give us some pretty cool uses (think WoF teams, etc). Why are they deformed and not the authentic flags?
First, to copy those national symbols 1:1 would be lame. Video games belong to the realm of art, transformations are used exactly for this reason, to disrupt the direct connection to the RL and grant some artistic freedom.
Second, why this kind of transformation? Because Rock is a planet of rock and rebels.

Hear Hear :smash:

All you PC folks, deal with it. :tongue2:

yea don't hear the console owners complaining :wtg:

ps i just noticed, it looks like the bowdown smiley is showing it's ass

Meh, i dont see a problem with it.... its just a game not a politician making a statement in official capacity on another country. So lets just calm down and see it for what it is: a slightly silly looking 3D flag with a caption that includes "pirate flag" that doesnt really mean anything at all other then what is inferred to it by the viewer.

I realy surprised by this thread! Realy can't understand where the issue here! I love this item, it's great decoration and I hope to find one of my country to put outside my shop as my friend did or in my apartments.
Sometimes it's good to ask what's all about before you dears friends start "crying" like old ladies :)

nations_flag_aussie_418549.jpg

Here one my friend Doc discovered. It's great!

PS. As far we know it's coming from "vehicle BP" and it is mostly a "grinding" BP for the speedbike BP (as bigdaddy already posted), also we don't know if this item will be in the ingredients needed for making a bike. Many of us we dreaming to own one anyway :) aren't you? (I mean a bike lol)

Last edited:
I dont see any problem with flags.
Actually when i saw Polish, first thing i wanted to do is to get one.
I just think these days people spend too much time looking for problems, conspiracy etc.

how the hell did a broken flag from some country on planet Earth end up in this galaxy, on Calypso? I thought we had left all of that behind us? :confused:

how the hell did a broken flag from some country on planet Earth end up in this galaxy, on Calypso? I thought we had left all of that behind us? :confused:
Well, we have confederate flag. The country it belong to is long gone but its flag is still around as a cultural statement. The reason it's still here is it's deeply controversial nature.
We can draw some parallels from this. The exact same thing could very well happen after disappearance of national states and emergence of the uniform planetary culture. Below the surface in all cultures there's always a counter-culture movements rebelling against the widely accepted status quo. Regardless what you think about counter-culture, it's present in our Universe. Welcome to RockTropia... ;)

doesn't bother me, even when an english flag is found, just seems odd to chose nations that arn't really known for pirating or even been a naval power, should be England, Wales, France and Spain... But pirates wouldn't fly under their countries flag anyway

Agreed, seeing all the Social Justice Keyboard Warriors online, compaining about something stupid, or a certain group not having greaters rights than another group winds me up. and honestly i think its killing the western world, we're becoming weak and ripe for terrorists to pick off (even BBC stated they didn't want to offend ISIS)

Michiel de Ruyter would strongly disagree the Dutch not being named as a Naval nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michiel_de_Ruyter

I admit, I didn't realise they were are big as they were, its probably down to the UK naval battles are mainly against france and spain
Yeah, Netherlands is prolly the most underrated Navy (and Army) in the world... probably because they never entered the rats race to grab as many colonies as possible and create the biggest empire.
But they were out there, that's where the South Africa came from ;)

Yeah, Netherlands is prolly the most underrated Navy (and Army) in the world... probably because they never entered the rats race to grab as many colonies as possible and create the biggest empire.
But they were out there, that's where the South Africa came from ;)

new_amsterdam_foto1.jpeg

Ever heard of New Amsterdam? :scratch2:

peterstuyvesant_012.jpg

Renowned killer application named after a famous Dutch :launcher:

640px-DutchEmpire15.png

The few Dutch colonies :tiphat:

Last edited:
Klaus Störtebekers flag anywhere ?

I do wonder if they will release a flag for a country which may have laws about how the flag is supposed to be treated.

You don't want governments getting pissed at you cos you do stuff without thinking.

Personally, I am not bothered by whatever flags they release here.

Since the most recent infamous pirates are from Somalia and based around the Straits of Malacca (between Indonesia and Malaysia) where are those flags? :confused:

Not sure how Indonesia / Malaysia / Somalia will like it if you use their flags in such context........

Back