Full Screen Window Mode

Do you want FullScreen WindowMode for EU?

• Yes!

Votes: 64 94.1%
  • No!

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Manique

Marauder
Society
In Da Pocket
Paulo Manique Santos
Hello!

I did send a support about this quite a while ago and they said they been considering this

However its 2016, a lot of games these days got this since its a easy way to swap between multiple screens, something that a lot of people have these days aswell.

I'd personally like to see this so i could enjoy EU in full screen and be able to acess excell / browser and even stream in 1080p.

When you go full screen if you switch screens, it automaticly pop off the window screen.

I'd like to know if more would like to see this :)
I sure as hell would LOVE IT as any guy i play these days, without exceptions has it, being it few older or newer

I'll put a vote up to know comunity tought.

Any other tought please do post :)

Reactions: San
yea, i like for the simple reason i can use W10 functions above it like see volume & Song Playing (even tho keyboard displays it), GameDVR & Notifications from Apps. Plus ALt-Tabing works better

Yup... every other MMO I've played has this option.

Entropia needs to get with the times...

would be nice as an Option, but u can already do it in the "settings-ce.cfg" file in the calalog "public_users_data".
:)

Yup... every other MMO I've played has this option.

Entropia needs to get with the times...

Agreed!
Not even mentioning game engine or anything but this cant be the hardest implementation and it'd certainly be apreciated :)
As someone who streams, i'd rather do it at full screen than 1600x900 so my window doesnt pop out all the time.
That and also enjoy the game more at 1080p than 1600x900 to avoid the game minimizing when you got to tab to say, reply skype and such

would be nice as an Option, but u can already do it in the "settings-ce.cfg" file in the calalog "public_users_data".

You can but you are officially not allowed to change anything plus that file get rewritten with default settings on many occasions.

Yea im aware of that
But if you seen some posts, some people using fishy connections or unoficial methods are somewhat breaking rules.
My account isnt worth risking some testing or edditing main EU files and risking a ban.
It'd be nice if it was MA themselves doing so :)

Cos I got 22 games installed on my PC, 21 of them have this support, and all sorts, (fps, moba, survival, etc) and the only that does not support this, is EU

Yes, Yes, Yes - please do this - I have a dual screen setup but end up with my laptop sat next to me so that I don't have to keep swapping in and out of full screen mode.

Agree that we do need fullscreen windowed mode.
It's how i play most games since tabbing is faster when it's windowed and doesn't make the
screen "flicker" effect when going between fullscreen game to desktop.
Pretty much forced to play EU on windowed mode anyway cos it's so common
you have to tab out to confirm something, either from your own files or entropedia.

A full screen windowed mode option would be nice, I prefer standard windowed though but what i cant understand is why they have disabled the "maximize" button which normally is enabled by default in almost every SDK/Software i have ever worked in. With the exceptions being software where GUI is size dependant and not scaled(which EU obviously isen't since its GUI is fully modular) :scratch:.

Anyway, voted yes in the poll.
Zweshi

Nope, u can't anymore.
I did it too last years, but in one of the last VU they locked the file (at least in WIN7 I can't edit it anymore)
But if someone succeded to unlock it pls let us know...

about poll: A VERY BIG YES
and tnx to OP

edit: I'm on office pc now and here I can edit the file, so, sry, I probably have an issue at home computer.
DRM

Nope, u can't anymore.
I did it too last years, but in one of the last VU they locked the file (at least in WIN7 I can't edit it anymore)
But if someone succeded to unlock it pls let us know...

about poll: A VERY BIG YES
and tnx to OP

DRM

And yes even if possible, dont want to risk editing files at all.
Rather ask MA for this small implementation

No, because EU coders aren't good enough at coding to implement it without screwing it up so badly as to make it a bug.

No, because EU coders aren't good enough at coding to implement it without screwing it up so badly as to make it a bug.

yeah lol careful what you wish for - they might try it and discover sound doesn't minimize well. don't worry MA we wont tell anyone youre re-ta-rd-ed-:)

I want a fully adjustable and resizeable window with a lock function to prevent accidental resizing.

Yes, only problem is that in windowed mode gamma correction and some other settings are not adjustable. I don't know what prevents it, but this definitely should be addressed. For less than fullscreen windows this would even be more important.

From what we experienced in such changes, probably an intervention to this system it will end in a buggy situation. Personally I don't use full screen ever because I never do one thing at a time, when I spend time in front of my computer. So I'm not going to support something that is possible to end as another "headache" to my gameplay experience.

If editing an ini file allows such function, that means the engine already has that feature coded in. Enabling it officially within the game should be a simple matter with just a tick in the options / settings UI.

Maybe a 30 minutes job, at most, by any competent coder.

If they don't have a competent coder, well ........

deactivated

Last edited:
I think using the Sysinternals Process Explorer (by Microsoft) ProceXP you can set a process like entropia to use maximum windowed mode too, yet it is not permanent.

Im playing in Full Screen Windows Mode right now.

Everytime I launch EU it opens straight to,

Fullscreen Windowed Mode - 2560x1444

I also used to play in 1980 x 1080 in Full Screen Windowed Mode.
You can set it up in less then 5 minutes. I made a tutorial about how to do it on this Forum :p.

Pls may I have the link?
Tyvm

DRM

Request was heard and very nicelly recived for most players!

Back