Entropia Universe 15.9.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Fixed Issues

• Removed troll-faced icon from skill UI
  • Reverted unintended weapon sound changes
!
!
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

hooray for troll free release

Well, I'm glad they fix the annoying sounds :)

So guessing server is back up now?

Not yet (too short)

The hitbox problem with Aetherex has been fixed.

Thanks for the quick fix Mindark. ;)

My EWE EP-21 Defender Improved still makes sounds every other shot so they did not fix this one and it is still very annoying.

I can't tell if I like this bug or not, at first it was annoying me that I couldn't hear but every other shot when I took a neurostim, but now its kind of useful as a notification that the buff has worn off when I start hearing every shot. The funny part is, it sounds like its speeding up because I am hearing every shot, even though its actually slowing down. Fun with MA bugs! :laugh:

"Unintented sound changes", OMG after all these years ? ... QED on quality assurance & control !

Fixed Issues

• Removed troll-faced icon from skill UI
  • Reverted unintended weapon sound changes

Thank you.

But you forgot to revert the crit sound. There is nothing critical about this sound, it sounds like someone stepping on a grape, I can barely hear when a crit happens.

yeah, crit hits now sound like a concealed fart.

Thank you.

But you forgot to revert the crit sound. There is nothing critical about this sound, it sounds like someone stepping on a grape, I can barely hear when a crit happens.

Yes, pleeeeeeeeeeease fix crit sound back to the previous!

and please nobody touch again HoF - Global - Critical Sounds lol This is Entropia's trademarks!!!!...and our addiction!!!!

Thank you.

Yes please revert the crit sounds, they are terrible. Incoming crits sounds the same as being targeted in PVP. Not cool.

Why is it so hard for companies to get, don't fix what's not broken? :scratch2:

I actually like the new crit sounds. I don't need a "bing" to tell me when there is a crit. They were stupid.

Again, I go back to the ui system needing to be opened up for personalization so that you can choose what sound you want because you can't please everyone.

I actually like the new crit sounds. I don't need a "bing" to tell me when there is a crit. They were stupid.

Again, I go back to the ui system needing to be opened up for personalization so that you can choose what sound you want because you can't please everyone.
Good if someone likes it. But the issue here isn't about UI or customization.

Let me try to explain how I see it. Try to forget for a moment what you like or don't like and think with me. No cheating! :p

So, you have UI, the buttons you can press, menus that slide in and out, different controls (HUD + additional menus/options). None of those things are related to anything that happens outside in the world around you.
When you click on your HUD it may have sounds - when menu is sliding out it may make "whoosh" sound, if u click on the menu it may make "click" sound.

Now imagine you switch your HUD off. Clean screen, no controls are visible, all you can see is the actual world around you. Nothing should produce "whoosh" or "click" now. The HUD is gone and so are the sounds related to it. Makes sense? I think it does.

Out there in the game world there's a mob, you aim at it and pull the trigger. Your weapon makes a sound (something a weapon would do), the mob gets hit and makes a sound (something a mob would do), you run on the landscape and you can hear the sound of your feet. All these sounds are there for a reason - to make the experience more realistic. You can see things and you can also hear them. Immersion, everything seems real.
Next shot you score a critical hit. A bullet hits the mob in a critical spot causing twice the normal damage. This is something that happens out there on the landscape. What would you expect to hear when this happens? Something that's related to the event, right? A louder thump would make sense. Mob screaming louder would make sense. If nothing better just a simple ricocheting bullet sound would also do. All those things would reinforce your experience, would make a connection between with what you can see with your eyes and what you can hear. It's not "whatever, just make some sound and get over it", it's all about making your experience more realistic.

In the real world it's not that easy to achieve however. There's lot of different weapons in the game, one sound would feel realistic for firearms but not for melee or mindforce. You would need 3 different sounds. So what a lazy programmer will do? He would say whatever, screw realism, let's attach one sound for all and pretend it's your HUD that somehow produces this sound. This is the easy, cheap way out. It shows the game developers don't really care about maintaining the high standard of realism. It's the "Let it slide, who cares" attitude.

It is hard to maintain the illusion of reality. Every little detail has to support it, if it doesn't it's better to not add it at all. Just one bad move and all the immersion is gone. Not all people are thinking about it in so many words but most people experience immersion and also a loss of immersion. And they will adjust their overall attitude towards the game accordingly.

I've not yet installed the vu yet, where can I find the legendary troll?

Apparently its gone now, I didn't check, but it was at the end of your skill list in social, access from clicking the star or "K" key iirc.

ahhh, so ingame only then, that means I'm too late - not really a big deal I guess...

I thought someone had spotted it as a file in the downloaded data that lives on my C: drive somewhere

Thanks!

Fifth, you can make the case that the current crit sound is more realistic than the old. You wouldn't hear a bing after a head shot irl. It would be a thick, compressed sound with a hint of splatter.. which is what we have now. Sure it could be better.. but the sound is more realistic, to your argument, than what we had before.

Fifth, you can make the case that the current crit sound is more realistic than the old. You wouldn't hear a bing after a head shot irl. It would be a thick, compressed sound with a hint of splatter.. which is what we have now. Sure it could be better.. but the sound is more realistic, to your argument, than what we had before.
Good point, actually both old and new crit sounds are cheap imo. But comparing the two, sure, I can see how some would prefer the new one over the old.

What worries me is the game taking the nosedive into cheap haphazard solutions. What's causing this? Chronic incompetence or lack of development resources?

I would remove both HUD-style sounds and replace -
- getting hit with a flash of red on the screen (whole gamma shifting towards red momentarily) and
- scoring a crit with a weapon with a momentary shift towards blue or green.
If there's no money for the real solution, that is.

If it's incompetence, we already have our avas make sounds when getting hit. Good solution would be to keep going the same way - add special getting crit hit scream (2 sounds, for male and female avatar). Could be accompanied with visual red flash, or without.
For scoring a crit with a weapon prolly the best solution would be to code the universal "volume increase effect". Whatever sound your weapon makes, with crit this sound is momentarily louder.

I disagree with your assessment. Dear God why do you think screams are a better solution.....that's just unnerving and disturbing.

And you can't really use too much flashing.. triggers headaches (why I can't really use the Genesis swords) and I know a few players that have seizure problems. I don't see the crit sounds as a major issue. It's an improvement. Maybe not to everyone's liking but we don't need bells. The gun sounds though should be untouched.

I disagree with your assessment. Dear God why do you think screams are a better solution.....that's just unnerving and disturbing.
Must be one unnerving and disturbing game for you then. :tongue2: Your avatar already screams when it gets hit, where the difference suddenly comes in?
One way to do it would be using the avatar-screaming-sound only for crits. There's no need for all those random screams really. And then the screen flashing with red as optional visual marker for the same thing.

And you can't really use too much flashing.. triggers headaches (why I can't really use the Genesis swords) and I know a few players that have seizure problems. I don't see the crit sounds as a major issue. It's an improvement. Maybe not to everyone's liking but we don't need bells. The gun sounds though should be untouched.
There should be option to turn off all flashy visualizations. All at once or separately.

For those ppl who don't mind those flashes, visual indication about being hit can be pretty useful in case your listening music. Screen flashing with red feels pretty realistic, you can feel your really there and getting heavy damage. It's supposed to be painful experience... ;)
Here's an example from one dead game:

Why gun sound is worse than this stupid dong dong I really don't know. Well, one can't know everything I suppose. :)
Ok, maybe something like heavy thump (as in: bullet or blade hitting flesh and bone)? At least something you can imagine happening in the real world.

Last edited:
graceless afk shutdown requires reboot. then 3 restarts i love bugs MA

Last edited:
haha one day they might catch their last bug. A dog named MA chasing it's tail.

Back