Society
Rangers
Naomi NP Polder
I feel it is retarded to be in 1 soc,
I feel it is retarded that there is no function to a soc,

So I would like to suggest something like the following:
- Change societies to 'Clubs' with memberships
- Give Socs/Clubs benefit buffs, which can be chosen in the terminal
- The benefit buff's availability and strength, number of buffs, depend on the soc ranking
- Soc Channels work same as the current #channel system, but with blue color

One can join as many Socs as one want, your personal benefit buffs will be divided accordingly. Obviously your skillcount/top lvl profession, will only count for your nr1 soc/club

For instance:
I join 4 clubs:

- Soc/Club1 gives me 40% of its benefit buffs (if the benefit buff is +20hp, I get +8hp)
- Club2 gives me 30% of its benefit buffs
- Club3 gives me 20% of its benefit buffs
- Club4 gives me 10% of its benefit buffs

For instance:
I join 2 clubs:
- Club1 gives me 60% of its benefit buffs (if the benefit buff is +20hp, I get +12hp)
- Club2 gives me 40% of its benefit buffs

For instance:
I join 3 clubs:
- Club1 gives me 43% of its benefit buffs (if the benefit buff is +20hp, I get +8.3hp)
- Club2 gives me 33% of its benefit buffs
- Club3 gives me 23% of its benefit buffs

For Instance:
Top 50 socs: 1 buff (5 choices in buffs, 1st strength)
Top 30 socs: 2 buffs (7 choices in buffs, 2nd strength)
Top 10 socs: 3 buffs (9 choices in buffs, 3rd strength)
Top 5 socs: 4 buffs (10 choices in buffs, 4th strength)
Top 3 socs: 5 buffs (11 choices in buffs, 5th strength)
Top 2 socs: 6 buffs (12 choices in buffs, 6th strength)
Nr1 soc: 7 buffs (13 choices in buffs, 7th strength)

maybe this is too much, but I try to give an idea of the gradual increase according to soc rankings
Obviously the higher the lvl, the more rare choices are unlocked

I love to hear your comments, please share :)

Last edited:
I like the idea of society buffs but I don't know about the club thing...

Also, soc rank should be based on skill volume, not total skill, and there should be different rankings for hunting skill, mining skill, crafting skill, etc.

Would be awesome to be able to join more then one soc or club :)

#space_flight ~ connecting travelers with space service providers

example for rankings added

I think this may revaluate skills and socs

Last edited:
Don't know how I feel about most of your ideas. But I agree 100% that the society system is in need of an update. It feels like it has barely changed at all in 10 years. Would be awesome if it was more than just a chatroom.

“I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

-Groucho Marx

If they were to do this, I hope the number of buffs would be based on number of members in soc or total skills in soc over "top ranked" socs. Reason being is that people who just want to be in their own soc of friends who have a small number should still be granted a buff or two. I personally don't want to be in a soc of 200 or so people where half of them I don't like because they run their mouth off or give bad advice to others. Should i not be allowed or granted buffs just because of this?

Plus most people will want to be in the top socs just for the buffs making the point of having a soc mute. The soc chats would become like Rookie chat.
This could also cause the top socs to start charging fees or whatever they want to its members in return for the buff.

Soc's should be where like minded people get together to have fun and chat, not to be forced into because of buffs and then abused by the few top socs for all of your PED.

I do like the idea of changing the Soc system, however you should be limited to only 1 or 2 socs, but maybe having "clubs" as a separate thing all together could work. Maybe a club could be a number of soc's together...like 5 -10 socs max, who are wanting to reach some sort of goal....take Calypso Rescue team...they could become a club and that way their members can still be part of their own soc's.

so everyone will be in the same soc :scratch2:

With custom chat channels there is no need for being in multiple socs.
I don't think it is a good idea to 'force' people into joining 4 different 'clubs' to farm buffs.

No doubt Socs neer reworking and soc buffs were mentioned in past by devs, but I think each soc should have exactly same buffs otherwise gap between top and bottom feeders will only increase.
Top socs for sure would have it easier to fulfill requirements to get buff, but it should be in reach of your average soc.

Also, soc rank should be based on skill volume, not total skill, and there should be different rankings for hunting skill, mining skill, crafting skill, etc.

Totally agree, I always thought soc ranks should be based on total PED value of skills instead of total amount.

I am against the clubs and multiple soc idea. I do think the society function needs a re-work, and there is a long-time open thread here that people shared their proposals that MA should read through

I hope the number of buffs would be based on number of members

I doubt that giving a 200 member noob soc buffs, would increase the value of skills, which on its term is good for the economy. A soc ranking based on average highest profession, or average total skills however, does.

Reason being is that people who just want to be in their own soc of friends who have a small number should still be granted a buff or two. I personally don't want to be in a soc of 200 or so people where half of them I don't like because they run their mouth off or give bad advice to others.

Same here, I would like to be in a couple of groups where I have friends, but I can't because I'm already in a soc that I don't want to leave.

Same here again, I don't want to be in a soc of 200 where I don't know and/or don't like people. I would however, like to be in several socs where I have good friends.

Plus most people will want to be in the top socs just for the buffs making the point of having a soc mute. The soc chats would become like Rookie chat.

What is wrong with wanting to be in a highly ranked soc? Being accepted as a member, and wanting to be in it, are two totally different things. After all, a highly ranked soc doesn't want to accept anyone, and lower its ranking, and loosing its benefits. No way that top ranked socs would become too crowded.

This could also cause the top socs to start charging fees or whatever they want to its members in return for the buff.

True, that should be illegal

Soc's should be where like minded people get together to have fun and chat, not to be forced into because of buffs and then abused by the few top socs for all of your PED.

Exactly my point. I would LOVE to be in a soc/club with friends, without having to leave a highly ranked soc. Both should be possible!

I do like the idea of changing the Soc system, however you should be limited to only 1 or 2 socs, but maybe having "clubs" as a separate thing all together could work. Maybe a club could be a number of soc's together...like 5 -10 socs max, who are wanting to reach some sort of goal....take Calypso Rescue team...they could become a club and that way their members can still be part of their own soc's.

So do I. If CRT would consist of like 5 socs, it would be very handy if you can easily communicate on all 5 soc channels if you wish so. A #channel does not reach everyone in societies.

With custom chat channels there is no need for being in multiple socs.
I don't think it is a good idea to 'force' people into joining 4 different 'clubs' to farm buffs.

Custom chat channels do not reach the social interaction of societies, it is a totally different thing.

It would be impossible to farm buffs. First of all not just anyone will be admitted in a soc, secondly, buffs diminish when you join more then 1 soc, according to the OP.

I like the idea

But due to the nature of this game, giving people who already is top of the game, even more buffs than anyone else can archieve is a bad idea. it is because there is events throughout the year where someone ha ving 1 buff more than someone else competing on a high level, could make the difference between winning or loosing for prizes worth 5000$.

Its a bit biased in my opinion to say that highest ranked soc should get mostbenefits when you are in higheat ranked soc?? :)

Would be cool addition if socs really had to work for a buff/upgrade

I could live without getting buffs for being in a society.
Would really like it if we could join more then one society though.
Also would like to have it where societies have way of being able to grow more then the current limit of 200 spots.

#space_flight ~ connecting travelers with space service providers

Yeah. Soc-missions would be great. Don't even really care what the rewards are.

Give us things to do as a society and give us incentives to do them. Besides Landgrab :rolleyes:

That would make societies feel more alive and not just a glorified chatroom...

Society bases would be cool too. You could make them instanced so it wouldn't actually take up physical space on the planet. Similar to "Guild Halls" in other games. You can upgrade them, decorate them etc...

Its a bit biased in my opinion to say that highest ranked soc should get mostbenefits when you are in higheat ranked soc?? :)

I would not mind if the way soc rankings are calculated, chance, in that way I am not biased :)

However if it changed that socs have to work really hard for it, WSS would take the lead for highest activity with accounts being used by more then 1 person :p so that would bias your soc :rolleyes: And yes I like WSS a lot :p
<I know it is not only WSS who does that, please don't get me wrong. I know of many accounts that are played by several players. Still my opinion on it is it gives an unfair advantage on many levels.>

I could live without getting buffs for being in a society.
Would really like it if we could join more then one society though.
Also would like to have it where societies have way of being able to grow more then the current limit of 200 spots.
I like that :)

Society bases would be cool too. You could make them instanced so it wouldn't actually take up physical space on the planet. Similar to "Guild Halls" in other games. You can upgrade them, decorate them etc...

I'd like the physical space on the planet for it :) Editing it should be limited-able, for instance soc recruits not having pick-up rights etc.

What truly is the difference between having multiple "socs/clubs" and having multiple #chat channels? Not like we all hang out in Soc/Club "houses" or have any actual game restrictions because we are in or not in a soc.

The point being that NOT having the option of "joining" multiple socs is not taking away from you spending time with friends NOT in your current society.

I was a member of OU but the "Actives" decided to regroup and start the Ministry--I eventually joined them since the soc did go very quiet. I never let go of the OU channel and I gained the Ministry channel when I moved over.

Just create your own #channel and then let your friends in--You don't have to be a member of a society to join the channel for it either, provided it's approved if required.

The Buff addition is whole a different aspect, and you have a great outline for it, BUT it does need to be carefully planned out and implemented to avoid some serious abuses. More discussion on this aspect needs to happen.

On this note--one particular issue is going to be ranking societies on ACTIVE players, not just members. Meaning the buffs you unlock can also lock back up if you no longer meet the requirements. If members do not log in and stay active, what they contribute to the societies ranking should be lost and the overall ranking downgraded until they become active again. Ratings would need to be "real" time so players cannot join/quit/join/quit to assist with upgrades/unlocks.

I agree the society system needs a major overhaul--ESPECIALLY since the community is really the biggest benefit for most of us who play. We get over the heavy overall loses, the up and down cycles, and the petty BS that happens because we want to come back to "OUR" community (our gamer friends here). It only makes practical sense that this aspect of the game be given the attention it deserves, the upgrades it needs, and the future support it warrants.

Since our most glorious leader wants to make a work programs so noobs can get paid, maybe this should be a society function, kind of like the old manufacturing plant idea that used to circulate around or something like that. I am ok with joining the society that pays me the most, just don't ask me to do anything or participate in anything, I just want to get paid for gracing you with my presence and reap all the benefits.

Would be useful if it was based on soc participation weighted by skill rather than skill alone. Otherwise it's instantly biased towards the best socs.

For example:

Hunters Club A has 5 members of average (hunting) level of 30. They are required in total, to kill 10,000 level 20 or higher mobs in a week, to receive their weekly buff (+10% skill gain, +Hp, +evade, whatever).

Hunters Club B has 5 members of average (hunting) level of 60. They are required in total, to kill 10,000 level 40 or higher mobs in a week, to receive their weekly buff (+10% skill gain, +Hp, +evade, whatever).

This could be calculated with a percentage bar like the robot waves are. Easily implementable with the other professions too. Could include "special" (or priority using the current system) targets which are shared, for the whole club to target. "This week's target: Complete the Daikiba, Traesk & Goki Waves".

This way, I could be in an advanced hunter's club, a medium miner's club and a noobie crafter's club, which suits my skills.

Nice idea's Naomi, but I highly doubt Mindark would go with the buff idea. We all know how this community can react if one gets an advantage over the other. Not that I care though, I like to skill natural, meaning, I do not use skill pills or enhancers. Well I use enhancers on my fap :ahh:, but not on armor or weapons.

Buff's could work if they are being given at random to society's, like the skill boost you get. In soc chat a message pops up, "Your society has been given a 100% skill boost for the duration of 1 hour. Boost will start in 24hours." Just an idea, I bet they could work it out. ;)

Other thing they could do is society skill pills. One society member could buy these at auctions or tt, or whatever Mindark likes. This member then adds the skill pill to a slot in the society terminal. All society members that are online or coming online will get the same skill boost. Mindark could divide these into categories like hunting, mining, crafting, mindforce.

Just my :twocents: ;)

I am all for any society upgrades, but I dont see the point in being in more than 1 soc. The way things are now, I dont see a poing in being in a society at all... First lets try to fight for more functions to Societies, then I think we can analyze and see if being in more socs would bring any benefits to the game. I doubt it tough, cause I think channels are enough. Also it would be great if soc size would depend on upgrades, lets have more active socs, not have 30-40 people in soc with 20 inactive... we need more rankings, more options etc to make societies more interesting.

More in my few years old threads :)

Back