Biggest Recent Kerfuffle?

What's been the most significant recent news?

• President Neverdie and TP Fees

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • MindArk 2016 Financials Release

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Compet Beta

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Official Community Liaison

Votes: 23 36.5%
  • Something Else, a VU, the Divine Mission, Migration, etc

Votes: 11 17.5%

• Total voters

Avon(AJ)Jerrix

Guardian
Well, things have certainly been interesting around here recently. So, what do you think has caused the biggest kerfuffle in the last two or three months?

The whole President of VR/TP Fees thing? It's died down recently, but it certainly made waves...and multipage threads.

The release of the latest MA financials? This is my pick...not so flashy, but significant.

Compet beta...finally, Compet Beta.

A new community liaison...and getting good marks so far.

Something else? What else, a VU, the divine mission, migration?

Well, things have certainly been interesting around here recently. So, what do you think has caused the biggest kerfuffle in the last two or three months?

The whole President of VR/TP Fees thing? It's died down recently, but it certainly made waves...and multipage threads.

The release of the latest MA financials? This is my pick...not so flashy, but significant.

Compet beta...finally, Compet Beta.

A new community liaison...and getting good marks so far.

Something else? What else, a VU, the divine mission, migration?

Community Liason gets my vote. I think it's long overdue and it's working out great so far! I hope it continues.

Other one is MA's Twitch Streaming project :) But for that one, I'm a bit biased since I am an official streamer. I hope this relationship continues for a long time!

Voted community liason , lets hope it works out ok :)

Well the worst news was Neverdie, the best was the Community Liason.
Feeling positive today i voted for the community liason. :yay:

EU Referendum.

However, in Entropia, I would have to say Option A as it covers two subjects that caused a LOT of responses.

Feeling positive today i voted for the community liason. :yay:

My thoughts exactly

:yup: Yup. :yup:

However, the kerfuffle I've seen causing the most confusion lately was the sponsored twitch streaming. Nobody knew what it was, it had high visibility, and more than one of the streamers had no clue. Other than that though, it's one of the best recent publicity ideas for EU. :monkey::wtg:

You missed the whole Deathifier sues David Dobson of Arkadia ongoing episode.

I have not heard of that. Info? Link?

what the hell is a liason? speaking of it, what the hell is a kerfuffle?!?! are you making words up!

what the hell is a liason? speaking of it, what the hell is a kerfuffle?!?! are you making words up!

Well, liason and kerfluffle are made up, but liaison and kerfuffle are real. I'm pretty sure the financials were 2015, however.

I thought Compet would get more votes, and I expected more forum cynicism about the community liaison(TM?). I don't think Deathifier/Dobson was a big kerfuffle(TM?), it was only one thread, and trickled off pretty quickly. More of an Other.

A liaison links two endpoints. In modern English, those endpoints are people or groups of people.

The word kerfuffle was coined by George W Bush and has little to no inherent meaning. Some words, like some people, are that way.

Example usage: Donald Trump could be said to be a grand kerfuffle wumpus, and the US Congress is hamstrung for lack of adequate liaison between its opposing factions.

Kerfuffle

noun
[in singular] British informal
A commotion or fuss, especially one caused by conflicting views: there was a kerfuffle over the chairmanship

Origin

Early 19th century: perhaps from Scots curfuffle (probably from Scottish Gaelic car 'twist, bend' + imitative Scots fuffle 'to disorder'), or related to Irish cior thual 'confusion, disorder'.

MindArk's financial reports are the most important single thing for EU/MA. The fact that this year, it was not only healthily positive, but reassuringly well managed easily wins your poll for me.

MindArk's financial reports are the most important single thing for EU/MA. The fact that this year, it was not only healthily positive, but reassuringly well managed easily wins your poll for me.

What she said!

Most be "president" Neverdie and his megalomania.

The most embracing news for the game is 100% the ND election Fiasco.
The fact that MA and ND got together to create this scheme, takes away every bit of professionalism from MA and turned ND into the biggest joke in EU.
As an investor my EU life ended that day, because a company that creates such elaborate scheme and a fake election, takes every single bit of confidence and respect away.

If they wanted to kill EU on purpose so ND could create his Amerdica and MA keeps compets... it worked for me

I think this is the most important as well, but there are still key questions unanswered, the most important of which is whether or not webshop sales--especially strongboxes--are treated as deposits.

I think this is the most important as well, but there are still key questions unanswered, the most important of which is whether or not webshop sales--especially strongboxes--are treated as deposits.

I would be very surprised if they aren't, considering when you purchase strongboxes, you get an in-game "deposit committed" notification.

Speaking of ND...

Looks like this is what Next Island will be turning into.

Back