Current Beta Season Feedback

Society
Sanctuary
Robert Ant Shea
I an currently not too optimistic about how the beta is going.

Disclaimer:
I am a EU player and only have some hours each evening to play.

I got a pet to level 10 in this season but pretty stuck now.
Of course the lvl 10 upgrade consumed 2 lvl 5 pets so to advance (or even defend, etc) I need to bootstrap new pets from zero.
Problems:
- I am only getting 3 or 4 forest battles per day - it will take weeks to advance
- None of the quests that I have available can be done by a new pet
- Seems like fewer and fewer players are online - very hard to find anyone in Arena (specially for new pets)

I did the unthinkable (again) and created an unlinked account to try to provide some XP to my low level pets.
This worked for a couple of battles but no more.
Probably MA has put something in place to block this kind of activity (rightly so, but in beta what else can we do?).

Anyway, imho compet is not ready for prime time.
I probably will not participate in further tests (vacation and other comittments coming).

It was fun playing the last weeks - wish I could be more optimistic.

Ant

well i told them looong ago that the progress is too slow for a mobile game. but they dont seem to change anything in that matter and also there is no reply on what is planned. right now the game is very dead. and i dont see any regeneration from that state. id like to have a game like that but not with this slow progress. removing the pets needed for upgrading on pet lvl 5 ,10,15 and so on could allready solve this issue.

Yup, the developers are not listening at all. They are sucking more of the fun right out of the game with each and every update.

People liked the forest battles. What do they do? They all but take them from the game. Very moronic move.
Bring back the minimum of 10 Forest battles a day with a way to get more. And that should be per pet.

Questing out levels your pets so fast why don't you just remove it from the game also, I mean you can't do them anyway. Fix it by keeping the quests in line with the level of pets you have. DOH!

The cool down time for shields is insane long. At the most it should only be for as long as a shield is worth.

Yup, keep not listening. Are you guys trying to make the game fail? Looks like it to me.

Oh, and FTP peeps are not going to play at all. Once you hit Lvl 5 and up there is no way to get anywhere because of the expense and no gold being safe from the raids. I forgot who but one of the compet peeps said hey just put guards up. LOLOLOLOLOL! If your gold keeps being taken, and quests out level your pets that fast you can't level your pets good enough to be any kind of guard. Oh, and occasionally FTP people do depo, but I don;t see that happening with this game because there are far to many gotchas in it.

FIX THE BUGS!

Recently I won a couple Arena battles and what a surprise: got my rank points deducted on each victory ....

Last edited:
Today I received a whopping total of 2 forest battles.
Without a veterinarian I suppose I would have only received 1.

I don't know if the game is bugged or is working as intended.
Either way I can't forsee much interest if released as is.

Probably players will install it, try it a few hours or days, then just either uninstall or stop logging in.
I predict the active players will have hundreds of dormant accounts to raid every day :rolleyes:

PS: and 12 hours to upgrade my residence in a one week beta - sheesh

Last edited:
Today I received a whopping total of 2 forest battles.
Without a veterinarian I suppose I would have only received 1.

I don't know if the game is bugged or is working as intended.
Either way I can't forsee much interest if released as is.

Probably players will install it, try it a few hours or days, then just either uninstall or stop logging in.
I predict the active players will have hundreds of dormant accounts to raid every day :rolleyes:

PS: and 12 hours to upgrade my residence in a one week beta - sheesh

My hat is off to you on even reaching a Lvl 10 pet.

My highest Lvl pet is just a Lvl 5. I am struggling leveling him because with a huge lack of forest battles and quests that my pet can do it is almost impossible to level a pet.

Most my ped/diamonds went on getting a seven day shield so I could level and build in peace. Hah! What a joke due to the lack of forest battles and doable quests. Oh, I either got 3 or 4 today, but I do have a vet. But mostly I only get 2 or 3 a day. I just can't figure out the workings of the game, seems like it changes everyday. :p

Just doing my derndest to reach lvl 6 so I can make the spells stronger. I may have it just before the monday wipe. lolololol

Currently the game is one of hurry up and wait. Far to slow paced while in game and then you can only do so much so you log out again. Then later log in to collect gold to see if you have enough to do anything else. lol

Last edited:
Recently I won a couple Arena battles and what a surprise: got my rank points deducted on each victory ....

I don't even try to do arena battles any more. Big waste of time sitting waiting on a battle. Sorry, but I have got better things to do.

Sorry that people that do get battles are still having points taken away even if they win the battle.

Early in the week, when everyone was starting, I was able to get lots of arena battles (with ~equal level pets).
That is the only reason I was able to get a pet to level 10.

But I definitely cannot play a game where I have to login every few hours to monitor stuff, which seems to be what MA wants.

I don't even really feel like spending time thinking about suggestions for improvements, as MA is not giving much feedback.

I am also stuck. Online with other players playing game and no arena battles. Did they make rule how many times you can do battle with a player? Stupid if they did that why not get more players and then problem is solved if it is random who you fight. Stop plugging holes that are only a problem if you have too few players and instead focus on getting many players so that randomness can do its job of preventing the same players fighting each other over and over.

#space_flight ~ connecting travelers with space service providers

I am also stuck. Online with other players playing game and no arena battles. Did they make rule how many times you can do battle with a player? Stupid if they did that why not get more players and then problem is solved if it is random who you fight. Stop plugging holes that are only a problem if you have too few players and instead focus on getting many players so that randomness can do its job of preventing the same players fighting each other over and over.

About the only way to get more players is to release it to the public for open beta testing. I would not recommend that even slightly at this phase. Still way to buggy and if you public open beta release to soon you will just piss a ton of people off and the word will spread like wildfire to do not even try this game as it bites in its current condition. MA is not listening to suggestions to improve game play at all and has steadily gone forward towards I guess how they think it should be played. Oh well, no skin off my nose if they release a game that will fall on its ass very quickly.

My opinion (as a software developer of more than 30 years) is that MA tried some quick fixes in this update to address multiple issues (forest battles, detect exploits, balance raids, others).

Possibly we are seeing unforseen side effects and MA is struggling to detect the causes and come up with again more solutions.

However, I think the beta testers are getting a bit bored and playing less, which of course means that each coming beta season risks to have fewer players, meaning less realistic tests, meaning more surprises in full release, etc.

Perhaps I misunderstood. It was my understanding Mind Ark had already made ComPet open beta testing. If they have not then for certain more needs to be fixed before releasing for open testing.

Perhaps they could put promotion in in-game chats encouraging people to test and give link where game can be downloaded. It is fun game. Many people have told me for sure they will add ComPet to library of games they play when the game is finished and working well.

Perhaps I misunderstood. It was my understanding Mind Ark had already made ComPet open beta testing. If they have not then for certain more needs to be fixed before releasing for open testing.

Perhaps they could put promotion in in-game chats encouraging people to test and give link where game can be downloaded. It is fun game. Many people have told me for sure they will add ComPet to library of games they play when the game is finished and working well.

This is good to hear but in it's current format Compets remains (no pun intended) unplayable.

This is good to hear but in it's current format Compets remains (no pun intended) unplayable.

My opinion (as a software developer of more than 30 years) is that MA tried some quick fixes in this update to address multiple issues (forest battles, detect exploits, balance raids, others).

Possibly we are seeing unforseen side effects and MA is struggling to detect the causes and come up with again more solutions.

However, I think the beta testers are getting a bit bored and playing less, which of course means that each coming beta season risks to have fewer players, meaning less realistic tests, meaning more surprises in full release, etc.

I certainly hope that is what happened. If they created a huge snafu by mistake then they need to do a total roll back to the previous version. That way they will not be compounding errors upon errors. But I suspect that it is not a snafu with the forest battles. I believe they are trying to give as least as possible and are experimenting how low they can take the numbers before people will just say screw it.

I can fix that. Put it back up to 10 forest battles a day, and make that per pet, and still with the chance to earn more. It will not break your bank MA and it will make the game a lot funner to play.

Shorten the long animations, those animations really start dragging out a fight the higher level you go. Or either bring back the auto battles.

I still say vaults should be unraidible. There will still be plenty of gold to raid from the gold mines. People do not stay up 24/7 pulling the gold from their mines.

Fix the bugs. There has been a lot of bugs listed in the forums.

In the last session before the most recent wipe, when we had two weeks to level up stuff before the reset, I got my top pet to over level 10 by playing <30 min every day, without spending any of the "free PEDs" we were given, and hardly doing any forest or arena battles (I would guess about 20 in total).

It's like you guys aren't even playing the same game.

The fact that it takes some time, and intelligent play, to get anywhere in this game, is one of its strengths. If everyone was at the top levels in a month it would be completely pointless.

In the last session before the most recent wipe, when we had two weeks to level up stuff before the reset, I got my top pet to over level 10 by playing <30 min every day, without spending any of the "free PEDs" we were given, and hardly doing any forest or arena battles (I would guess about 20 in total).

The fact that it takes some time, and intelligent play, to get anywhere in this game, is one of its strengths. If everyone was at the top levels in a month it would be completely pointless.

Okay what is your secret? A Lvl 10 pet playing total 30 minutes a day and doing a total of 20 forest battles and arena fights? Oh, and not spending any of the ped.

For a lvl 10 pet you had to have to:

Use a lvl 1 pet to get level 5
Use 2 lvl 5 pets to get to lvl 10

I guess I am playing totally wrong and would love to know how you got to lvl 10 doing so little.

I bow to your greatness.

the problem is that it becomes exponentially slower. level 10 is fairly easy but level 15 is totally different as you need 2 level 2 pets. so you gotta level 3 pets to level 10 (6 weeks + 1 week to get one up to level 15) and then you need i think it was 5 level 15 pets for residence level 6. so that takes 5 x 7 weeks = 35 weeks. i have no clue what residence level 7 needs but for a level 30 pet in a competetive game you will need like 1,5 years at least at the current state. and people want to test strategies with different pets in an endgame scenario where all have the same chances, but when it takes that long to get one pet to level 30 + that it takes even longer for residence level 10 for all spells, nobody will play the game.

It is quick to level up from zero IF you can get many arena battles with same level pets so that you win about 50% or more battles. This is exactly what everyone was doing just after the wipe.

Today if I need to start a pet from zero it will take a long time.
- very few arena battles available
- very few forest battles available
- no quests the a new pet is likely to complete
The only option is the gym which of course is slow

I think MA fully intends that it will takes ages to get pets to high levels in the actual release.
And if the release attracts a lot of players it may be possible to always get arena battles.
But now in beta with only a few players easy to get stuck.

Last edited:

Wow! i have had this week off work so have plenty of time to play the game. Initially started OK with a few arena battles but I noticed I can never get any battles in the morning (UK time) and it just progressively gets harder to find any battles as the days go on and very few people to raid. In the end I just get fed up with sitting there waiting for battles that don't arrive and clicking non existent raids. My top pet is now lvl 7.

It is quick to level up from zero IF you can get many arena battles with same level pets so that you win about 50% or more battles. This is exactly what everyone was doing just after the wipe.

Today if I need to start a pet from zero it will take a long time.
- very few arena battles available
- very few forest battles available
- no quests the a new pet is likely to complete
The only option is the gym which of course is slow

I think MA fully intends that it will takes ages to get pets to high levels in the actual release.
And if the release attracts a lot of players it may be possible to always get arena battles.
But now in beta with only a few players easy to get stuck.

The gym gets new pets from 1 to 3 in no time, from 3 to 6 quests are a quick way to level several pets further same time.
Of course arena is quickest way if you can find the matches.

However as long as seasons only last a week, you cant really get past level 14 (it would be a waste of ressources to go to 15 cause you wont have the time and ressources to add the level 15 spells and or construct lvl6 buildings) and you will find the most matches below level10.
You dont need to be the highest skilled to win, you only need to be reasonably skilled to assure that your pet wins all fights in the levelrange you are competing.

So if Mind Ark still going to wipe out everything? Thought they had decided not to do that anymore

The gym gets new pets from 1 to 3 in no time, from 3 to 6 quests are a quick way to level several pets further same time.
Of course arena is quickest way if you can find the matches.

However as long as seasons only last a week, you cant really get past level 14 (it would be a waste of ressources to go to 15 cause you wont have the time and ressources to add the level 15 spells and or construct lvl6 buildings) and you will find the most matches below level10.
You dont need to be the highest skilled to win, you only need to be reasonably skilled to assure that your pet wins all fights in the levelrange you are competing.

13 hours to get to level 3 in the gym (and you have to login 3 times to update the training).
I guess that is fast in compet time :)

PS: maybe the gym should allow shorter training time so that you can get eg. 1 point in 15 minutes, which is often what you need.

Last edited:
All in all the game itself doesn't seem that it would be bad if it was improved and all of the bugs were taken care of. However, the pace of the battles seem very slow. There's still some glitches with the timer causing one to skip their turn if the system is calculating a bunch of buffs.
As for leveling the pets... It's nearly impossible to find an arena battle, especially during general American evening times. I had used gems to get 11 forest battles but yet it seems I can only do one battle once per day? or once per timer reset? Half of the time the gym gives a debug message so you can't complete training or retrieve your pet. The quests are just short stories and waiting a number of minutes/hours.
So basically right now the only way to level pets is quests or finding some raid battle with a pet at a level you can beat.
Certainly not an entertaining game at the moment and if the bugs are fixed at these current snail rates it will lose players. Also, will the game ever be available on Iphone, or same as virtual tycoon?

I only got 2 forest battles today. :p I just do not understand the mechanics.

Simple mechanic here. Its bugged. ^^ I am 100% sure on this.

Just don´t understand where our improved communication with the developers is gone again. Right now I am thinking some of the Devs are on summer vacation at the moment.

I have noticed that not only with building vetinarian do you get an extra battle but also 5 % regen to battles which increases by another 5% i think on upgrade. Looks like at lvl 2 my battles are now 7 hrs to renew.

I have noticed that not only with building vetinarian do you get an extra battle but also 5 % regen to battles which increases by another 5% i think on upgrade. Looks like at lvl 2 my battles are now 7 hrs to renew.

Nope, Lvl 2 vet and still got only 2 forest battles before it was asking me. :)

Simple mechanic here. Its bugged. ^^ I am 100% sure on this.

Just don´t understand where our improved communication with the developers is gone again. Right now I am thinking some of the Devs are on summer vacation at the moment.

I for sure hope so that it is bugged. Wow, can't believe I just wished something was bugged. lololololol

Back