just got more expensive to play

Status

Xcessive

Alpha
Hopefully the recent pullback in the both the Euro and Sterling/Pound dont severely impact the in game economy.

Pound is at 30 year lows, and the Euro is creeping towards parity with the USD.

Anyone have thoughts on how RL global economy plays into the RCE?

Good time for UK people to withdraw :)

The pound is about a penny lower against the dollar than it was 3 month back, and it will likely strengthen up when everyone calms down a bit; so no panic here.

The pound is about a penny lower against the dollar than it was 3 month back, and it will likely strengthen up when everyone calms down a bit; so no panic here.

Couldn't have put it better. I just wish we saw a lot more people posting this kind of thing instead of pedalling the hysteria we've been seeing today.

eur/dollar is 1.11 now
it was 1.05 a couple months ago.....

i welcome an low euro/dollar rate..great to withdraw

agreed 100%, at this moment its sheer panic, but we know nothing, nothing has changed, it could

1) general Election called, labour win on tearing up leave
2) Agreement is reached with EU, Vote number 2 (unlikely)
3) we join the common market, nothing changes but we have less power
4) we leave and go it alone

Normal people have little control on this stuff. The big guys are playing the market and will make money off of those who sell.

Where will the hedge funds park the money they took out today? Money markets earning 1%?

Keep things in perspective, during the 80's I sold dollars while in the US Army for 3.5/1 That's 3.5 marks to one dollar!

The dollar is still in a waste land.

I live about 20 miles west of NYC in NJ. Every house that is being built and every road that is being paved is done so by illegal aliens.

Towns are turning to blight and people are out of work.

I say this because I want others to understand why many Americans will vote for Trump.

Many Americans are tired of hearing nothing can be done about illegal immagration. Yet while the American police arrest 1 million + marijuana users a year, we are told there is no way to stop illegals.

Hats off England, and let us hope Trump can win in the USA, so we can begin again.

I live about 20 miles west of NYC in NJ. Every house that is being built and every road that is being paved is done so by illegal aliens.

Towns are turning to blight and people are out of work.

I say this because I want others to understand why many Americans will vote for Trump.

Many Americans are tired of hearing nothing can be done about illegal immagration. Yet while the American police arrest 1 million + marijuana users a year, we are told there is no way to stop illegals.

Hats off England, and let us hope Trump can win in the USA, so we can begin again.

There is always hope.

I just wish it was somebody else than Drumpf.

#Hillaryforprison2016

agreed 100%, at this moment its sheer panic, but we know nothing, nothing has changed, it could

1) general Election called, labour win on tearing up leave
2) Agreement is reached with EU, Vote number 2 (unlikely)
3) we join the common market, nothing changes but we have less power
4) we leave and go it alone

1- The referendum is done and the people decided narrowly to exit the EU, so even if a general election was called simply tearing up the leave process can't happen. Maybe if renegotiation was possible then i guess another referendum based on the changes proposed could happen (as happened in Ireland iirc). However renegotiation was attempted before this referendum so option 1 i don't believe can/will happen.

2- There can only now be negotiation based around a full Brexit now for post exit tariffs etc. The EU today confirmed this and want chapter 50 (exit rule book) actioned asap, however with Cameron resigning this will possibly delay this being initiated 2-3 months, then chapter 50 has to be completed in 2 years i believe. Brussels however want this initiated quickly to try and prevent calls by other nations for in/out referendums and the possible "Brexit Domino effect" taking place.

3- As the referendum has been the first since 1970's when we voted in the common market,the EU as it stands is the common market i believe. It just expended from a trade zone into what we have now.

4- Thats whats happened, i don't believe there is any other option now; for better or worse.

I'm devastated that British people now have to leave EU.

I was thinking about quitting anyway, but for it to be forced on me is upsetting.

I didn't think this stupid game was so important that we'd ever have a referendum about it.

Guess I need to sell all my stuff :(

I'm devastated that British people now have to leave EU.

I was thinking about quitting anyway, but for it to be forced on me is upsetting.

I didn't think this stupid game was so important that we'd ever have a referendum about it.

Guess I need to sell all my stuff :(
Had to read it twice before I got it. I blame Brexit! :laugh:

Hopefully the recent pullback in the both the Euro and Sterling/Pound dont severely impact the in game economy.

Pound is at 30 year lows, and the Euro is creeping towards parity with the USD.

Anyone have thoughts on how RL global economy plays into the RCE?

Deleted post
Reason
3.6 - Discussion of real world politics

I cant believe that a question about real life politics and economy cant been answered in this forum!
Not that I care for politics and I didn't even see the answer, but... FFS can anything be said here?

Deleted post
Reason

I cant believe that a question about real life politics and economy cant been answered in this forum!
Not that I care for politics and I didn't even see the answer, but... FFS can anything be said here?

not to mention other people clearly discussed politics too and didn't get deleted

Hmm my question would be: will British people deposit more pounds in order to maintain the same monthly ped flow or simply participant with fewer peds?

Way back when I deposited I would put in X pounds per month regardless of the exchange rate and as the pound fell I just had fewer peds to use each month.

If most people are doing this then we might expect lower activity for the next few months... :( (sad as this would mean lower CLD payments)

Deleted post
Reason

I believe I was just stating a few obvious things but probably in a manner too sarcastic :)

Attempting to rephrase, here's what I said:
  • that current USD strength is driven by we all know what political events,
  • that, if your local currency is different, stronger USD makes your ingame assets more valuable,
  • and that I see no way how political events expected later this year could be good for USD.

So, if anyone thinks strong USD makes it "more expensive to deposit" for them - just have patience, the issue will be taken care of. :)

To all of my Brit friends and OP!
Don't be pasimistic or upset, there is a flip side of this, if you wanted to understand what are the consequences of being in EU "by force" you should ask us.... Greeks!!!! Cutting your salary in half in a weekend time and woke up a Monday morning poor than ever!!! :wise:
Don't listen the threats.
I'm sure Great Britain will gain all the loses and pound will be stronger than euro in very short time.
Write that down if you wan't

Deleted post
Reason

So either bring back that post or delete/lock whole this thread. What a BS. Also no moderator acknowledge it was him.

As for double brexit it will have impact on EU, not instant and not obvious for most.

moderator.jpg

As this thread too easily invites to break "3.6 - Discussion of real world politics", which it now also has, I will now lock it.

Status
Back