Return of the BIFFOIDS!?

Interesting. I'm a 2010 noob and I've never even seen a Calamusoid. I'd like to know where that is! :D

There were calamusoids east? of Chugs Hideout when VU10 came. By time they have been replaced by maffoids.

Some year ago there also was a mutant event, when there was a (temporary) spawn of them nort of Fort Zeus, if I remember correctly.

Right, Umbra weren't just another mob they were special. First, they used whips. They were formidable for a noob like me, I remember fighting for my life and dying often... The extreme challenge only made them more interesting!
Second, they looted UL whips, the same whips they were using against you. It was rare loot but it happened,

What I remember, it must have been later then, they hade knives. They used Catorian Enblade 08 and Castorian Enblade 10, and they had clothes ("Hunterz"?) that looked like a bit raggier version of the OJ. (You could actually scan them and that way see what they were wearing). As far as I know they didn't drop any enblade 08 or 10 (or clothes); but I think someone said they had the red daggers as a rare loot. I think they dropped hair spray (while calamusoids male dropped hair color).

Calamusoids with whip I remember much later, when the "Orbs" came into game (VU9). Not sure if they dropped any "UL" (read oldschool) whip. During the event I think you could do some trade-in to get good (L) whips.

The bigger maturities of umbranoid used to attack you with some kind of blp rifle even and were wearing some random armor part of boar and bear

Calamasoids are now stuck in the new player "gauntlet" instance, lvl2.

I hadn't seen them since they thrived in pvp1 a decade ago.

Why did they remove umbra's anyway, I don't recall if any reasoning was ever mentioned? Lots of people liked em, too bad.

Why did they remove umbra's anyway, I don't recall if any reasoning was ever mentioned?

I Think it was someting in the line of, they were going to be able to wear armor (as some also did later), which would have an impact of the hits. And they would be removed until it was "fixed".

As for calamusoids, as mentioned, there was a spawn of them Close to the area between "fort isis" (forgot the new name) and chugs; and some year later they temporarily appeared at the beach NW of Fort Zeus during a mutant event.

I also Think a Dream was that they were going to appear during a round in last WoF, but "didn't make it".

In Vu9, "Dek bi fang" appeared in Hadesheim. ( http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Dek_Bi_Fang )

Back