Return of the BIFFOIDS!?

SnowLeopard

Stalker
Society
Guess Who
Gray SnowLeopard Felix

Back from extinction? Has anyone else actually seen one in the last 10 years?
I've only seen two in the last month... Have they just woken up after an unbelievably long hibernation period? Are they part of a secret experiment and escaping their captors? Are they scouts preparing a new mutant invasion?
Why isn't our government informing us about the appearance of the mutants thought to be long extinct?! :wise:

Hairy mutant, isn't it?

lol

I always assumed they were just re-named maffoids or something :scratch2:

Hah, neat. Definitely a different mob, 290 hp as opposed to Maffoid bandit of 670 hp :)

Do you mind sharing the location where you found them?

I haven't shared the location widely intentionally, not because they have anything special like the divine mobs, but rather because I'm afraid they have a groundhog syndrome and may get scared back into another 10 years of hibernation. :wise:

I haven't shared the location widely intentionally, not because they have anything special like the divine mobs, but rather because I'm afraid they have a groundhog syndrome and may get scared back into another 10 years of hibernation. :wise:

boooohoooooo :s

Used to rather enjoy biffs, nice!

If they are bringing old mobs back, maybe there is a chance to see Umbranoid again? They were mean to me when I was little and I never got the chance to get back at them.

I'll make a new thread in the Creatures subforum if we get more information that suggests one is needed, but I'm unsure at the moment whether it might be better to include it on the Maffoid page instead. If it's just one maturity that occasionally appears in a Maffoid spawn, that might be a better option.

I'll make a new thread in the Creatures subforum if we get more information that suggests one is needed, but I'm unsure at the moment whether it might be better to include it on the Maffoid page instead. If it's just one maturity that occasionally appears in a Maffoid spawn, that might be a better option.

One bandit, all alone in the middle of nowhere (twice, couple weeks apart). No other mutant spawn anywhere near.

Maybe they will also bring back the giant sea monsters that used to exist.

Hah, neat. Definitely a different mob, 290 hp as opposed to Maffoid bandit of 670 hp :)

Maffoids didn't have that HP from the beginning, maffoids got beefed up and got regen sometime in VU9.

I guess the real reason SnowLepoard doesn't want to say the location because they might drop him a mod fap.

Maffoids didn't have that HP from the beginning, maffoids got beefed up and got regen sometime in VU9.

As did Feffoids for that matter, I used to hunt even the big ones with a Riker UL1. Not possible now. :sniper:

I shall look forward to seeing a Biffoid, as I think they had disappeared before I started in 06.

well ive been to that location and no Biffoids, so must have been temp spawn

well ive been to that location and no Biffoids, so must have been temp spawn

The ones I've found have only been there following a patch, and only one biffoid each time. I was unable to go check at the last update and when I finally did, there was nothing, but I'm assuming someone else found it first.

The ones I've found have only been there following a patch, and only one biffoid each time. I was unable to go check at the last update and when I finally did, there was nothing, but I'm assuming someone else found it first.

weird, I wonder if its an escapee with more to come later

Its the new rare pet MA is working on, It will increase crit damage 11% at level 20 and soon it will be tamable.

*just starting a rumour

Has anyone else seen any Biffoids?
I went to check the spot where I found some previously since there was a maintenance period but the area was deserted.

Has anyone else seen any Biffoids?
I went to check the spot where I found some previously since there was a maintenance period but the area was deserted.
I think they were replaced with Baffioids...

As did Feffoids for that matter, I used to hunt even the big ones with a Riker UL1. Not possible now. :sniper:

I shall look forward to seeing a Biffoid, as I think they had disappeared before I started in 06.
As do I to the return of Umbranoids. I mean, I even named a society in their honor. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'd enjoy Calypso more if it had more subspecies of mutants, and more variety in what one can expect when fighting a mutant. "Ogg Bash!" is getting old. That said, bashing is definitely what our new friend Biff should do. Or possibly drinking.

[third edit]: Just realized ND should buy this mob for use in NWO

As do I to the return of Umbranoids.
It seems all the mutants were remade after engine switch. Biffoids into 2 mobs - Feffs/Maffs and the Umbras supposedly became Mulmuns. Mulmun Vigg's description reads: "The Vigg is an ancient Umbranoid warrior."

Why only Vigg's description mentions Umbras, where did the Calamusoids go and why change the names at all... that's all a little messy... :)

It seems all the mutants were remade after engine switch. Biffoids into 2 mobs - Feffs/Maffs and the Umbras supposedly became Mulmuns. Mulmun Vigg's description reads: "The Vigg is an ancient Umbranoid warrior."

Why only Vigg's description mentions Umbras, where did the Calamusoids go and why change the names at all... that's all a little messy... :)

Feffoids existed with Biffoids.

Calamusoids are still in the game in some instance apparently?

Umbra are not Mulmun.. Umbra use tools ;)

Calamusoids are still in the game in some instance apparently?
Interesting. I'm a 2010 noob and I've never even seen a Calamusoid. I'd like to know where that is! :D

Interesting. I'm a 2010 noob and I've never even seen a Calamusoid. I'd like to know where that is! :D

Gauntlet stage 2, knew I'd remember. Not proper Calamusoids but the model is there

Feffoids existed with Biffoids.
Ow OK, didn't know that. I stand corrected! :)

According to one old quote from Kim there was plans to bring biffoids back at some point. He's remark was rather uncertain: "and maybe bring biffoids back"... which apparently was dropped later.
All that confirms your point, we can't say feffs or even maffs are some kind of successors for biffoids.

Umbra are not Mulmun.. Umbra use tools ;)
Right, Umbra weren't just another mob they were special. First, they used whips. They were formidable for a noob like me, I remember fighting for my life and dying often... The extreme challenge only made them more interesting!
Second, they looted UL whips, the same whips they were using against you. It was rare loot but it happened, many ppl got those whips from them.
Last but not least, their whole environment was very special, all those signs for "STOOPID UMANS!"... their camps, altars... those great Black Orbs that sucked in all light in the whole area around them... It all created an aura of alien mystery and danger. Everything about umbras was different.
Now we got Mulmuns. Just another mob, you can put it on some snowy LA, you can drop it in desert... there's no difference it's all the same. What mystery? What environment? We'll slap a mission on them for u, go kill em by tens of thousands that's your story. :tongue2:

And then ppl ask what exactly was lost when PE became EU...

Well, to be fair there was a good effort to create unique environment for maffoids - the Maffoid Camp near Cape Corinth (Dustkeep Valley). The village looks cool, the skeletons, the whirlwinds of sand, the huts and cages, the butterflies and there's this Warchief's wave arena on the hilltop. If they would keep that direction and go further. Special loot, more unique landmarks, integrate the mobs with their surroundings, make it a story, an adventure.

That Cape Corinth area was Kim's idea I think? So give us back Kim and let him work! :wtg:

Back