Question: No wipe today?

Aww, I was waiting for this wipe to get started again.

No wipe planned for today? If not wish you would give advanced notice. :p

I haven't seen many posts from compet officials at all this week.
No idea what they have planned, but it seems to me that not many players have been very active the last days.

I doubt that I will start again if there is a wipe (or if I do very limited).

(Edit 1)
No posts on the changelog sticky since May 24 :(

(Edit 2)
No Ingame 'News' for 13 days 7 hours

Last edited:
yup, quite noone today
can't find any battle on arena and the forrest is just 1 combat per 8hour

It looks like they won't be wiping during the current Open Beta phase.

ComPet is scheduled to transition to Extended Open Beta phase within a matter of weeks, with an eye toward further design and balance refinements, scalability testing and polishing in preparation for full release. This phase will:

Be open to the general public.
Enable players to retrieve their progress (i.e., the system will no longer be wiped).!
Allow transactions in the ComPet Shop. !

From the last development update at https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?286427-ComPet-Development-Update

yup, quite noone today
can't find any battle on arena and the forrest is just 1 combat per 8hour

Regarding forrest it is a bug.

I haven´t done any battles until all of mine were restored to full (12/12 as I have purchased some in the beginning not knowing about the bug), as I remembered that after my first forrest battle it showed 1 hour to get new fight. If I now only do one battle then the regeneration of the first battle is as it should be at ~51 minutes with 15% regain buff from Veteriniarian Lvl. 3 building.

Regarding forrest it is a bug.

I haven´t done any battles until all of mine were restored to full (12/12 as I have purchased some in the beginning not knowing about the bug), as I remembered that after my first forrest battle it showed 1 hour to get new fight. If I now only do one battle then the regeneration of the first battle is as it should be at ~51 minutes with 15% regain buff from Veteriniarian Lvl. 3 building.

One would hope that it is a bug, but I would like to see a confirmation from a Compet official.

One would hope that the beta testing sticky threads would be kept up to date, also the in game news channel.

One would hope that it is a bug, but I would like to see a confirmation from a Compet official.

One would hope that the beta testing sticky threads would be kept up to date, also the in game news channel.

One would think that it cant be that hard or timeconsuming to stay in touch with the betatesters on a daily base, acknowledging given feedback (in all 4 compet forum sections) and asking for more detailed informations to narrow down issues where needed.
One would think that when some errors get pointed out at the start of a season, that someone would comment on them before the season is over.
One would hope that there is a person working on compet and responsible to channel the energy of a few dozend testers to make the best out of it.
One could be worried that testers may feel unwanted or not appreciated if their feedback doesnt get acknowledged and their game accounts deleted again and again.
One could ask questions on how it can be possible that exploiters get rewarded for testing/supporting the beta, when there is hardly any feedback from those persons to be found in the compet forum sections and their activity in compet is limited to boosting their ranking points on the first day.

One would think that it cant be that hard or timeconsuming to stay in touch with the betatesters on a daily base, acknowledging given feedback (in all 4 compet forum sections) and asking for more detailed informations to narrow down issues where needed.
One would think that when some errors get pointed out at the start of a season, that someone would comment on them before the season is over.
One would hope that there is a person working on compet and responsible to channel the energy of a few dozend testers to make the best out of it.
One could be worried that testers may feel unwanted or not appreciated if their feedback doesnt get acknowledged and their game accounts deleted again and again.
One could ask questions on how it can be possible that exploiters get rewarded for testing/supporting the beta, when there is hardly any feedback from those persons to be found in the compet forum sections and their activity in compet is limited to boosting their ranking points on the first day.

Hehe one might think (me in particular) that that the following events (could) have happened:
1. The offshore development team is unable to deliver sufficiently tested/testable fixes that can be deployed weekly.
2. The management team is concurrently on vacation.

I suspect that the plan was for only a few weeks beta testing before open release.
Not quite ready - maybe, possibly :)

(Edit 1)
@MA - this whole thing has the smell of a team that has attempted to offshore the development using a 'scrum' methodology. I strongly suggest that you employ a competent technical architect.

Last edited:

:wise::wise::wise::wise: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

2. The management team is concurrently on vacation.

Very possible, yet after over a decade of running into issues at vacation time, one would think that the management found a way to draw sticks etc. to let one suffer for the relaxation time of others so that their company and products are maintained well and sell well at all times due to happy customers.

+1 hear hear!

well I for one will start again as SOON as there is a wipe

well I for one will start again as SOON as there is a wipe

I actually enjoy testing much more after a season has ended but whipe not yet taken place - cause you dont aim for fastest development or best points anymore and can concentrate on figureing out the bugs :)

One has to spread some more rep around before giving it to John B Knight again :)

We didn't wipe because we plan on taking the game to open beta with real money transactions enabled very soon, possibly as early as today. Saving the (final) wipe until then!

We didn't wipe because we plan on taking the game to open beta with real money transactions enabled very soon, possibly as early as today. Saving the (final) wipe until then!

While in terms of seeing progress towards compet deeds paying out as well as stables finally being able to sell pets into compet, this is great, I'm really not sure the game is ready for this. There's still a lot of bugs, and as I've said elsewhere, the app community are no way near as forgiving of bugs as the entropia community is.

EDIT: Also is it possible to get some kind of update on when we'd expect compet deeds to start paying out and stables to be able to sell in?

While in terms of seeing progress towards compet deeds paying out as well as stables finally being able to sell pets into compet, this is great, I'm really not sure the game is ready for this. There's still a lot of bugs, and as I've said elsewhere, the app community are no way near as forgiving of bugs as the entropia community is.

EDIT: Also is it possible to get some kind of update on when we'd expect compet deeds to start paying out and stables to be able to sell in?

I can only comment on the first part of your post. It is true that there are still a fair amount of bugs however we needed to take this step in order to move the project forward. Keep in mind that the game is still in Beta mode which means that new players will not be able to find the game in google play yet.

I can only comment on the first part of your post. It is true that there are still a fair amount of bugs however we needed to take this step in order to move the project forward. Keep in mind that the game is still in Beta mode which means that new players will not be able to find the game in google play yet.

Any Idea when we are supposed to get the PED that we won, or the PED/Battlepacks that were are supposed to start with?

Should winners send new emails to support now that we are making our final accounts?

I have been pretty harsh in my comments to MA the last days.
I should have also included much more constructive criticism.

My first impressions of the update:

- the forest battle counter is a great addition
- no peds given so maybe this will be the open beta
- ped purchase now redirects (currently unsuccessful) but maybe getting close.

Look forward to news from MA

Regards,
Ant

Last edited:
You did not a wipe? That is news to me I have not been able to log in. Only way it will let me log in is to make new account? If I have not been wiped can someone please tell me how to access my account?

Really enjoy this game :) so any feedback as soon as possible is greatly appreciated

Re read Mind Ark post and maybe is mean there did end up being a wipe after all. Which is fine there is always new angle to try when I go back to beginning

Last edited:
You did not a wipe? That is news to me I have not been able to log in. Only way it will let me log in is to make new account? If I have not been wiped can someone please tell me how to access my account?

When I started the game this evening I had an update message and downloaded a new version.
If you didn't get this message I don't know how to help.
Hopefully someone from MA will respond.

I downloaded and installed new version.

What I want to know is do we have to make new account again or do we still have our account plus all the progress we have made?

What I want to know is do we have to make new account again or do we still have our account plus all the progress we have made?

It made me start all over again. This time with no ped, no battle packs. Oh, and of course they still make you burn diamonds doing things you already know how to do. :p So... this time it looks I am on the slow boat to china from right out of the gate. :p

I certainly hope there is one more wipe before going full live and we get what we are supposed to get. Beta testers are supposed to get rewards for taking the time to beta test, report bugs, and give input.

Compet is now in open beta and there will be no more wipes, more information will be sent out early tomorrow.

the process

It has been the process for compet to restart you from the start which means you have to start a new game each time they update you can not just simply relog you lose all your progress this makes it easy for other players not to encounter supper players who take advantage of new players.

Back