How are uber expensive items introduced into the game?

dabrixmgp

Old
So I was reading through the list of most expensive items ever sold in EU and while most of it was stuff like Real Estate, Banks, Malls, and Motherships there were armor sets, weapons, and FAPs on it. How do those uber equippable items come into the game? Can they still drop or were they from one time events that happened years ago? How often do people find crazy expensive items? I guess they arent very common because that would obviously lessen their value.

Typically they are items that are limited in quantity, or items that are extinct and were only dropped a long long time ago pre-VU10 and such. The IMK.ii is an example of this..

Same goes for the ultra rare rings. They're not worth 5-figures because they're good (even though they are), but rather because there's only a few in game.

Check price asked for the summer ring

Forget that, try to buy an easterring without selling your house to afford it :D

On topic about whats looted in later updates are some expensive wepons and tools in events and some extremely rare (yes Im lucky) weapons from mobs.

//ALZ

They are introduced by greed...Nothing is uber expensive...Its made to be by the greed of the player base...Basically you people are like a bunch of starving hyenas in a cage....who are so desperate and hungry that you are paying MA to give you some meat... MA is stood outside that cage who then throws one piece of meat in the cage and then you sell out muthafuckas get busy ripping each other a new asshole to get hold of that meat by making crazy bids..

But the amazing thing is that meat is thrown into the cage at a specific hyena as there's a few of them as randomness comes in handy sometimes (makes shit seem legit)...they hold on to that meat while you out rap3 the fuck out of each other until the price is reached to uber expensive...and then the biggest greedy cu*nt out of you all makes a biggest bid and then that chosen hyena will sell that item and the money is most likely split between MA and that chosen one of the hyenas...kinda like commission and thanks for working for us

Hope that helps and explains the situation about uber expensive items and why shit that sold for 90k yesterday is selling for 20k today..because people are getting bored of this shit and starting to realize how badly their being fcuked in the name of a game.

Last edited:
They are introduced by greed...Nothing is uber expensive...Its made to be by the greed of the player base...Basically you people are like a bunch of starving hyenas in a cage....who are so desperate and hungry that you are paying MA to give you some meat... MA is stood outside that cage who then throws one piece of meat in the cage and then you sell out muthafuckas get busy ripping each other a new asshole to get hold of that meat by making crazy bids..

But the amazing thing is that meat is thrown into the cage at a specific hyena as there's a few of them as randomness comes in handy sometimes to hold onto...they hold on to that meat while you out rap3 the fuck out of each other until the price is reached to uber expensive...and then the biggest greedy cu*nt out of you all makes a biggest bid and then that chosen hyena will sell that item and the money is most likely split between MA and that chosen one of the hyenas...kinda like commission and thanks for working for us

Hope that helps and explains the situation about uber expensive items.
lol, your comment reminds me of an ancient comment
Finkle said...
Don't you people realize by now that it is Mindark employees doing the reselling/scamming in this game? It is Mindark alone that profits from this game. The "uber" players in the game are the ones that work for Mindark. I have noticed from the beginning how they operate. The day you download this program and get put at Port Atlantis you are immediately approached by employees of Mindark posing as old players. They shuffle you over to the sweat camp and show you how to sweat. You do that until you can't stand it anymore. Then they buy your sweat or you sell it to some other person for next to nothing, buy yourself a weapon and ammo from the trade terminal, go out and start hunting the animals, only to discover your ammo runs out and weapon breaks without you having made even 1/10 of what you need to repair them and buy more ammo. Then back to sweating, usually people who go through this cycle a couple of time will end up depositing money. The minute you do, scammers flock over and try to steal your money in some way or another. Make no mistake, there are mostly employees of mindark, they know EXACTLY when you deposit, and don't show their faces until you do. I have watched the tactics they use and see the light. The avatars you meet and put on your friend list are more times than not the SAME employee. Just watch how on your friends list two or three people seem to log out at exactly the same time. Then a minute later when their computer reboots they log back in at the same time, with a slight delay in between. Look at how the same avatars can't hold up individual conversations with you at the same time, they have a hard time trying to keep up with both conversations. I have actually seen one avatar answer a question that I asked ANOTHER avatar!! The staff of mindark sit around and create accounts all day, scam newbies, manipulate the market, get Hall of Fames to entice you to keep playing, and you are a HUGE TOOL if you play their rigged game. You are better off driving down the street tossing dollars out the window. You stand a much better chance of NOT losing your money than if you play this game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME, DON'T BE A MINDARK TOOL!!!

Not true at all, of course, but from those that are not 'insiders' it appears that way... and Mindark has done nothing to stop that perception in all of these years... kinda sad really.

Its very very easy: the most valuable items handed out as event prices to the persons who own, the terminator.

Try to beat terminator in any event !

Its very very easy: the most valuable items handed out as event prices to the persons who own, the terminator.

If you say that, then you don't know much about events in EU, maybe you saw some big ones' results on forum.
Ask around and you might realize that Terminator has been beaten.

Saying that, one need to be as close to Term as possible and have RNG (or whatever you believe in) on ones side.
Not easy but doable and most importantly, done!

still sad that there is no single way of a low player becoming an uber through being lucky. nearly all of the ubers these days are long time ubers who got rich in early phase of the game through lucky item drops / big hits. but both is not possible anymore. and the events only play in the pockets of said ubers. winning anything in an event is not achievable for non ubers. dont participate in any MA event if your bankroll + equip is worth less than 400k peds.

so loot used to be a lot better or something? I dont see how they could keep people playing if nothing good ever dropped anymore.

Good loot is only droping by events and no normal hunting and the good loot is given by hand to the chosen ones. If you are not " the chosen " play for fun.

Its how the game works now days.

Super rare items are coming from events prizes. Also some good items are still in loot pool and dropping once in a while! If you keep track of the auctions, HoF list and this forum you will realize that.
FYI "Chosen ones" are those who spending an amount of money that most of us we can't or we don't want to spend. So they risc more and they get more. Simple rule.
Anyone who playing this game to become rich, is just "dreaming in a summer night" as we say in my country.

still sad that there is no single way of a low player becoming an uber through being lucky. nearly all of the ubers these days are long time ubers who got rich in early phase of the game through lucky item drops / big hits. but both is not possible anymore. and the events only play in the pockets of said ubers. winning anything in an event is not achievable for non ubers. dont participate in any MA event if your bankroll + equip is worth less than 400k peds.

There are only a handful of ubers in this game. All the others are wanne-be-ubers, who think they can get there by tossing shit loads of peds into the game. Since this is an RCE, Mindark cannot afford 5k or 10k ubers. So mindark is raising the bars all the time to keep the wanne-be-ubers, wanne-be-ubers. The few ubers are the carrots for the rest of us donkeys. :laugh:

It's all fine with me though, I do not expect to become anywhere close to the top.
Still here after almost 9 years to have fun and skill along the way. ;)

Reactions: Mac

i tried and i succeeded twice
MM and mmowc.

i tried and i succeeded twice
MM and mmowc.

Yes the mmowc was a awesome twitch stream to view. You had your gun doing some mega damage, I never knew EU damage could get that high.

Yes the mmowc was a awesome twitch stream to view. You had your gun doing some mega damage, I never knew EU damage could get that high.

what was the setup?

Seems like most of the pics of recent globals and HoFs are wannabes cause they are mostly Shrapnel. Even all of mine are made up mostly of Shrapnel. Can you still get legit HoFs consisting of weapons and armor? I love the pics of old globals cause you actually, you know, got loot back then. What changed to make actually getting loot such a rare feat?

What changed to make actually getting loot such a rare feat?

It's widely believed that there is a cap for every item or resource in the world. Not only that's logical, the theory also can be considered proven after implementation of upgrades. First Improved/Hyperchanged/etc weapon amps, to perform an upgrade one needed to break A10x amps into a100 parts, essentially destroying the original items. The A10x amps promptly appeared in loot in amounts not seen for years. Then the story repeated itself with other items, recently with guns and armor parts.

In the early days of the game lots of items we now consider super-rare were so common they were tt food, especially because there was no storage or auction in those days. You can hear stories of tt'ing Shadow parts and such. Check out this story for an insight. As the userbase did grow, so did the demand, and the useless items of yesterday started to find their owners, leaving the lootpool forever.

In my early days of 2006-07 the so called "uber" items were already uber-rare and uber-expensive, but the loot still was full of items. Most loots above average size, several times during any hunting run, did look like this:

Of course all that is junk even by today's standards, but certainly was more pleasant for eyes than shrapnel. After a hunt though all those items did go straight into a tt, only to be looted by someone else and tt'ed again, and again.

But not everything was tt'ed, year after year the items did vanish in storages and abandoned accounts, so eventually even the most useless stuff became rare. I myself have hundreds of looted shogun/kobold/etc parts in deeply nested containers. Why? No idea, just keep them, neither feeling like tt'ing nor bothering with selling, unless I hear that someone is looking for something specific or it's Christmas and I feel like Santa :D. I'm sure lots of people will tell the same story, also about much higher level stuff.

Nowadays people have learned to hold onto the most useless stuff, because you never know what might suddenly get a markup after next VU. Even if I'd tt'ed all my junk, it would eventually have settled in someone's else storage. And that's why we can't have nice things in loot :yup:

If what you say is true its pretty stupid for items to just rot on inactive accounts that will never be played again. They should be returned to the world so they can become part of the economy. They serve no purpose in Mr. Cooldude Leetsauce's storage on an account which hasnt been played since 2008. Hell even if he does come back not like he would remember what he had anyways.

According to EULA, they wipe accounts after 750 days of inactivity, removing skills and items and leaving only tt value of inventory for the owner to withdraw. The truth is, the rule is applied somewhat randomly. Some people really find their accounts wiped after a 2 years break, others return after a decade and see all inventory still intact.

The important thing is that you don't need those. As opposed to the period when these would drop (say prior to 2006), now you actually have a healthy midrange tier. And you have options in all disciplines, melee, MF, all gun types, viable MF healing (back then MF was a joke) etc.

An adj restoration chip is what, 5k? Has an efficiency way above adjusted fap, and this piece at some point (say 2008-2009) reached the astonishing price of 44k.

UL maxed daggers with good eco are under 1k across the board.

I payed for imp ep 21 (which is a peashooter by all accounts) 12k peds in.. 2010? Now you can have a 30dps ul gun, maxed sib and all for what, couple of Ks?

Not sure how stuff is on armours like boar, nemesis etc, guess they stayed pretty much stable, but who needs dunno what shadow and angel when you have L?

imp2870 i saw on auc for 18k? imk2 for under 100k? mm for under 100k? These would have been the laughing stock of EU in 2009 when you'd have people paying up to 300k for such items.

It is by all means deeply unfair to complain about uber items nowaday. First that you don't need them and second that, for what they do, they have decent prices.

Then: back then mobs were always hitting for max dmg. There was no critical dmg from mobs, but there was no critical dmg from player. AMOO SHOT IN THE AIR WAS LOST. You didn't have difference between Failed, Missed and Mob evaded missed shots. Any armor except a limited group (pixie, goblin, rascal, vigi, neme, angel, shadow) were decaying at unbelievable rates. Only rich fools would have wear ghost back then. There were no missions. No rewards with skills and attributes from iron challenges because there were no iron challenges. Almost no events. No viable LA management. No shitloads of things we have today. Keep this in mind. Uber is what you make of the game. Or you're the kind of guy who gets yellow of envy everytime he sees a Ferrari IRL?

P.S.: I know players who didn't deposited one cent or extremely low amounts and grew up to even have those items have uber skills etc, and some of them started after the "golden era". I don't have their permission to say names, but from what I see, with knowing EU for 11 years now, it is easier than ever to grow, make a bit of cash, have some fun on the ride and never be out of options.

Sometimes items which are considered a waste of time now, may well be uber in the future.

Eventually MA will stop dropping rings, maybe they move onto ankle bracelets who knows. But when the rings do stop, the standard rings become more rare (the event rings are already rare).

What if in 10 years people are paying 10K ped for adjust HP ring....it could happen.

What about pets, 'useless' ped eaters many players say now. What if in 5 yeas from now EU pet fighting is all the rage, and the uber pets now have huge values.

What about apartments, if MA decided to let us grow our own fruits or make them more useful in some way. Then standard estate values become very valuable.

It's said that back in early days people used to TT shadow as so much of it dropped in loot.

There will always be new items that MA will drop and maybe wish they hadn't in years to come as the game moves forward, and it goes down different roads.

Does it really matter, it's entertainment. Do what makes you happy, anything else is a bonus. We don't have to spend a fortune in here.

Rick

deactivated

Last edited:
Back