Update?

Meric

Guardian
Society
Knowing
Harry Meric Darkstar
So where are we with dealing with this important resource?

I have just been trying to update the Cyrene stuff, and can't get anywhere.

Are we really going to let this rot?

So where are we with dealing with this important resource?

I have just been trying to update the Cyrene stuff, and can't get anywhere.

Are we really going to let this rot?

What do you mean with "Can't get anywhere" ? I have updated things lately and it works fine for me.

Yes - many things can be updated.

However, most of the Cyrene missions are showing positions before the planet was remodelled, and the locations need to be changed.

The problem appears to be that this must be done via the maps, which don't work any longer!

I had hoped that the burst of activity in sorting this earlier this year would have born fruit - but it appears not. :(

Three things that don't work:
  • 'Maps & Locations' have been completely broken for several years now;
  • Mission specs cannot be edited - this is likely a different issue because missions without coordinates cannot be edited either;
  • 'Range' field for weapons cannot be added/changed - this is purely because RANGE is now an SQL reserved word (it wasn't back in the day Entropedia was created).

Otherwise, it more or less works.

There might be other issues - I reckon 'range' doesn't work for mining finders either - but haven't checked everything.

Yes - many things can be updated.

However, most of the Cyrene missions are showing positions before the planet was remodelled, and the locations need to be changed.

The problem appears to be that this must be done via the maps, which don't work any longer!

I had hoped that the burst of activity in sorting this earlier this year would have born fruit - but it appears not. :(

What I've noticed most seem to be doing with the Calypso missions (and mobs etc) is simply to note the locations in the general text, with a note to ignore locations on the Entropedia maps/locations.

What I've noticed most seem to be doing with the Calypso missions (and mobs etc) is simply to note the locations in the general text, with a note to ignore locations on the Entropedia maps/locations.

Or people can look here in the Creatures subforum where we're trying to keep up-to-date location info, and could use more input from forum users on good spawns that we don't already have listed.

Or people can look here in the Creatures subforum where we're trying to keep up-to-date location info, and could use more input from forum users on good spawns that we don't already have listed.

Well, yes, certainly. And that's ideal for Calypso creatures - but perhaps not so useful for the Cyrene NPCs and creatures, which is what the OP was concerned about.

Well, yes, certainly. And that's ideal for Calypso creatures - but perhaps not so useful for the Cyrene NPCs and creatures, which is what the OP was concerned about.

Fair point :D

Back