Planet calypso content release 2016.2.2

No, with 105% returns so you can make free money and bankrupt MA.

More like you can pay to plant flowers that look nice but generate no revenue it probably another decoration option.

I can only think of few things worth planting, the fruits for making nutrio bars. What else would you plant besides flowers trees and other decorations in this game?

I guess unless they make vegetables that act like H pills and heal you or something.

Just double checked, and all crafted materials needed have existing BPs.

Am tempted to believe that MA intentionally created then torched an "industry", but the housing still needs composite planks, so unless there's already enough made ingame for every house possible....

Can confirm the lack of harvestable trees right now on Caly...
If composite planks turn out to be rare then I can supply quite a few, but I don't want to be a part of yet another failed system that annoys players in the extreme.
I would thus want to wait to make sure that the mats as a whole are going to be available for all stages - and information from MA on what is planned and what is bugged!

More like you can pay to plant flowers that look nice but generate no revenue it probably another decoration option.

I can only think of few things worth planting, the fruits for making nutrio bars. What else would you plant besides flowers trees and other decorations in this game?

I guess unless they make vegetables that act like H pills and heal you or something.

Who knows, one day we might be able/be forced to craft our skill boost pills, and other types of pills too... :p

Who knows, one day we might be able/be forced to craft our skill boost pills, and other types of pills too... :p

Well I don't own any plots but I did fly over to the Ithaca plot area last night and the layouts are looking decent. the new street layout may make for nice villages.

wow, new (unactivated) content ! cool :eyecrazy:

Seems like harvesting is bugged though. I just tried two areas and could not find a singe harvest-able tree. And yes, they are areas where I've found trees before :)

There was a temporary issue with harvesting that has now been fixed. :)

can you check if there is an issue with pvp that needs to be fixed ?
Everything works as intended?

can you check if there is an issue with pvp that needs to be fixed ?
Everything works as intended?

Answer him please! Alot of us are risking loot everyday in lootable pvp.. We deserve some kind of response and Messi has been asking this every patch!

plants that refine/craft into skill/stat pills

or... dare I say it... NANOCUBE TREES

What drops short stinktree boards

Bristlehog used to but not often (one or two loots in 100 ped on small ones).

You can hope for drop rates to be adjusted but knowing MA I'd rather expect robot to start dropping timber. /s

Neconu drop long stinktree boards.
Got lots of neconu on my landarea, ola43

I can't make screenshots, because I use windows 10, all screenshots are black, and the known fixes for earlier windows versions don't work. Else I would provide some more information, as I'm the first to start building on the plots.

What I find weird though, is that according to HoF: I am the first to build, and I have "found" a 249ped item.
Yet I have no such item in my inventory, so that really got me confused.

But I think I understand it now.
When starting to build, it showed me I'm building a 6x6 tiles house.
Now that it's done, it shows nothing, except sparkling circles above those 6x6 tiles.
A medium plot is 18x18 tiles

So basically, this means that for a medium plot, I need to do foundation on 18x18 tiles by making it with 6x6 tiles.
It has cost me around 5000 ped.
So to do full foundation, that would require me to do foundation 9 times!
So that would cost me around 45.000 ped for a medium plot, to just finish phase 1.
And then next phases still need to start... I expect a similar building way for those phases.

Last edited:
I expect a lot of people to put their plots for sale soon, it's pretty expensive :p

Hope it'll be worth it though

For those interested, I will stream, cause I can't make screenshots.
So you can see the foundation part.

https://www.twitch.tv/rampsy88

Last edited:
I can't make screenshots, because I use windows 8, all screenshots are black, and the known fixes for earlier windows versions don't work. Else I would provide some more information, as I'm the first to start building on the plots.

Two potential fixes:
1. Press alt+enter which will make you game leave "full screen mode" for a moment (you can return it again to full screen mode pressing alt+enter again) then just take the printscreen and it will work just fine.
2. Use a third party for taking printscreens; I use the free version from fraps and it works flawlesly even in full screen mode.

But I think I understand it now.
Now that it's done, it shows nothing, except sparkling circles above those 6x6 tiles.

So basically, this means that for a medium plot, I need to do foundation on 18x18 tiles by making it with 6x6 tiles.
It has cost me around 5000 ped.
So to do full foundation, that would require me to do foundation 9 times!
So that would cost me around 45.000 ped for a medium plot, to just finish phase 1.
And then next phases still need to start... I expect a similar building way for those phases.

The way I interpreted this is that only a 6x6 house is needed and the rest of the plot will be the garden... doubt they are so crazy to really expect many people to pay 45k peds for finishing phase I on a medium plot.

The way I interpreted this is that only a 6x6 house is needed and the rest of the plot will be the garden... doubt they are so crazy to really expect many people to pay 45k peds for finishing phase I on a medium plot.

Actually i think you will have to pay for each plot. There is plenty of space in the interface for additional building options. This first one is the farming structure so I assume there will be other structures you can build later such as the fishing structure... and yes Im sure you will have to go through all the building phases for each.

The space remaining where you wont be able to place anything is probably space for misc trees and such

and I completely believe they are crazy enough to expect people to pay that much to build up their lots. Have you not been playing this game long? :)

First of all, thank you very much for sharing some info. It is absolutely ludicrous that MA can release something like this with the level of info they have given us - and it is crazy to think anyone will lift a finger when MA have their own fingers §$%&/ up &/(&$ $%&/s! But you have done, so I sort of salute you for that.

Questions: did you get to select a 6x6 area to work on? The small plots have 8x8 tiles, you see, so I'd expect to be able to choose a 'corner' (or rather my open edges).
Is the house you are able to build called the 'colonist snug'? Or rather, does it use the materials mentioned earlier in the thread, or much more?
I wouldn't have thought it would cost 5k peds, even with mus. Maybe you do indeed have something different in progress... and you say you are just on phase one?

Actually i think you will have to pay for each plot. There is plenty of space in the interface for additional building options. This first one is the farming structure so I assume there will be other structures you can build later such as the fishing structure... and yes Im sure you will have to go through all the building phases for each.

The space remaining where you wont be able to place anything is probably space for misc trees and such

and I completely believe they are crazy enough to expect people to pay that much to build up their lots. Have you not been playing this game long? :)

A small plot does not have outside item points. I think a medium plot does. So I am thinking garden for medium and large plots, and the cost of the house the same as small plot

I don't think so, because it lets me do first phase again apparently.
I'll give more information when I get enough materials, which will be today.
I was gonna have it last night (when I wanted to stream), but my internet provider suddenly had a crash, so no more internet around here...

First of all, thank you very much for sharing some info. It is absolutely ludicrous that MA can release something like this with the level of info they have given us - and it is crazy to think anyone will lift a finger when MA have their own fingers §$%&/ up &/(&$ $%&/s! But you have done, so I sort of salute you for that.

Questions: did you get to select a 6x6 area to work on? The small plots have 8x8 tiles, you see, so I'd expect to be able to choose a 'corner' (or rather my open edges).
Is the house you are able to build called the 'colonist snug'? Or rather, does it use the materials mentioned earlier in the thread, or much more?
I wouldn't have thought it would cost 5k peds, even with mus. Maybe you do indeed have something different in progress... and you say you are just on phase one?

- Yes, you can choose where to build the house. It's a little like "The Sims", where you choose where you put a table for example.
- Yes, the house is the colonist snug. Or at least, I received the HoF for being first to discover the colonist snug. But I have no item in inventory.
- Yes it has cost me around 5000 ped, but I expect this price to drop eventually.
Keep in mind that some items, like T-Angle (and in later phase Angle & Bend) are rare. They existed already, but were very rare. I know some friends who had a few, but only like a bp with 30 clicks or so, while they play for lots of years & have like 400k + skills. So almost nobody had them, crafting them costs a lot. With the update, I expect that more bp's will drop, so over time, price will drop, especially once people found out how much it costs to build, I expect lots of people will drop out & resell their plot, so less people will ask for the ingredients. I expect that price will eventually drop to around 2000 or so for the first phase 6x6.

Also:
All plots have the same materials, I can confirm this, as I own a medium & 2 large plots, and they are the same materials as small plots.

So as I expect, I'll need to do foundation multiple times, which would be logical then, since materials for small & large are the same, large would require to do the phases more often.

But lets face it, if medium would already be 45k, I'm not yet thinking of doing the large plot...

A small plot does not have outside item points. I think a medium plot does. So I am thinking garden for medium and large plots, and the cost of the house the same as small plot

I can confirm that Medium & Large do NOT have outside item points.
The have the exact same options as small & small+

I partly take back my recent words, as there is now a small amount of information on the land plots page: http://www.planetcalypso.com/opportunities/land-plots/#building

I don't see why you should need to put down more foundations on bigger plots - you will just have undeveloped squares and a snug on a 6x6 wherever you choose within the plot.....

Ok, I guess initial mus may be quite high, indeed! Have you now got a snug sitting on one of your plots then, Rampsy?

ALSO: we have the dreaded words "A later release ..." for actually growing vegetables. Furthermore, I don't understand/want to know more about the construction points concept. Where does the industry point come from which we need to build the snug in the first place, and are points linked to the avatar or the plot in some way?
If we demolish a building, will the points disappear, or are we 'supposed' to knock stuff down again in order to be able to build a higher level construction?

Frankly, why would anyone buy a selection of car parts months before all the parts you need are available, and without even knowing what the stats of the car will be (or what other cars may be available)?

AND - how the hell can we expect stuff like a new space update later this year or early next when land plots are trickling content drop by drop?

I can confirm that Medium & Large do NOT have outside item points.
The have the exact same options as small & small+

What about points generated when finished?

I hope they improve the drop rate on the short stinktree boards. those are a pain to get

It seems you can currently build on isle of troy, even though it says you can only at the other 2 locations.

@Spawn: I have no idea how the point system works, sorry. Can't give information about that.

@Jetsina: I do not yet have a house on the plot, it was just phase 1 that I had completed, I'm currently busy with phase 2, in 3 hours it will be finished. I'm also very close to getting all materials for phase 3, so I expect the whole building to be ready in 2 days.

About the costs, I have found out the following now:

1. I did foundation for that building
2. I can do more foundations for more buildings
3. I was also able to do phase 2 for the building I already made

So the above shows me that we can make multiple buildings, but that we don't need to do phase 1 for all buildings before starting phase 2.
A building has 30 points inside.

Seeing how the building has 30 points and phase 3 has the following description:
Insulation is added to maintain a warmer indoor climate.
I think that actually the gardening doesn't happen on the plot, but in the actual house.
The house is probably like a greenhouse. So that means, more houses will be able to generate more vegetables.

That's just my idea.
We'll see when it's finished. In 2 days I expect to be able to give more details.

Back