Question: How to make money?

DoA

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Daughter of Anarchy
Disclaimer: I know that this thread will offend some people and I want to apologize from the start; it is definitely not a trolling attempt or anything like that, but what I consider to be a very legit question.

In all games I ever player (true, not RCE ones) there was one common principle - to progress you had to invest money, time or a combination between the two and the more time you was willing to put in, the lesser your money investment had to be. Now I do understand that this can't be true in a RCE game like EU, since (across the board) money going out will always be less than the money going in, which means that is almost impossible (maybe except the people with uber gear) to "beat the house" (as in have positive TT returns) and, if you are to make profit, said profit must come from other players. And yeah, while the most common way to make profit from other players is represented by smart hunting/mining/crafting (aiming for the markup) and selling with enough markup to compensate for your TT loses, personally I find that unreliable - I don't have the guts, I don't have the skills, I don't have the knowledge and, probably, I don't even have the brain to figure out how to do it properly.

That leaves me with a single general option for making money (because, yeah, I do admit, I am here to make money out of EU) - providing a service that people will need. Now my honest question is what kind of such services there are around here which would allow me to "sell my time" in exchange of other people's money.

There is of course sweating, which allows you to make up to 1 PED ($0.10) per hour. There is also fruit walking, which while rather volatile and not giving out any skills, allows yo to make up to 1.5 PED ($0.15) per hour. There is also the oil rig (or their RT/Cyrene/Toulan alternatives), where I honestly have no idea how much you can make per hour and how reliable they are since I never really tried them.

Then there's of course some classic services like healing, support damage, cosmetics, but from what I've seen the market is saturated with people working only for skills, so there's not really room for making money out of them. There's also the taxi service, but that basically means taking money from people who are even more poor than you are (and couldn't afford a flying vehicle), and that's against my principles - as said, I'd rather take money from people that have plenty of them and just want to save some time, then from people who are in a ever worse situation than mine. There's also trading of course, but again, I don't have neither the guts, the heart, the mout or the brain of a trader... being able to predict market trends, being able to negoiate with people and talk them into buying or selling, taking advantage of a persons missfortune - all these are things I just can't do.

So... again... any idea of any other low-level (unqualified) job where I can only invest my time (and not also requiring expensive money investments or top knowledge or analysis abilities) and manage to make more PEDs / money per hour than in the case of sweating (1 PED / hour), fruit walking (~1.5 PED / hour) or oil rigging?

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated; please refrain for any trolling or "go get a RL job" references; thank you in advance!

-----

Added later, as replay to Manique's post; added it here too since it better clarifies what I meant to ask:

Sweating (to a higher degree, because of higher consistency) or fruit walking (to a lower degree, because of lower consistency) are both OK; I do them at the moment and I even kinda enjoy them.

Pretty much I'm looking for something similar (eventually paid a bit better) - low level, boring job that anyone could do, but that most others just don't feel doing because they are just that... boring. So, really, not looking for any secrets or for ways of making tons of money, but more like just for options that are "common knowledge" to say so, but which most people just can't be arsed to be bothered with, because they value their time at higher than one dollar for 4-5 hours of "work", though leaving an open niche for someone like me, who wouldn't mind to do some boring "job" for $0.20 - $0.25 per hour.

If nothing else will come out, I'll continue doing what I do now (sweating mostly) and that's it; but thought that it wouldn't hurt asking if there may not be something else that I'm just missing. Yeah, I want EU to pay for my next computer and I'm willing to put 2k, 4k, 6k, 8k or 10k hours into it if that's what it takes, but yeah, obviously, if it's possible to do it with 8k hours instead of 10k hours, I'd rather prefer that. :p

Last edited:
So let me get this straight

Your plan is to make money out of EU,

But ....
you dont have the gut to risk hunting
you dont have the gut to do trading
you dont have the gut to learn the market threads
you dont have the gut to learn of others experiences of even with some small mistakes
Also you dont seem to like the idea of sweating/fruit walking
and i assume you also dont have the gut to seek good advise.

So what you want is basicly people, telling publicly, how to make cash, without doing either the boring stuff, or risking anything, or without having skills, gear or anything more relevant to provide more worthy services?
Just these days most mod2350/2600 and adj fappers heal for decay and some tip.
The "noob" market and such services are rather flooded, reason why most healers are decay healers.

You ask the wrong question, the wrong way, and in the wrong place possibly.
Best advise i'll give you, venture out, read and learn from others mistakes, make your own mistakes to learn.
There will be only so much you can learn on PCF, past that, its going to always be a censorship/shitfest/tinfoil hat party.

Don't expect much of such thread, even tho you apologized in advance.
You might have someone publicly tell you here but most likelly, if there's going to be anyone, will be private if they want to reveal some "magic form" and yet again, why would they? they'd make you their competition in their niche market.

Most making a better income of services are healers with higher end tools, that got a loyal costumer base or traders, and that is for services.

Hope that helped

Reactions: DoA
It's actually not that difficult to profit but you have to be prepared to take risks. And given that you aren't, you should instead....

... Buy deeds (except Compet). They are a passive investment with the best chance of a consistent positive return and the resale value is reasonably stable.

Compet is a very high risk investment right now. People who get in early could do quite well but the whole app may flop and leave deed owners holding worthless e-paper. For all the criticism of EU, CLDs and AUDs at least have a proven track record that allows their value to be assessed.

Regards,
KikkiJikki

(...) without doing either the boring stuff (...)

Sorry if I was not very clear in my post. I do make money out of EU at this very moment, I just want to see if I can make more money out of EU. Sweating (to a higher degree, because of higher consistency) or fruit walking (to a lower degree, because of lower consistency) are both OK; I do them at the moment and I even kinda enjoy them.

Pretty much I'm looking for something similar (eventually paid a bit better) - low level, boring job that anyone could do, but that most others just don't feel doing because they are just that... boring. So, really, not looking for any secrets or for ways of making tons of money, but more like just for options that are "common knowledge" to say so, but which most people just can't be arsed to be bothered with, because they value their time at higher than one dollar for 4-5 hours of "work", though leaving an open niche for someone like me, who wouldn't mind to do some boring "job" for $0.20 - $0.25 per hour.

If nothing else will come out, I'll continue doing what I do now (sweating mostly) and that's it; but thought that it wouldn't hurt asking if there may not be something else that I'm just missing. Yeah, I want EU to pay for my next computer and I'm willing to put 2k, 4k, 6k, 8k or 10k hours into it if that's what it takes, but yeah, obviously, if it's possible to do it with 8k hours instead of 10k hours, I'd rather prefer that. :p

Last edited:
It's actually not that difficult to profit

This.

The economy is in a decent place right now.

It's not that difficult to make 10-15 ped/hr mining with amps for example, don't need any secret knowledge. All the information is out there, you just have to do a bit of research and have the appropriate skills/tools. At level 3-4 you can start using Finder F-105, which can search most ores/enmatters. So compared to crafting or hunting, mining has a very small barrier to entry with very strong profit potential. Most people just find it boring.

In terms of "risk", the risk actually pretty low as long as you have a bankroll. If your bankroll is small (500-1000 PEDs), you can mine unamped instead. Profit will probably be similar to what you get from fruit walking, but at least you can build up skills and build enough faith in your results to start using amps.

Migration is a decent time to start, as most heavy miners will be hunting on Calypso. Markups will naturally rise assuming crafting activity doesn't dip too much.

But ....
you dont have the gut to risk hunting
you dont have the gut to do trading
you dont have the gut to learn the market threads
you dont have the gut to learn of others experiences of even with some small mistakes
and i assume you also dont have the gut to seek good advise.

And...You forgot the part where he says (in other words) " I also don"t want a RL job, so don"t even mention it"
Maybe the best option is for people to just give you any profits they make daily.

*Extra

since I've been trying to be positive, I will give you some Real advice.
Everybody in all forums has noticed by now, that you love to type, and type and type.
So go to Fiverr.com , create an account and sell 500 words to bloggers for $5 (50 ped)
If you are good at it, you can make more that you ever will ingame.

**end of extra />

Quin

*Extra

Everybody in all forums has noticed by now, that you love to type, and type and type.
So go to Fiverr.com , create an account and sell 500 words to bloggers for $5 (50 ped)

**end of extra />

Quin

I almost fell out of my chair laughing

I don't want to go down the fighting route, so I won't argue with any of the people that tried to attack me; I just want to politely ask that if you have anythign constructive and on-topic to say to do so, if you just want to troll or go off-topic then please just ignore this thread and move on to your business (which I'm sure are more pleasant and important than this).

*on-topic: in-game money earning options
*off-topic: real like money earning options

Last edited:
And...You forgot the part where he says (in other words) " I also don"t want a RL job, so don"t even mention it"
Maybe the best option is for people to just give you any profits they make daily.

*Extra

**end of extra />

Quin

Roflol. You just gave me a great start of they day :)

As it has been said, other than what has been already stated that you want to do.. you're going to have to find your own path. Outside of passive investments, advertising or event draw jobs that you've previously rejected on your other avatars, or sweat/fruit walking.. everything else has a level of risk you will need to manage.

There are no guaranteed very low level boring jobs in this game. I'm not sure Greenleaf still does his mining thing but maybe you could consider that.

Greenleaf still does his mining thing but maybe you could consider that.

They are not hiring afaik.

I told one of my mining disciples recently, "Don't do Greenleaf, you won't want to split your profits".

She hit a 1k and 400 PED HOF mining unamped in her first week and thanked me profusely for that advice :laugh:

While 300% TT return is somewhat unlikely, she would have still been in profit without the 1k hit because she was focusing on markup.

But if you are that allergic to risk then it's worth a try I suppose. That would definitely be an ideal situation for you.

Last edited:
As it has been said, other than what has been already stated that you want to do.. you're going to have to find your own path. Outside of passive investments, advertising or event draw jobs that you've previously rejected on your other avatars, or sweat/fruit walking.. everything else has a level of risk you will need to manage.

There are no guaranteed very low level boring jobs in this game. I'm not sure Greenleaf still does his mining thing but maybe you could consider that.

Yeah, basically I was looking for the RL equivalent of a "job" (not gambling, investment or running a business) - something where you show up, do your thing, and at the end of the day/week/month you get your paycheck, but yeah, you confirmed me that, indeed, except the ones we both mentioned, it doesn't seem to be anything like that. :(

Thank you for the replay; also thank you for the hint about Greenleaf's project, although we had our fair share of divergencies (not fights, but still divergencies), so doubt he would be willing to hire me. Sorry I couldn't +rep you now, because I just did it on your log thread (I noted down that I owe you one though and, as sure as the platform will allow me, I'll sure get back to it).

But if you are that allergic to risk then it's worth I try I suppose. That would definitely be an ideal situation for you.

Yeah, I hate risk, just as I hate variability or unpredictability... I even find it too risky to fruit walk and prefer to sweat (although the averages tend to be higher on fruit walking) because I don't really have a "guarantee" that I'll find any fruits - lol. Given a 100% chance at one dollar or a 99% chance at one thousand dollar, I'd probably take the one dollar and happily go buy myself some candies, instead of taking the 1% chance that I may not get anything - lol.

Last edited:
I don't know why you bother starting threads when after a few replies you ask for it to be closed or say it should be closed. There are people on here who will troll or give bad advice....or sometimes sound advice but not want you want to hear.

Read through other peoples threads and you will see many people post off topic...it just happens. Get over it and let the thread die by itself or don't bother starting one in the first place.

Now with regards to "jobs" in EU, have you considered trying to buy/sell on peoples behalf? a trader but without the need to have peds or complete the trade yourself? essentially a middleman or woman...to be honest i don't know which you are. Its a boring job, no one likes hanging around trying to find a buyer or seller all day...I myself would rather go hunting than spend my time posting messages in trade chats all the time.

If you work for a buyer, find out the price they will pay for the item they want (their min/max, etc) and have different levels of commission for yourself. Say if you get the item at their min, you get a bigger commission. If you get it at their max you get less of a commission.

If you work for a seller, do the same but reverse, the higher you find a buyer the more you earn. This is a job you can do while you are sweating as well, so you can keep doing what you do...although you may be limited if you have been blocked on any trade channels.

Anyway, I will get you started if you want...I need an A104 amp...if you can find someone willing to sell to me for +130 you will get 10 ped, I will give you 50 pec less for each extra ped it costs me, my max is +148 which i will give you 1 ped. Commission is paid once the trade is made. If you want to take me up on it, PM me.

I don't know why you bother starting threads when after a few replies you ask for it to be closed or say it should be closed. There are people on here who will troll or give bad advice....or sometimes sound advice but not want you want to hear.

Read through other peoples threads and you will see many people post off topic...it just happens. Get over it and let the thread die by itself or don't bother starting one in the first place.

My bad; I wasn't clear enough (it happens when English is not your native language). But to make it clear, I never intended to asked for thread to be closed (as in locked) by the admins; I indeed used the word "close" (changed to "ignore" now after reading your message to avoid future confusions) as in "close the tab with the thread".

And I'm greatful for any advice (even if it's not what I want to hear), as long as it is within the limits of what I ask... but when I specifically mentioned (kindly I think) that I'm only interested in in-game options, not in real life ones, I kinda expect the minimum curtosy for people to respect my request.

For your suggestion though I honestly thank you; not sure how much it will suit me, but is sure a good idea to sleep over.

Last edited:
I kinda expect the minimum curtosy for people to respect my request.

This part is the problem right here, don't expect people to do anything the way you want. It's like going to the grocery store and expecting people to put their cart to the side while they grab something from the shelf or to not stop directly in front of you to look at their phone.

People will do the opposite of what you expect more often than not and it will be frustrating, but there is not really anything you can do about it. Ignore them its the best way....if they don't get a reply from you regarding it they will move on to someone else, or in this case another thread.

This part is the problem right here, don't expect people to do anything the way you want. It's like going to the grocery store and expecting people to put their cart to the side while they grab something from the shelf or to not stop directly in front of you to look at their phone.

People will do the opposite of what you expect more often than not and it will be frustrating, but there is not really anything you can do about it. Ignore them its the best way....if they don't get a reply from you regarding it they will move on to someone else, or in this case another thread.

Very smart and well said and, indeed, that's a lesson I never managed to learn yet (but I still try so there is still hope - lol) - I kinda expect from people (especially from people that, unlike me, are grownup, respectable adults) to behave mature and politely and indeed it is frustrating when they don't (both online and offline).

There are no secret "jobs" to do in EU that will bring steady income. Everything is out there. Do ur thing, do research and u will profit. Some people spend months or years to gather enough data and then being able to profit, none of them will give you any of their research here openly in forum. They do share their info with likeminded people, so i will be straight forward and tell you - step up ur game!

Also as u stated there is no option for whatever investment from you it wouldnt be fo you, but i can hint that currently there is HUGE profit opportunity advertised in sales thread. Up to you to find it and decide if u want to take the game to whole new level.

Cheers
Soko

Deeds. Buy enough cld to give roi high enough to buy an aud weekly or eventually daily... done. About 3k or 5k usd would be good start. Trade your time irl at part time job to raise that initial investment

Last edited:
I don't know if it is still viable, but back when harvesting first started, people would find level three trees and offer in the trade channel to sell the location for, I think, a ped. Maybe combine this with fruit walking.

There is no other relieable way to make more than 1 - 1.5 ped/hour other than sweating i even doubt you can make that much constantly with fruit walking since its random and require luck to find any fruits.

Thats it as long you dont want to use some of your peds to start a buissnes or risk some of it on activities.

dps service
healing others
pulling mobs together for lazy people with rocket launchers
yelling ads for shops or other people services on populated areas like twin peaks
mentoring new people
hanging out on the oil rig
hunting player in lootable pvp
Selling Signature pics or avatar pics on pcf for peds

they are all situational and you might spend hours or days waiting for somoene who is willing to pay you for this. Some involve pvp and the risk of ammo

Not sure what it take to build structures on land plots now, maybe its profitable for a short time again to chop woods ?

I think everyone else has said what really needs to be said, but I'd also like to add that risk is pretty much your issue if you want to make more ped consistently. Other than deeds everything else takes either a ped investment or the willingness to dive into something new and put up with possible wasted time, if not money, trying something and number crunching.

Generally I've also found that of you really want to make ped in this game you need repeat customers. People who enjoyed the experience of trading with you or hiring you etc. You may wish to spend a little time working out how to get along with the playerbase a little better than you do now. Whether it's their fault or yours that you currently don't, you're only in control of your own reactions.

DoA. You were in my society for a few months. You had access to our private forum. There were plenty of Jobs there.
1 event promotor
2 event hoster
3 transporter (getting people back to the tp after an event)
4 event creator
5 miner escort

And those were only the ones from the landarea. Sinner runs a transport service with his xxx privateer.
Pilot? Recruiter? Animation?

Plenty of hunters that like to be healed. Our society is number 18 on the entropialife hunting board.

All you had to do is ask.

If there really was some mythical "job" which earned a decent (I mean like, at least your countries minimum wage, which I believe for you is Romania, 7.44 lei/hr or 1.8$/hr or 18ped/hr) wage, and you expect to be told about it on a public forum, where that job/idea would be instantly swamped by undercutting, desperate people, then you're literally mad.

If you can't be bothered to sit down, with a pen and paper, and work out what you could do to make some money, and with patience (which I assume you have) and time (which I assume you have because you're not bothered about working IRL) then I can't see why anyone should be bothered to help you by divining their knowledge for absolutely free.

Or perhaps, you could get a part time job? Your grasp of English is obviously very good, would there not be a position in a local paper or even national paper as a translator / copy editor? Or a job as a waitress? Or a job as a shop worker? Even working 10 hours a week would pay you $18, at minimum wage. That's enough to deposit 700ped a month.

I really don't like to see free-loading, because when I was 15 I had a job (delivery person for a local shop) which paid £2/hr, and worked 12 hours a week. At 16 & 17, I had a job (looking after kids at a restaurant/playhouse thing) which paid £4.10/hr, and worked 24 hours a week. At 18, before university, I had a job (waiting tables) which paid £5.50/hr and I worked 60 hours a week. I had a job throughout university (bar staff, waiting tables, cleaning) which averaged £7/hr, worked about 20 hours in the study season and 50 in the off season. Since university I've had jobs which moved from an hourly wage to a salary, then to a salary + commission, and now to a very comfortable salary + bonus + car + benefits etc etc.

Throughout all of these jobs, I've played Entropia. It was annoying in the early days, depositing $40 a month and blasting it in a week, because we had no SIB, no information, etc. It was painful playing through uni because I could only afford $10-20 a month (the rest went on "books" (booze)).

Now, I'm comfortable playing (as you will if you're still playing at 29).

I reiterate. If you want to play for free / earn for free (because this game does not "create" anything in the world) then use your brain, take a look at the markets, and be prepared to risk and speculate.

deactivated

Last edited:
outside ways are the best to guarentee, other than working which as been stated above, try survey pages from respectable sites, i use mysurvey. When you get surveys, it equates to approx £3-4/hour, obviously you only get so many surveys, but doing them all can net £5-7 per week for a couple of hours. Payments are to paypal.

mysurvey is worldwide so should be accessable

outside jobwise, if you don't want a proper employment, try doing small tasks for people like going shopping for the old/disabled(hope for tips, can't expect them), gardening, washing cars, pet/child sitting, and so on.

ingame, the ways have been stated, looking for buyers/sellers, event control, transporting, sweting/fruiting, use these methods to raise 55ped and buy a AUD, repeat

Last edited:
...And yeah, while the most common way to make profit from other players is represented by smart hunting/mining/crafting (aiming for the markup) and selling with enough markup to compensate for your TT loses, personally I find that unreliable - I don't have the guts, I don't have the skills, I don't have the knowledge and, probably, I don't even have the brain to figure out how to do it properly...

These are limiting beliefs - beliefs which will keep you from getting to the next level. With this mindset you should definitely stick to just sweating and fruit walking. Not trying to be mean, but in this game you gotta nut up if you want more than just to sweat and fruit walk. Find the guts, work for the skills, attain the knowledge and definitely make your brain figure out how to do it properly. Or just keep sweating and fruit walking.

If you do not want to invest and take risk their is not solution to get a "monthly" income from the game, but you have another solution : opportunities. Learn the game, study it, be very carrefull on events, what happends, what's planned, and then you will have time to time opportunities to raise some money.

But don't dream : if you do not want to invest, to risk and to learn the game their is no solution for you. If any method exists nobody will never explain you what to do, you have to find by yourself. When time to time i find a nice opportunity to make money i know that if i say it to anybody then the day after this solution will not work anymore.

Back