cant play

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Its been a couple weeks since I logged in, so I thought id come try some Eomon, take stock of stuff.

Most frustrating 4 hours I can recall in my gaming history over the last 4 years in all honesty. It took 20 minutes to tt only a small amount of things since it took so long to just select and drag an item.

The lag/latency whatever is just beyond anything I have ever experienced. This is the only game that behaves this way at the moment.

My system has 32 mb memory....dual gpu, tons of space, multicore processing....so its not a hardware issue.

I logged in and out a total of 15 times, managed to tt 7k worth of stuff on RT and make it to space.

Now I literally cant even align back to Caly as the latency is literally 15-30 seconds behind. One movement now means 15-30 seconds from now it registers. It takes 15-30 seconds of doing nothing before the ship stops moving again.

even logging in takes 5-10 minutes for the loading screen to disappear....literally.

Anyone else have anything like this occur? any ideas?

I did all updates, new drivers, killed all background services, and nothing helps.

Standard support emails really wont help here, and besides I still have open tickets going on 7 months as it is.

Would love some help on this as I just want to log in to start selling my crap.

Maybe try using "safe mode" from the client loader, or clicking the new "reset" button (it used to be clear shader cache?).
Wish I had better suggestion.

No this lag isn't natural. The only place I faced lag constantly is Zomhattan. I'm on Caly for several days and it's percectly alrighty everywhere I go!
From what you descibe to me mean something doesn't seem right with your system.
1. First of all you need to check your connection. Try another computer if you can or another place to see what is the result with the connection speed. Try the speed test through Google (test my speed)
2. If I was you I could try to check and clean my system too, maybe your system is infected.
3. Another possibility is that might you have a "broken" driver or ......

re-install (clean install) Entropia

That's what I can think of

FYI From my test (home): ping 21 ms - download speed 13.12 MBps - upload 0.85 MBps ( I don't dare to post my office, some ppl could cry lol)

update: all the above have a meaning if your pc hardware is healthy and all fans are working properly! example since it's summer at north hemesphere - If your fan dies then CPU dies instantly with it ;)

Last edited:
with 32 MB of memory i don't expect even the bios of system to run...

i know you meant 32 GB, with 8GB you would be fine...

dual gpu? Not supported...

Multi core? at least 4 cores with 2 threads per core, for cry-engine...

SSD or HDD?

Last edited:
SSD or HDD?

Does realy count for play a game or this game in he's system? Everything fit in memory!!! disk doesn't work much anyway. I could worry more about network and graphic adapter or a burned already CPU who just work before is gone forever :)

As memory I assume he meant 32 Giga and not Mega byte lol

Does realy count for play a game or this game in he's system? Everything fit in memory!!! disk doesn't work much anyway.

Oh it does, SSD vs HDD makes a big difference in EU. Everything would fit in memory but the game doesn't put everything in memory at once. For me EU rarely takes up more 1.5 gb of ram (out of 32) so lots of exchanges between the ram and the disk happen as you travel.

But what works total magic is installing EU in ramdisk, 32gb+ is asking for it. I tried this one, EU starts literally instantly and transitions on teleportations, between instances, space/planets etc happen almost instantly too. I don't really use it, as I run a lot of other shit along with EU and have better use for that ram and 0.5s loading time vs 5s doesn't matter that much for practical purposes, but when I toyed around with it for a while it felt really mind blowing.

Oh it does, SSD vs HDD makes a big difference in EU. Everything would fit in memory but the game doesn't put everything in memory at once. For me EU rarely takes up more 1.5 gb of ram (out of 32) so lots of exchanges between the ram and the disk happen as you travel.

But what works total magic is installing EU in ramdisk, 32gb+ is asking for it. I tried this one, EU starts literally instantly and transitions on teleportations, between instances, space/planets etc happen almost instantly too. I don't really use it, as I run a lot of other shit along with EU and have better use for that ram and 0.5s loading time vs 5s doesn't matter that much for practical purposes, but when I toyed around with it for a while it felt really mind blowing.

Why you put me in this now??? :laugh: I have an SSD in a drawer sitting there for some time, now I need to do the test and put it for work! Also thinking of testing ramdisk because I only use my pc for Entropia lately.
Thanks for the update SV

Last edited:
What does your latency say?

You can mouse over the lower right hand corner of the radar to get the latency from you to the server.

Can you do a tracert to login.entropiauniverse.com? Look for an abnormally high hop time, contact your isp if any.

Looks like a routing problem given than all the other games work fine.

PS: This happens to me sometimes btw, a couple of days later and without changing anything everything works fine again. The problem is not on your side.

PS2: My traceroute takes 11 hops with ~65ms on the last RTTs. If you want a base point.

Last edited:

Thanks for this info Svarog ;)
I am going to see if it can be done with my 8GB of memory :scratch2:
I already have a SSD for EU only and a HHD for all other crap on the same PC of course :yup:

Edit, EU takes almost 14GB on my SSD so i assume that i need like a minimum of 24GB to run it properly with this RamDisk :scratch2:
:laugh: i haven't done any reading on it yet which i should before posting :laugh:

After some reading and vids https://youtu.be/ywAAHuCshnA?t=5m10s
Nah, no need for Ram Disk :laugh:

Last edited:
Back