ToS racing 2016/2017 - total prizepool: 27,000ped+

Society
Titans of Space
John Black Knight
Today Titans of Space Starfleet celebrate 5 years in the space transport service.
Established on the 1st of July 2011 we are proud to be the longest standing regular space transport provider. We have been offereing safe transport continuously throughout this time, investing heavily in our fleet and our 100% success rate of secure passenger transport could not have been possible if it were not for the amazing people who helped to build it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our loyal passengers for supporting our service throughout the years and for your continued trust to transport you and your goods always quick and secure throughout the universe.
To honor the dedication and patience of our amazing crew, who have been tirelessly working throughout this time to become the very best crew a captain could wish for, and to assure safe travel to all our passengers time after time.

Today we remember how it all started back on the 1st july 2011 with a racing event followed by celebrations onboard of the Normandie.
Link to the Age Of Enlightenment racing event below (youtube videos in the thread are not correctly linked anymore)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?213336-Race-time!!!-Peds-to-be-won!!&highlight=aoe+racing+event

To connect back to this experience and excitement I announce today a new era of racing events !
ToS racing is taking the events of old to a new level - a thank you to our suporters passengers/investors/crew and an inspiration to have fun together.

ToS Starfleet will be hosting a weekly racing series of events throughout the 5th year of our service.
There will be 3 consecutive racing events one taking place every Sunday evening 21.00ma, followed by a monthly racing event on the 4th sunday and leading up to a racing final at the end of our 5th year in service.

The prizes for these events set so far are:
Weekly (weeks 1-3):
1.) 150 ped + ticket to the monthly race
2.) 50ped + ticket to the monthly race
3.) 25ped + ticket to the monthly race

Monthly (week4):
1.) 500 ped + ticket to the annual race
2.) 200 ped + ticket to the annual race
3.) 100 ped

Annual (end of 5th year of service):
1.) 4,000 ped
2.) 2,000 ped
3.) 1,000 ped

total prizepool: 27,000ped+

Jackpot (If you manage to set a new fastest track record) - variable prize to be assigned

Triple (If you manage to win 3 consecutive races in the same category against your handicap) - additional prize: 1,000ped

To qualify for one month of our races (3 weeks of racing) you need to match one of the following criteria:
- You are a subscriber of ToS Starfleet
- You are an investor into free crew/vipstatus or a longterm active member of the core crew and have donated 1 generic fuse towards the service in the active month
- You are a passenger of our service and have donated 2 generic fuses to our service in the active month

If you fail to qualify for the monthly race, you can obtain an extra ticket for the price of 3 generic fuses.
If you fail to qualify for the annual race, you can obtain an extra ticket for the price of 10 generic fuse.

Tickettrading:
If you win a ticket and dont want to use it yourself (either because you already have one or for other reasons) you can sell it. Find a person who wants to purchase the ticket and aproach me together with that person - the trade takes place with me as middleman to secure a successfull transaction for both parties.
Please be aware that not all people are elegible to obtain a ticket (eg. if they have been excluded from ToS service).

Winning multiple times:
It is possible to win in consecutive weeks however every time you win you will receive a handicap noted towards your next race. Handicaps are as follows:
1. place: + 6 seconds
2. place: + 4 seconds
3. place: + 2 second
These scores are cumulative incase you manage to win again, your handicap increases further.
Your handicap score counts for each racing category (weekly/monthly) separate and is reduced each time that you fail to win by 2 seconds. Furthermore your weekly racing handicap gets annulled when the current racing month has ended and your monthly racing handicap gets annulled at the end of the year if we choose to continue the racing series into future years.

Vehicles for the races are supplied and spawned by myself.
The racetracks that will be used are located on calypso, arkadia,rocktropia,foma and space:
Calypso: New Switzerland and Chugs Hideout racetracks / Vehicle: Lupus 4x4
Arkadia: Formidable Firebase Akademy Racetrack / Vehicle: Lupus 4x4
Rocktropia: RRC Underground Racing / Vehicle: Imperium Spec Lancer
Foma: Racing Circuit / Vehicle: Gungnir Mk1
Space: Various locations only to be revealed at the start of the race / Vehicle: Sleipnir Mk1

In the race:
Some races will involve passing 'gatepoints', of which you will be informed ahead of the race.
Racing participants with handicaps will have delayed starts.
You will have to use the vehicle i spawned for you.
If you have an accident and cant 'drive' back on track you are out -> drive safe thought winning often requires that you have to take a risk.
Shortcuts are allowed - the tracks you will be racing on have been tested thouroughly for shortcuts and they are all considered 'fair game' - so watch,explore and learn.
Some of those tracks however will include 'gatepoints' which have to be passed to stay in the race, respective info will be given ahead of time.

Donations:
If you wish to support our racing events, please get in contact with me either to fund a share of existing prizes an addition to existing prizes or to supply (fully or discounted) a line of vehicles to be used in a future race (such as PRX line, speed bike, spear line, dragonflies, hoverpod mk3's, valkyrie mk3/bruennhilde).

Promotions:
Please get in contact if you want to support the event with advertising space in your shop/booth/website/etc. for ToS Starfleet and ToS racing or if you would be interested to promote the event yourself.

Event team:
Please get in contact if you would like to support event organisation and execution either through running a lifestream/making videos of the events or monitoring checkpoints to secure a fair racing event for all participants.

Start:
The ToS Racing events will start in August 2016 - more details still to be announced/adjusted in this thread.

Conditions:
ToS Racing will endevour to ensure the competition runs as fairly as is feasibly possible, however we reserve the right to amend the above mentioned details if such a situation arrises whereby it would be neccessary to do so. All cheaters will be disqualified with no recompense. By taking part in the events all competitors are declaring they are aware of this.

If you think you found a loophole in the event rules, or want some clarification about the event - please dont hesitate to ask - your feedback and questions is very welcome :)

Kind regards
John Black Knight

Last edited:
FAQ:

Q: What is a ToS subscription ?
A: A ToS subscription is a payment for a fixed timeframe which allows you to access all ongoing ToS transport flights at no further cost and to request a flight from one destination to another during our dyamic schedule also at no extra cost.
Ontop of that you benefit from reduced costs for vip flights - 15ped per jump instead of the regular 25ped
Existing subscribers can also refer other passengers to our service and if they subscribe will receive 10% of their subscriptions as a continuous reward.
This also allows you to advertise ToS racing and benefit indirectly from an increase in participants.

Q: What is a generic fuse ?
A: Generic fuses are components needed to craft warp drives. They drop from various mobs throughout the universe:
Planet Calypso:
Troopers
YuleBot

Rocktropia:
Decomposing Zombie
Morrison Dragon
Pop Dragon
Demon Hackers
Prison mobs
werewolves
all hell mobs
all dragons
street kings
motorhead royality/security
vampires
all zombie types

Arkadia:
Margurg Male (Old Alpha+)
Scoria

Next Island:
Wild Boars

Space:
Cosmic Horror (young-old)

Last edited:
Rocktropia: RRC Underground Racing / Vehicle: Imperium Spec Lancer

If my memory serves me right, A.R.C. Lancer (L) is identical to Imperium Spec Lancer (L) in all aspects, so they probably can be allowed to compete against each other.

Same with Gungnir and Hyperplex Combat Helicopter, although the latter is sort of uncommon these days.

If my memory serves me right, A.R.C. Lancer (L) is identical to Imperium Spec Lancer (L) in all aspects, so they probably can be allowed to compete against each other.

Same with Gungnir and Hyperplex Combat Helicopter, although the latter is sort of uncommon these days.

They are, but since i will be spawning the vehicles , there is no need to confuse people with different types in a fair race :)

Really looking forward to this, sounds like great fun and some big prizes !

Happy birthday Titans :) Wish you the best the years to come

Awww

Happy Birthday Titans! That race link for Age of Enlightenment makes me have goosebumps!

:yay:

Nice! I have been planning a race that I would be in charge of as well for months now. Hope your races are a success! GL to you and the winners.

Back