Buyer Beware

Kimber

So, the strongboxes that became available during the 2015 ELM event had some really nice stims and they were fairly plentiful.

A word of caution, the 2016 'Summer Strongbox' is nowhere near as generous.

did you expect any degree of generosity to last forever?

there was no summer 2015 strongbox....

In the beginning strongboxes indeed had less ammo and more other stuff, but is it good or bad thing is subjective. I still have thousands of peds stuck in XYZ-like pills that I can't get rid of and have no use for, dozens of not full tt L rings I can't refine to ammo, enough fireworks to celebrate July 4th all year round for a decade, and tons of other junk for which I had to purchase a convoy of Pitbulls to store.

Now it's way simpler. What to try your luck for UL rings? Open boxes and in worst case you get back 90% in ammo. Want skill pills? Buy the Resupply packs. What A-like pills? Buy them on the street, even at 400% it's better than to deal with tons of useless crap.

When did strongboxes first come out? Summer 2015? Ya think?

They came out on June 24th 2015 I remember because it was my Birthday and I got a modified Ares on the first 300 boxes.
But... they were not summer boxes!
They were just the normal box that still remains in the webshop, you can still buy those if you prefer.

Right, so here's the original point.. the not summer strongboxes that came out in the summer of 2015, coinciding with the 2015 ELM event had a nice variety of stuff - the Summer Strongboxes of 2016 that have been rolled out (coinciding with the 2016 ELM event) do not have the same nice variety of stuff.

So, for any newer players that still find 50-100% XP stims valuable (ignore the old goats that are in here missing the point), don't go thinking you're gonna load up on stims from these Summer Strongboxes - they aint the same or even simliar to the 2015 version...

Right, so here's the original point.. the not summer strongboxes that came out in the summer of 2015, coinciding with the 2015 ELM event had a nice variety of stuff - the Summer Strongboxes of 2016 that have been rolled out (coinciding with the 2016 ELM event) do not have the same nice variety of stuff.

So, for any newer players that still find 50-100% XP stims valuable (ignore the old goats that are in here missing the point), don't go thinking you're gonna load up on stims from these Summer Strongboxes - they aint the same or even simliar to the 2015 version...

What sort of stuff did you get?

I would like less pills than the regular strongboxes. I was thinking about just buying an ammo pack instead.

So, for any newer players that still find 50-100% XP stims valuable

There is now a Starters Pack Refill in the webshop that didn't exist a year ago, that offers guaranteed 5 hours of 50% at 20 ped value without any gambling with boxes. That beats 2015's droprate of skill pills by far.

XP stims are a waste for new players anyway, the same pills used much later in game would be giving more bonus skills in a minute of serious grinding than in a hour of low level fiddling around.

What sort of stuff did you get?

I would like less pills than the regular strongboxes. I was thinking about just buying an ammo pack instead.

A really nice stash of stims that lasted months past the event, not just the 1 hour 10% xp stims but quite a few 5-10 hour 50-100%. One of the replies in this thread pointed out that unless you want to gamble for a UL ring the strongboxes are not the best thing to buy, too many pet name tags, fireworks, etc. I agree, much of the time I just buy ammo instead.

There is now a Starters Pack Refill in the webshop that didn't exist a year ago, that offers guaranteed 5 hours of 50% at 20 ped value without any gambling with boxes. That beats 2015's droprate of skill pills by far.

XP stims are a waste for new players anyway, the same pills used much later in game would be giving more bonus skills in a minute of serious grinding than in a hour of low level fiddling around.

It's an A5 1 mg in the refill pack, 1 hour of 50%, for 20 ped. Overall not a bad deal I guess considering at the rate they drop in the boxes one would likely have to spend hundreds of dollars to get a single A5 or A10.

Back