What to hunt next and how to chose a gun?

dabrixmgp

Old
I found the old mob ladder post but pretty sure that just a tad out of date. Was wondering what normal progression should be? I just finished 1k Daikibas and decided to chip in a little. Im now lvl 5 Evader and lvl 12 BLP Hit. I have full Grunt and was using ARK-0 with a Rage 5. I also chipped in some Handgun so I could use both. I plan to do Combibo next, at least until I get the Anatomy reward from stage 3. They have only a little more HP so I think a naked ASI-5 would work, an amp would be overkill.

l will proly do Argos after Combibo, but they are a considerable jump in HP. Looks like 3x across all maturities. Googled up some Argo hunt posts and the weapon choices are all over the place. But for some reason no one likes those Herman crafted weapons even though the ASI-16 with Beast amp is better than any of the guns other people used for Argos. Hell one post: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Best-ECO-Equipment-to-start-hunting-argonauts
even said to use a Breer M3. That gun is only 10.3 DPS even with a 102 amp. Seeing how even the lowest maturity has 300HP why would any sane person recommend a 10dps gun?

I threw them all into weapon compare and it looks like ASI-16 for when I get to Argo.
RaAWVHb.jpg

All of those weapons were either used or recommended in Argo Hunt threads. Why so many different guns when the ASI-16, or its rifle brother, is clearly the winner? Also once I finish Argos what should I hunt and should I just keep progressing to the next Herman ASI-x?

Last edited:
Hunt daikiba or shinkiba or bristlehog right now for stink tree board for the biggest profit

Hunt daikiba or shinkiba or bristlehog right now for stink tree board for the biggest profit

Yeah I know they have a huge MU now but I been hunting the ones near PA and they hardly drop them. Is there another good density spawn of higher maturities somewhere?

You are linking a thread from the times when there weren't much alternatives to breers, not for sane markup anyway. I myself spent 4 years hunting solely argos up to hunter with breers m2a+a102, burning 2-3 breers a day @110-115%. Nowadays you can have something like Xent X2/X3 and never pay markup again. Not to mention tons of new L weapons.

halfway through 15k combibo. After that Im really gonna be lost. Proly gonna do Argos at New Switzerland since they seem to have similar HP.

Back