Question: When will PvP Lootable be fixed?

sledgehammer

Elite
Society
BlackAngels HQ
Sledge Hammer
Several years ago, against the ardent wishes of the pvp player base, Mindark removed radar from pvp. We have used workaround after workaround and MA keeps removing our ability to use even those. This has made lootable impractical for both pkers and hunters alike.

Additionally, Mindark has disincentivized hunting and pk in lootable by removing the markup on faps through creation of the new mod 2600's and mod 2350's, not to mention the dozens of hedoc mayhems running around.

Certainly the slow but sure death of an aspect of the game that has previously been so lucrative for MA cannot be the actual intent.

When will the ability and the incentive to play in the lootable zones been returned?

looking forward to hear an official answer about this

LG and pvp, there is too much questions and demands to MA.
I like pvp, and i know alot of ppl who liked pvp and they still hope it will change.
MA have to listen what players want to have:wise:

Loot tables were changed on F's and Hir's, radar removed, vehicles added, then removed, radar distance changed a few times, mouse 2 removed, select target added, portable terminals added to game, portable terminals not allowed in pvp, nearby added to contacts, nearby removed in pvp and more and more and more... even mining spots and loot drops were changed. So MA do something about the pvp, but seems not in the right direction :/

Only 2 fixes needed for gameplay - Fix select target and switch the radar on!
One fix for loot needed - add narc and blaus back!

I love PVP and i want to go back to PVP4!

Cheers
Soko

Several years ago, against the ardent wishes of the pvp player base, Mindark removed radar from pvp. We have used workaround after workaround and MA keeps removing our ability to use even those. This has made lootable impractical for both pkers and hunters alike.

Additionally, Mindark has disincentivized hunting and pk in lootable by removing the markup on faps through creation of the new mod 2600's and mod 2350's, not to mention the dozens of hedoc mayhems running around.

Certainly the slow but sure death of an aspect of the game that has previously been so lucrative for MA cannot be the actual intent.

When will the ability and the incentive to play in the lootable zones been returned?

MA didnt kil the MU on the faps
players did.
MA been making the game cheaper for most players, gear got more acessible for the mid range player than it used to be only few years back.

Lootable pvp it isnt that profitable in my eyes for MA, most people that got pk gear it lasts for what? forever? not that much ppl go there these days
Why?
Easy to track, people save name links and just spam to see if they are nearby (killing the whole point of no radar/nearby)
Exploits, Macro usage on select ttarget, the most known, among others i heard
Monopolized, only turns out to be made for few who are willing to risk their accounts breaching some of the terms of use

That is what killed pvp.

Whatever changed MA may do, it'll always come down to this
At the moment there is a happy side, and a unhappy side.
If MA puts some effort to change it to please the unhappy side, a new unhappy side will emerge.

You cant ever please everyone
Live and adapt, dont want for stuff to adapt to you

You never even hunted or pked there. You pretend like MA isn't the organization that decided to allow for the new faps to come out. Of course players are going to gravitate towards faps with better stats, and if the generation of those faps isn't somehow based in pvp, then the incentive to hunt in pvp is removed, because there are plenty of mobs that have globals worth 110%. You really have no idea what goes on in lootable, or how it has changed, because it isn't a place you have spent hours and days inside.

MA didnt kil the MU on the faps
players did.
MA been making the game cheaper for most players, gear got more acessible for the mid range player than it used to be only few years back.

Lootable pvp it isnt that profitable in my eyes for MA, most people that got pk gear it lasts for what? forever? not that much ppl go there these days
Why?
Easy to track, people save name links and just spam to see if they are nearby (killing the whole point of no radar/nearby)
Exploits, Macro usage on select ttarget, the most known, among others i heard
Monopolized, only turns out to be made for few who are willing to risk their accounts breaching some of the terms of use

That is what killed pvp.

Whatever changed MA may do, it'll always come down to this
At the moment there is a happy side, and a unhappy side.
If MA puts some effort to change it to please the unhappy side, a new unhappy side will emerge.

You cant ever please everyone
Live and adapt, dont want for stuff to adapt to you

Yes plz give us information about select target and the "Follow bug" in toxic zones.

Loot tables were changed on F's and Hir's, radar removed, vehicles added, then removed, radar distance changed a few times, mouse 2 removed, select target added, portable terminals added to game, portable terminals not allowed in pvp, nearby added to contacts, nearby removed in pvp and more and more and more... even mining spots and loot drops were changed. So MA do something about the pvp, but seems not in the right direction :/

Only 2 fixes needed for gameplay - Fix select target and switch the radar on!
One fix for loot needed - add narc and blaus back!

I love PVP and i want to go back to PVP4!

Cheers
Soko

Yes, changing all the loot tables on the pvp4 mobs to make them like any atrox global ruins pvp because there's no reason to risk it. +rep

Also, Ludvig, we see you watching the thread, and that is why everyone is still anxiously watching it. We would like a response.

Also no more RX events, was huge fun really, i killed Stryked that time once, was very proud really :cool:

Oh, and fix select target so we as a soc can come and spend tons of peds in pvp and for landgrabs again. Remove a stupid feature and get tons of decay MA......easywin!! :)

You never even hunted or pked there. You pretend like MA isn't the organization that decided to allow for the new faps to come out. Of course players are going to gravitate towards faps with better stats, and if the generation of those faps isn't somehow based in pvp, then the incentive to hunt in pvp is removed, because there are plenty of mobs that have globals worth 110%. You really have no idea what goes on in lootable, or how it has changed, because it isn't a place you have spent hours and days inside.

Yes I did pk and hunt there, prolly not as much as you, and some, but I did
But it was years ago because of what duncis said, there's only been changes but in bad direction and I, completly refuse to use the same "cheat/exploit" others use so i have a fair chance, i rather just not even get myself there

I liked the excitment of it, the trill of looking for someone and have a fight and at the end "gg" cos you knew it'd be fair fight, i bested some higher skilled and i got bested by some lower skilled.
However im mostly a lazy hunter and not always i apreciate being under "stress" to hunt, specially atm, with people exploiting, you can be shot or followed without even knowing you are.

Also, pvp isnt my main thing either, but a change of your normal habits spices up your EU experience and that was what it was for me before i had to take a break

You were on a long break, the EU you knew is far diferent then, as i sugested, its about adapting.

I know people banned for it, some never, however im not going to risk a 6 digit account for the chance of best some player in pvp, the tought alone is stupid let alone the fight on my ethical side, I rather not go there, being that another reason i mostly refuse to PK, only on very rare times i go on pvp for a fight. if it changes, i might change my opinion aswell

and as proof, not that i needed but reminind pvp brought me good fun memories

Yes i did pk then

http://i.imgur.com/uqmSiJt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qAICrgS.jpg

And i even gave good fortune to some people :laugh: (i was empty but was still a global from ammo)

http://i.imgur.com/S1DPdOV.jpg

And yes Mulaak'f were quite good mob even tho it had some risk
http://i.imgur.com/vysBzhp.jpg

And i used to Solo or hide in team with few friends on muluk-hir, so i wasnt as easilly traced

http://i.imgur.com/zCrOsEZ.jpg

They had beautifull loot windows and thats what i ment.
Most mobs had good loot windows, as example i loved formidon, i'd easilly get LR59 that i'd sell high and fast.
But MA know exactly what they did
They want the game more appealing and cheaper for players to get started, and they managed, upgradable or forgeable items from NPC made the mid range player be able to aquire great gear over time instead of putting upfront 5 digits for a single item, now you have the chance to slowly build your items.

Doesnt mean everyone will like it or everyone will manage to adapt.
When i started i got memory of hogglo being the most hunted mob, each day on TI would be massive teams hunting them, i'd do most my Mind Essence business there at revive :laugh: (convinient salesman).

But those days are gone, and there is more out there to find than the pvp mobs

All this to sum up
What you want is something that used to be great, to be great again.
But dont we all? There was a lot of ppl doing scip/formi and such when they were the "hot" mobs, and they changed, same with pvp4 mobs.
Loot changed on them, and so should players if they aint pleased

Sorry for the long post :)

There was a time when both lootable L faps and crafted L faps were totally dependent on pvp, you either had to use the old style uneco faps or be forced to support the PKers if you wanted to use the eco L faps.

I argued against this but you still need to support PKers if you want to use L faps, thankfully there's a load of U faps around now :D

Ludvig, there's not just one side to this argument. Many players are fine with pvp but want to see a complete removal of lootable pvp, or at least the option to not be forced to use lootable pvp in order to access parts of the game that should be available to everyone (eg. L faps and other planets)

Ludvig, there's not just one side to this argument. Many players are fine with pvp but want to see a complete removal of lootable pvp, or at least the option to not be forced to use lootable pvp in order to access parts of the game that should be available to everyone (eg. L faps and other planets)

i second this
there should be some reward sure
but not hurt the main economy of the game cos of it.
Just make it rarer or harder to find outside :)

In my mind PVP4 should be more personal skill based not number skill based.

- Radar should not even be shown, P should be pressed to get coords.
- No actions like select next taget etc should be allowed.
- No near by listed for any targets.
- All play should be first person only.
- Should have to aim and shoot every shot no auto targeting.

You should have to work for stealing from others, not be sitting there looking for free gifts by stealing from other players. The normal player base that does not do PVP4 a lot already are risking a lot playing the game by not doing PVP and they raise risk even more by making it to easy for pirates as is right now, by not fixing cheats and allowing them to be used with no consequences. Making them big arse targets that are easy to get etc. Also the camping of stations is absolutely Bullshit, pirates should not be allowed to even enter SS shielded area the SS should shot them down automatically. They have a pirate base and can use planets if they want to pirate in space. PVP4 on land is horrible, it is not fun to play, latency is huge issue, etc I can go on but will call it here as to why PVP4 is crap.

MA tried it your way. This is the direction they've been headed over the last 3-4 years, and that's part of what ruined pvp in the first place.

In my mind PVP4 should be more personal skill based not number skill based.

- Radar should not even be shown, P should be pressed to get coords.
- No actions like select next taget etc should be allowed.
- No near by listed for any targets.
- All play should be first person only.
- Should have to aim and shoot every shot no auto targeting.

You should have to work for stealing from others, not be sitting there looking for free gifts by stealing from other players. The normal player base that does not do PVP4 a lot already are risking a lot playing the game by not doing PVP and they raise risk even more by making it to easy for pirates as is right now, by not fixing cheats and allowing them to be used with no consequences. Making them big arse targets that are easy to get etc. Also the camping of stations is absolutely Bullshit, pirates should not be allowed to even enter SS shielded area the SS should shot them down automatically. They have a pirate base and can use planets if they want to pirate in space. PVP4 on land is horrible, it is not fun to play, latency is huge issue, etc I can go on but will call it here as to why PVP4 is crap.

i heard that some ppl know how to see radar, maybe its not true, but if it true it means that they have big advantage against others, so MA turning on radar can solve exploit and make a lot of ppl happy, select target hate all pkers, miners, everyone... so why this sh..t still works in pvp areas ? outside area it can work...

i heard that some ppl know how to see radar, maybe its not true, but if it true it means that they have big advantage against others, so MA turning on radar can solve exploit and make a lot of ppl happy, select target hate all pkers, miners, everyone... so why this sh..t still works in pvp areas ? outside area it can work...

this

i beleive that in order for it to be working properly, lootable pvp conditions must be same for everyone and most importantly - we should be equal in terms of advantages.
things like -u must equip a fap and press next target to be able to "see" some1 or using sticky notes + ava's links shouldn't exist cuz clearly not everybody knows those "strategies" which gives a certain dose of unfairness.
So swithing on the radar is the simplest and maybe the only option regarding that matter.

and the select target.... all of the above thoughts apply for that too ofc + the fact that some ppl use macro with it.
its existance just doesn't make any sense and i simply cannot find 1 reason justifying the opposite.

I did love pvp4 the way it was pre cryengine. Fights were balanced, hunting and mining there were challenging but rewarding. Radar was enabled and had about 220m range. That was just about right to be able to chase someone down but also being able to escape when you were quick.

Previously it was passionately requested to switch radar off, now you want it on again. If I was an official I would respond it was done for reason xyz and it stays so until behaviour on the ground changes. Which doesn't seem bloody likely to me.

Previously it was passionately requested to switch radar off, now you want it on again. If I was an official I would respond it was done for reason xyz and it stays so until behaviour on the ground changes. Which doesn't seem bloody likely to me.

it kind of brings up to what i posted
no matter the change eventually, there will always be someone who wants it diferently, you cant just please everyone

Maybe event mechanics such as capture the flag, king of the hill or hold the base, would be fun?

Teams/Participants could place items/peds into a "loot pool" at the start of the event, with the winning team/participant taking the pool at the end of the event. Which team/individual wins could be based on a point system for example, first team to capture the flag and return it to their base 5 times wins.

During the event all other items should be safe and unlootable (imo).

As most people empty there lootables before entering lootable pvp I feel the real value of pvp comes from fun, organised, events with guaranteed prize pools.

If an event has a 5 ped entry fee I would like to see events where "pay by item" is the only payment method. This would be where every participant has to place an item of 5 ped TT or greater into the prize pool in order to get a ticket. At the end it would feel like an item shower for the winning team and of course nobody will know in advance what items their going to get and this should add to the excitement. I would like to see global/HOF swirly's for event winners where the prize pool is greater than 50 ped as well. All makes events more exciting and less grindy.

This "pay by item" could be expanded to features such as last person standing pvp events. As each person has locked in an item to the loot pool at the start of the event, that item could be looted by the person who makes the kill in games that don't depend on points. All other items would be safe except the item the person used as their entry fee, so everyone is guaranteed an item of a minimum value for every kill they make during the game.

Also I agree that space should not be lootable PvP - this is an RCE, nobody should be forced to engage in PvP. The "space pirates" concept is hard to believe where are all the space police keeping us safe :laugh:?

Last edited:
Maybe event mechanics such as capture the flag, king of the hill or hold the base, would be fun?

Teams/Participants could place items/peds into a "loot pool" at the start of the event, with the winning team/participant taking the pool at the end of the event. Which team/individual wins could be based on a point system for example, first team to capture the flag and return it to their base 5 times wins.

During the event all other items should be safe and unlootable (imo).

As most people empty there lootables before entering lootable pvp I feel the real value of pvp comes from fun, organised, events with guaranteed prize pools.

If an event has a 5 ped entry fee I would like to see events where "pay by item" is the only payment method. This would be where every participant has to place an item of 5 ped TT or greater into the prize pool in order to get a ticket. At the end it would feel like an item shower for the winning team and of course nobody will know in advance what items their going to get and this should add to the excitement. I would like to see global/HOF swirly's for event winners where the prize pool is greater than 50 ped as well. All makes events more exciting and less grindy.

This "pay by item" could be expanded to features such as last person standing pvp events. As each person has locked in an item to the loot pool at the start of the event, that item could be looted by the person who makes the kill in games that don't depend on points. All other items would be safe except the item the person used as their entry fee, so everyone is guaranteed an item of a minimum value for every kill they make during the game.

Also I agree that space should not be lootable PvP - this is an RCE, nobody should be forced to engage in PvP. The "space pirates" concept is hard to believe where are all the space police keeping us safe :laugh:?

NO!

No need to think of new systems, one above is simply silly. There is no room for such thing in EU. Yes maybe in cyrene hub or whatever the underground thingie is.
Dont put any more ideas into MA head.
Pvp is good relax for the players
Pvp4 and other toxic zones are also adrenaline
All we need is radar on, so we can chace and have chance to run away (as it used to be)
And remove select target so skills for once matter again. Skills and equipment! Yes this is competetive game and shut up for once and skill to use those cool guns instead of crying that some cant come into toxic zone cuz has no chance against more skilled players. Yes this is the reason why PvP was always attractive, risk, adrenaline, skills. To beat someone higher skilled, take a laugh at someone trying but always saying GG at the end of the fight, big clashes between player groups, even societies. Its a whole new game west of akmul sorry i mean East now since some years...

Cheers
Soko

Its been a lot time since... Some nostalgia, you call your friends to help you, enemies were strong enough.
Some ppl never tried this huge fun, so they do not understand, why we are disappointed for now

https://www.twitch.tv/zverys/v/48582836

R.I.P. Pvp.

I think the radar should stay off, just remove next target and other possible exploits. It can't be that hard....
Remove next target from all the game, do we really need it? I have never used it.

PVP used to be fun, radar helps everybody and makes it a fun playground (for those here that writes but hasnt been there really pvp4 is huuuuge so a radar helps to find people but allso for the found to have a chance to escape and safe from exploits since its obvious for all) and select target thats possible to abuse with macro is just a joke to have in a pvp area.....

While youre at it fix the broken forts and remove safezones and make repairable gates and not possible to TP in while MCR aint broken.

kthxbye

NO!

No need to think of new systems, one above is simply silly. There is no room for such thing in EU. Yes maybe in cyrene hub or whatever the underground thingie is.
Dont put any more ideas into MA head.
Pvp is good relax for the players
Pvp4 and other toxic zones are also adrenaline
All we need is radar on, so we can chace and have chance to run away (as it used to be)
And remove select target so skills for once matter again. Skills and equipment! Yes this is competetive game and shut up for once and skill to use those cool guns instead of crying that some cant come into toxic zone cuz has no chance against more skilled players. Yes this is the reason why PvP was always attractive, risk, adrenaline, skills. To beat someone higher skilled, take a laugh at someone trying but always saying GG at the end of the fight, big clashes between player groups, even societies. Its a whole new game west of akmul sorry i mean East now since some years...

Cheers
Soko
I had this idea for 9 yrs ago, I still think it should be implemented, even thou' position is less important.

-* Hadesheim PvP-area, south of the city at Genesis PP. *-

1. Create a PvP-area south of hadesheim, where the Genesis power plant
is located.
2. Put some more buildings there, create interior for every building, and maybe
even basements. Put up a fence around area so only those that are out for
PvP are inside the area, that way none will be shot accidently if they just
happened to be close to area.
3. Partly disable radar, so we only can see the teammembers.
4. Create a 0.00PED-value energy-resource that can be used instead of oil
for the spaceships, and make terminals where a player must connect to it
to grab the resource. A connected player can't defened himself while he is
connected. This way teamplaying is more importent (if you are out for the
resource that is... ). A container is needed to grab the resource too.

I also had a idea of new system to calculate points in pvp-kills, where you
get a higher value the better pk'er you take down.
To get a point the pk'er you take down must have at least one kill, this is to reduce
exploits in the system.

So there are systems that could be developed around pvp, but doubt any of them
will come, when I think of MAs "rules" around development of features.

I had this idea for 9 yrs ago, I still think it should be implemented, even thou' position is less important.

-* Hadesheim PvP-area, south of the city at Genesis PP. *-

1. Create a PvP-area south of hadesheim, where the Genesis power plant
is located.
2. Put some more buildings there, create interior for every building, and maybe
even basements. Put up a fence around area so only those that are out for
PvP are inside the area, that way none will be shot accidently if they just
happened to be close to area.
3. Partly disable radar, so we only can see the teammembers.
4. Create a 0.00PED-value energy-resource that can be used instead of oil
for the spaceships, and make terminals where a player must connect to it
to grab the resource. A connected player can't defened himself while he is
connected. This way teamplaying is more importent (if you are out for the
resource that is... ). A container is needed to grab the resource too.

I also had a idea of new system to calculate points in pvp-kills, where you
get a higher value the better pk'er you take down.
To get a point the pk'er you take down must have at least one kill, this is to reduce
exploits in the system.

So there are systems that could be developed around pvp, but doubt any of them
will come, when I think of MAs "rules" around development of features.

This is a nice idea, there are plenty of games with the structure like urs that are great to play and are actually built for it. However this has nothing to do with OP!!!. All we ask is a roll back to pre-cryengine system. Dont implement anything new, just get rid of new exploits khm i mean features!

/Soko

Back