Question: When will PvP Lootable be fixed?

This is a nice idea, there are plenty of games with the structure like urs that are great to play and are actually built for it. However this has nothing to do with OP!!!. All we ask is a roll back to pre-cryengine system. Dont implement anything new, just get rid of new exploits khm i mean features!

/Soko

Looking at the amount of code MA puts down on each feature, I doubt we ever will
see a 100% exploit free system for pvp. :(

If there ever should come new features, the basics must be fixed first, so yes, they
should definitly look at how things were "back in the days", and fix it... ;)
(Even thou' I do like radar being off, but as long it isn't properly developed, it
will always be a annyoing system as is... :p)

I love Joat's proposal immensely. It would be super cool stuff and we would have real fun playing there... but yeah, trying to be realistic have to agree with Soko, fix the old basic system 1st. IF they can manage that, then they could move on to other stuff afterwards.

select target should never trigger an item use, simple as that. don't remove but fix it ffs! :(

Shouldn't be too hard to make the game behave appropriately when lootablepvp is flagged:cool:

IMO I never had any problems when radar was activated, had tons of fun hunting muls and hirs and loot was great

The whole idea that people wanted radar removed is pure and utter crap. Some care bears who never even pvped lobbied for removal of radar because they thought it would make it possible to mine/hunt in pvp without being killed.

Everyone who spent any amount of time there agreed that it was a ridiculously bad idea, and after several years of this nonsense, we have been proven right. Put radar back. It's easy. We have lots of other issues to fix like select target, and I know those are more complicated, but restoring radar is easy.

The whole idea that people wanted radar removed is pure and utter crap. Some care bears who never even pvped lobbied for removal of radar because they thought it would make it possible to mine/hunt in pvp without being killed.

Everyone who spent any amount of time there agreed that it was a ridiculously bad idea, and after several years of this nonsense, we have been proven right. Put radar back. It's easy. We have lots of other issues to fix like select target, and I know those are more complicated, but restoring radar is easy.

Reason why I wanted radar to be offline were not any BS care bear, it was pure and simple one step
closer to a game play where RL skills and intuition had more impact to outcome, than ingame features.
EU will never be that type of game, that is quite obvious now, so yes why not activate radar again?
As long as there are features that make players traceable in PVP, then there is no point to have
radar offline.
If EU had been developed correctly in PVP, radar could for sure be offline. It had been way more
important to use tactics and attention to be succesful, but I dount PK'ers that hunt non-PK'ers would
like that either, since without radar, the hunter could suddenly be the hunted...

But as I mentioned, EU will never be fully developed in PVP. So radar online could for sure be
online again... run it online for a year and see how much more pvp-ing there will be, then they know
how big impact it will have.

Thread number 245662 about PVP and guess what, MA won't give a fuck as always ;D

They are exhibiting their in-ability to make money in a nice way for years already.

I am still puzzled why they for example have not added multiple cosmetic options, from wearable stuff to armor customizations. People would spend thousands on those.. Naaah, why, let's introduce explosive BPs instead :D

And in the same way, why they would do one line code change to fix select target, they don't need people blowing peds in PVP, explo BP are paying everything I guess :D

we still hope, its our only way to ask nicely before all people who like pvp will leave.

//mg

Reason why I wanted radar to be offline were not any BS care bear, it was pure and simple one step closer to a game play where RL skills and intuition had more impact to outcome, than ingame features.

That also my reason bind wanting the radar off. The possibly to sneak and "ambush" people, or if you are mining be forced to pay attention to your surroundings. With radar on it does not matter if you try to hide and sneak, because the opponents will see you anyway.

That also my reason bind wanting the radar off. The possibly to sneak and "ambush" people, or if you are mining be forced to pay attention to your surroundings. With radar on it does not matter if you try to hide and sneak, because the opponents will see you anyway.

And this is the very reason we say you have never been to pvp4 :)

If you search a full day now you wont find any1 since its HUGE and full of obstacles and mountains......try once :D

Tell me after a few days without seeing anybody att all that its not booring, and try to be honest!

The reason WE dont go there is simply because its booring, TPing around for 2-3 hours without anybody there since all knows how booring it is when we cant find eachother.....

Allso with radar onthe miners and hunters gets a chance to escape since they can see the attackers coming, fair and fun for all

Remove oilrig to pvp4 and turn on the radar and remove select target. Let the oilrig drop after ammo spend in the zone

Just realize any changes to PVP on planet will also effect all of Space..

I, for one, would love to have both Radar and Nearby turned back on for all PVP.

If you search a full day now you wont find any1 since its HUGE and full of obstacles and mountains......try once :D

Tell me after a few days without seeing anybody att all that its not booring, and try to be honest!

The reason WE dont go there is simply because its booring, TPing around for 2-3 hours without anybody there since all knows how booring it is when we cant find eachother.....

Allso with radar onthe miners and hunters gets a chance to escape since they can see the attackers coming, fair and fun for all

Reason why some others don't go there is because it's boring due to history of exploits,
and not properly developed system in pvp.
Who wants to go there if they know some will find you with help of ingame features even
if radar is off?
PVP4 is not dead due to radar is off, it's dead due to lack of logic in development and
exploits.

Apparently I must spread more reputation around before giving you more.

Wrong, I have done it. I have been in pvp4 a couple time, been killed a couple of times, and have done a few killings, not many. I have been running around in pvp4, not finding anyone, I know it feels empty, but I still think it's more interesting that way.

Edit: One solution could be that the players can choose "show on radar on/off", if both players have check "on", both players will see each other on radar. If one have "off", non of the players will see each other.

Wrong, I have done it. I have been in pvp4 a couple time, been killed a couple of times, and have done a few killings, not many. I have been running around in pvp4, not finding anyone, I know it feels empty, but I still think it's more interesting that way.

Edit: One solution could be that the players can choose "show on radar on/off", if both players have check "on", both players will see each other on radar. If one have "off", non of the players will see each other.

some ppl know how to turn on radar, so it means exploit, so where is fun if exploiter can see u inside and you can't see him, fix exploits and im ok with turned off radar, but pvp will not be so active without radar as was before with turned on radar. MA remove fk..g "SELECT TARGET" why this function is needed for ?? only for bots my guess or disable it in pvp areas or deactivate item use while clicking select target

How about this?

We turn on Radar and Nearby but also have a new, crafted item [Stealth Node(L)] which jams radar OR allows you to Hide from Radar? I personally like the jamming effect as most people will know someone is around but just not where..

Those that want to hide from Radar can now do so (of course, they still can be seen). It puts a new item out there for crafters to produce and helps the economy and those that just want to blow each to hell and back can have at it?

Thoughts?

How about this?

We turn on Radar and Nearby but also have a new, crafted item [Stealth Node(L)] which jams radar OR allows you to Hide from Radar? I personally like the jamming effect as most people will know someone is around but just not where..

Those that want to hide from Radar can now do so (of course, they still can be seen). It puts a new item out there for crafters to produce and helps the economy and those that just want to blow each to hell and back can have at it?

Thoughts?

people in pvp wish to be equal, with same abilities at least.

doubt that pker who want fun (uses your invisibility node) and looks for miners that cant afford usint that item.

for me, stalking defenceless miner extracting claim is most unfair game than it can be. (as it is now)

you are my hero sledge if they will fix it tomorow!!!

super awsome news,
seems finally all people + mindark agreed about it.

Last edited:
Ok, select target is fixed. Now, how about that radar returned to pvp4?

Back