Question: Smashing untradeable gear into universal ammo

Here's my current mindset:

This is an RCE, I have trust in the system. I trust how it works. I can take my $ out whenever I want. There's no need for me to take it out because I really enjoy playing. Therefore it stays in.

If more and more untradeable/non convertable items are introduced, my mindset will become:

The game is slowly morphing from RCE to microtransactions where the potential benefits will only be realized virtually. I am more inclined to leave EU and stop depositing if the game heads down that road. Withdraws would certainly increase in this case for me.

But hey, what does it matter, I'm small fish. My PEDs are a drop in the ocean.

Last edited:
bump for my 60 some 8 and 9.98 ped L rings sitting in storage collecting dust.

vote me into the agreed camp

Let us convert all userbound items into universal ammo :)

Still wishing :yup:

Where is Ludvig ):

whatcha think ludvig??

Crickets on the response :scratch2:

Haven't seen him in a while.

Maybe we ran him off already.

The whole idea of paying for boxes and receiving Items (rings) that you cant do anything with really gets my back up.

My storage is full of rings that I want to convert to ammo or peds....

So here is a problem, would you buy something from a shop, pay for it with your money and then, once you have bought it, you are told you cant do anything with it...........

We wouldn't accept this in real life, so why do we allow MA to take our money, almost by deceit, and fob us off with crappy standard replies from support when you ask for either your money back or it converted to something that you can use, that you have paid for!!!

In England, I am pretty sure this would be investigated by trading standards as it appears to be gaining money by false pretenses!!

Do the right thing MA, and sort this out pronto!!!!

Last edited:
Didn't see this thread until now. While I have been a non-depositor for quite some time, this is a nice idea and I think it should be implemented!

So here is a problem, would you buy something from a shop, pay for it with your money and then, once you have bought it, you are told you cant do anything with it...........

It's not like that though is it. Here you buy something from the shop, knowing that what you get is random, and that some of the things you might get at random are things you won't want and can't use, and you choose to buy it anyway.

If you're sticking with your analogy, millions of people buy lottery tickets on that basis every day and get, most often, nothing in return.

The whole idea of paying for boxes and receiving Items (rings) that you cant do anything with really gets my back up.

My storage is full of rings that I want to convert to ammo or peds....

We wouldn't accept this in real life, so why do we allow MA to take our money, almost by deceit, and fob us off with crappy standard replies from support when you ask for either your money back or it converted to something that you can use, that you have paid for!!!

In England, I am pretty sure this would be investigated by trading standards as it appears to be gaining money by false pretenses!!

Do the right thing MA, and sort this out pronto!!!!

Agreed!!! :wise::wise:

Bump for a great suggestion

It would free up so so so much ammo to stimulate the economy and MA's wallet!

You have anwsered the question why this will probably never happen.

Lets take a look at it, from MAs perspective .

Right now they have players assets tied up, as far as MA is concerned you cycle the unTTable stuff or keep storing the items, increasing the amount of dead PEDs which suits MA.

Now from a business pov, I dont believe any company would do a giveaway like that, if not necessary.

But as long as theres noone boycoting anything, I doubt very much this will get consideration at all from MA side, I could ofc be wrong, but its how I see the whole situation.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
The Strong Boxes were marketed in a completely different way, and it certainly was not in a transparent way...... it was never explained to people that there is a element of risk that you will end up with items sitting in your storage that you cant do anything with..... they certainly dangled the carrot with the promise of unique rings!!

It's arguable that it's not clear at first that some items are effectively "unusable", I agree. But the people complaining here are people who have bought lots of boxes and know perfectly well what they're likely to get.

Deleted...….

Last edited:
I take your point, but I still think it is a little naughty and misleading..... the way it was marketed.

So naughty... Where's the spanking....

Bump for spanking naughty mindark.

Unlock the pills!

;);) Let me spank you Mind Ark ;);)

#space_flight ~ connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

Away with soulbound bump

Bump for good suggestion

Trying to keep a good suggestion on the front page.

It's a good idea. I wouldn't mind if MA did something more with it, like putting access to a forge at the end of a long mission chain, or putting it in space, as in Howling Mine...it's all non-lootable anyway.

Trying to keep a good suggestion on the front page.

It's a good idea. I wouldn't mind if MA did something more with it, like putting access to a forge at the end of a long mission chain, or putting it in space, as in Howling Mine...it's all non-lootable anyway.

I like the idea of a second "mission galactica" style EU-Wide mission chain, though instead of transferring items for items, completion of various stages unlocks useful account functions, such as trading junk for UA, universal TP, universal Auction.

They could even tag a premium onto this and I'm sure many would do it :)

Been too long bump

Back