Question: Smashing untradeable gear into universal ammo

atomicstorm

Slayer
MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
I understand why we have avatar bound gear but with all the space the gear takes up, it would be beneficial to the economy to be able to recover the TT Value of those items. Not because we could get some of money back but would stimulate the activities that resulted in getting these items (starter packs, strongboxes,etc)

I propose being able to take any item, regardless of tradable or nontradable status, along with a cheap item from the TT (or even looted in mining or hunting), and smash it into universal ammo. The cost to do this would be the cost of the item you have to pay as the control and the decay of the refiner.

The benefit is:

- I have tons of pills I don't want.. example Neurostims y and y2. I can cycle this back into the economy and mindark can get back the 5 to 15% from the fees.

- the folks that bought all the starter packs for pills way back when can smash all the harrier junk sitting in storage.

- morale of the populace would improve and nobs like opaloman can stop complaining about soul bound stuff.

this would be nice - i also have a bunch of harrier armor parts (multiples) i cant tt - (i wanted the skill pills during events)

it was sstill worth it to me ofc, but would be some nice customer service if we can grind these worthless armors and worthless bound vehicles into the refiner

In a true RCE all objects should be tradeable, dropable and destroyable (or at least TT-able :), I can appreciate why dropping was removed).

Just imo.

Also piggy backing on this, can we make a pop up screen before fully committing to the conversion? I still find it hard to believe that Split and Convert to Universal Ammo are literally right next to each other in the options list. As a melee hunter, one of my worst dreams would be to convert 4-5k ped of shrapnel into Universal Ammo that I can't easily use just because I clicked the option by accident instead of split. A simple "Are you sure you want to convert to universal ammo?" box would suffice

Sign me up, fully agree!

totally agree! that would free up an incredible ampount of ped...

totally agree! that would free up an incredible ampount of ped...

It would free up so so so much ammo to stimulate the economy and MA's wallet!

Why UA, why not convert to shrapnel?

Anything Account Bound in an RCE is wrong.

Because it could just be TTd. My proposal is a fair compromise on the current situation.

I'm not a purist. It's hard to add new things in a small player base without fast devaluation.

Because it could just be TTd. My proposal is a fair compromise on the current situation.

I'm not a purist. It's hard to add new things in a small player base without fast devaluation.

MA sold me on the idea that if I put my money in I could also get it out. They should just get their head out of their ass and make it so we can put it in the TT like anything else. Nobody should have to compromise, that is the way it should be. As far as I am concerned its a bug they need to fix.

I have so many Y's that I would love to cycle back into the system! Please let something like this happen.

i am glad this thread is going :) i like the idea of TT'ing Ys.. and other useless crap for that matter.

#excited

I like this idea as long as the change does not apply to freebies and presents. Otherwise the alt botting will get wild... again.

I have so many Y's that I would love to cycle back into the system! Please let something like this happen.

I want to get rid of my 1062 adjusted loot pills as badly..

Auto loot for 4,779,000 seconds :eyecrazy:

I understand why we have avatar bound gear but with all the space the gear takes up, it would be beneficial to the economy to be able to recover the TT Value of those items. Not because we could get some of money back but would stimulate the activities that resulted in getting these items (starter packs, strongboxes,etc)

I propose being able to take any item, regardless of tradable or nontradable status, along with a cheap item from the TT (or even looted in mining or hunting), and smash it into universal ammo. The cost to do this would be the cost of the item you have to pay as the control and the decay of the refiner.

The benefit is:

- I have tons of pills I don't want.. example Neurostims y and y2. I can cycle this back into the economy and mindark can get back the 5 to 15% from the fees.

- the folks that bought all the starter packs for pills way back when can smash all the harrier junk sitting in storage.

- morale of the populace would improve and nobs like opaloman can stop complaining about soul bound stuff.

I fully support this and would be great! But sorry to say MA is slowly moving away from RCE and by doing your suggestion it would unlock the items to then be put back into the system for a chance to win big which would kill the idea MA had in mind when starting all this out with the locked/userbound items.

But I sure hope I am wrong in this and MA will move on and unlock these items and remove any future plans to add more userbound items.

I fully support this and would be great! But sorry to say MA is slowly moving away from RCE and by doing your suggestion it would unlock the items to then be put back into the system for a chance to win big which would kill the idea MA had in mind when starting all this out with the locked/userbound items.

But I sure hope I am wrong in this and MA will move on and unlock these items and remove any future plans to add more userbound items.

Sorry, but you need to stop parading like you know what mindark is thinking and then stating it as fact. Show me proof of what you said or start changing your wording to opinionated instead of all-knowing.

If people had willpower against the strongbox lottery we could boycott those things..

They are making MA ooodles of money.. don't buy until the items paid by with REAL CASH are tradeable for ped worth REAL CASH.. makes sense?

Sorry, but you need to stop parading like you know what mindark is thinking and then stating it as fact. Show me proof of what you said or start changing your wording to opinionated instead of all-knowing.

We had this debate just a few years back when all this started when this very cool but user-bound armor was released. I was hot about it both on forums and private about that if MA got wind of the idea they most likely would be releasing more UB items. And yes here and there I would pop in as we saw more and more user bound items with most saying I was wrong.

Yet here we are again with YOU posting about these UB items that MA has introduced in the strongboxes requesting that they make a change.

If MA got wind of.... their own idea? :eyecrazy:

And yes UB items for PP are here in such a way, not sure how it works, but my guess is they get a discount if they use them.

Last edited:
We had this debate just a few years back when all this started when this very cool but user-bound armor was released. I was hot about it both on forums and private about that if MA got wind of the idea they most likely would be releasing more UB items.

If MA got wind of.... their own idea? :eyecrazy:

I didnt even read all but you got my vote on that

Uni ammo at least the player is force to cycle it back so to speak, benificial

Uni ammo at least the player is force to cycle it back so to speak, benificial

We shouldn't be forced to cycle it. We put the money in and got items. We should have the option to tt those items and withdraw the money back out.

The benefit is:

I Support this.
I am against bind on account stuff.

We shouldn't be forced to cycle it. We put the money in and got items. We should have the option to tt those items and withdraw the money back out.

No. Because this would set up an endless circle of Ring farmers.

Look for a ring and TT everything if you don't find one, just so you can do it all over again? Yes, the penalty would be some lost peds on getting cash back out, but I am sure there are plenty who would risk it.

Just my 2 pecs

Ff

Player bound items yes, when it is a gift /reward /bonus or something

but not when i have to buy it with real cash.

m2p

No. Because this would set up an endless circle of Ring farmers.

Look for a ring and TT everything if you don't find one, just so you can do it all over again? Yes, the penalty would be some lost peds on getting cash back out, but I am sure there are plenty who would risk it.

Just my 2 pecs

Ff

I don't care if they want to farm rings from boxes, people are already farming rings. Its their money, they should be able to put money in, and take money out, RCE was the whole idea behind this game. The sales pitch was put money in, take money out. Now part of the RCE in this game is broken because now we put my money in but its getting locked up in items we can't tt to get our money back, that is fubar.

I am all for UNI ammo !

MA has to live from something, so all money ingame needs to be cycled (decayed).

Souldboung shit that just sits in storage because we don´t like to use it for whatever reason is locked money that can´t be decayed.

Lets convert this locked money into UNI ammo, so we can loose it all and make MA a profit.

:cool:

+1 I agree. I don't have many bound items but still I have those pills in storage that I never plan to use.

Uni ammo is fine

There's really no good reason to loot partial tt (L) rings that can't be converted to UA. If MA intentionally set it up like this to lock people's PEDs in the game I would be very upset. I don't think that was their intention, and rather it's just a bug that will be fixed.

It would be comforting to hear from Ludvig on the topic though. All of the pills should be convertible to UA, I have to agree with 5$ here.

Back