Question about mentoring and propably searching for a mentor

Blink

Old
Hello everyone I am having a little issue here. I haven't played this game for 7-8 months but decided in the end I realy like it. Now I don't realy think I NEED a mentor because I believe I have covered the basic knowledge of the game by myself and with the help of my previous mentor. I may be wrong but at the moment theres nobody to prove me wrong. You see, my previous mentor has not logged in to the game for 2 months already and I have no idea if she is ever coming back. Currently I have 11.56% progress with her. Should I leave her?

Also if I should search for a new mentor and you would like to apply here is some info about me that could prove to be useful:
1) It would be nice if you are close to my timezone GMT+2 and online at the same time (usualy midday to late night)
2) I can't deposit for a few months because I'm saving for a new pc so I'm pretty much swunting and cycling peds.
3) I am not looking for freebies
4) If the mentor could give me a real rundown on societies that would be great
5) I can only speak with you in English
6) The activities I'm looking forward to in entropia are hunting and fapping

If you have completed the team hunt I'd say just carry on as you don't really need any imput from her to complete and if you kick her you'd loose all that progress - though I'm sure that you know that.

Should I leave her?

I would leave. I swapped through 3 mentors before I found one that could teach me things about the game beyond the obvious basics. Hunting is a rather simple profession though (IMO :cool:) so a mentor can only do so much for you. However there is still a lot of knowledge you can benefit from.

I still talk to my mentor every day after graduating. Finding a solid mentor that can help you achieve your goals is worth it.

Feel free to check out my mentoring page here

https://www.reddit.com/r/entropiauniverse/comments/4lsprt/experienced_mentor_available/

My advice is... find a mentor that is successful in the ways that you want to be. He/she will be able to give you the most valuable insight and specialized knowledge that you won't get from the general population.

Last edited:
If you have completed the team hunt I'd say just carry on as you don't really need any imput from her to complete and if you kick her you'd loose all that progress - though I'm sure that you know that.

I agree with this! If you have done the team hunt with mentor part.
Then think about how much you value you 11% progress that you would loose.
If you value your 11% progress then stick with current absent mentor.
You will find great people that can and will help you even without a mentor :)

Cool to see someone coming back to the game with the intention to stay, good luck!

I'll chime in with the "drop the dead mentor" groupies. If your current mentor isn't active, they can't help you.

Use the Mentor Registry and read over descriptions. Chat with several who's postings catch your interest.

Ask them general questions about their play-styles, available times and what they can help you learn.

Check your "compatibility index". Then select someone from those high on your index.

It's not hard to find a competent mentor, it's just much easier to get swarmed by the Disciple Farmers.

You remind me of the old me. The old me who were seeking. I would gladly pick you up as I have room for some more disciples now.

Hit me up:
TheRock Animalcommander Rocky

Forgot to add:

I usually give the mentor gifts back to the disciples. If I get something expensive (happened only 1 time), I would then share it the disciple.

Last edited:
Well I'm still undecided on this, more feedback would be appreciated :)

11% Progress is nothing, graduating mentorship is very quick and easy (and not important at all).

"Basic knowledge" is something you can get from rookie chat/google. There are mentors out there that can teach you far beyond the basics. So, if you don't have a great society or lots of friends in-game to help you, you would be much better off in EU with a mentor to offer you specialized knowledge.

One last thing is, don't just pick up a mentor right away. Add them to your friends list and talk to them for a while before deciding if they have the type of knowledge and experience you are looking for. You can wait until you find someone good before kicking your old mentor.

11% Progress is nothing, graduating mentorship is very quick and easy (and not important at all).

"Basic knowledge" is something you can get from rookie chat/google. There are mentors out there that can teach you far beyond the basics. So, if you don't have a great society or lots of friends in-game to help you, you would be much better off in EU with a mentor to offer you specialized knowledge.

One last thing is, don't just pick up a mentor right away. Add them to your friends list and talk to them for a while before deciding if they have the type of knowledge and experience you are looking for. You can wait until you find someone good before kicking your old mentor.

yeah that's not true. it took me EIGHT MONTHS to finish it cause I waited too long with starting discipleship (had 1000 anatomy by that point...) since I kicked my old mentor for not being active anymore... fail.

So by ALL means pick a mentor right away! it's not like only your mentor can teach you stuff about the game either... I get asked by people all the time and answer their questions about the game, even if they already have a mentor. the more player the better, and for that you have to have a positive attitude about answering questions

btw, I give gifts for 50% and 100% and can buy your sweat at higher than average if you need that (my most active disciple doesn't even want to sell for a really good price to me since he feels it would be ripping me off, lol), so if you really need a new mentor... I'm on caly. same username in the game. like I said, you can contact me if you have questions either way ;-)

Last edited:
Mentoring is generally overrated and should be no reason to lose sleep over. Although there are some decent people among active mentors, the probability of meeting one is not higher than among the general population.

If you expect to get all your knowledge from one source, you'll never know more than them; and if you never get a second opinion and don't do own research, you may end up believing - to put it politely - dubious things.

Those starting discipleship later on often finish it faster, for the simple reason they're able to use bigger guns and tools. (Disciple progress is measured by tt value of skills acquired in Anatomy, Geology or Engineering.) Of course, those bigger guns require bigger budget, too; and there are other caveats, like not driving your Anatomy through the roof before that.

Advice: stop worrying and get to building a network of people you can exchange knowledge and information with.

Disclosure: I don't mentor.

yeah that's not true. it took me EIGHT MONTHS to finish it cause I waited too long with starting discipleship (had 1000 anatomy by that point...) since I kicked my old mentor for not being active anymore... fail.

So by ALL means pick a mentor right away! it's not like only your mentor can teach you stuff about the game either... I get asked by people all the time and answer their questions about the game, even if they already have a mentor. the more player the better, and for that you have to have a positive attitude about answering questions

btw, I give gifts for 50% and 100% and can buy your sweat at higher than average if you need that (my most active disciple doesn't even want to sell for a really good price to me since he feels it would be ripping me off, lol), so if you really need a new mentor... I'm on caly. same username in the game. like I said, you can contact me if you have questions either way ;-)

Just because you couldn't figure it out, doesn't make it false :laugh:

You can graduate in a week or so easily for ~100 PED without too much effort. Not that graduation matters at all. It doesn't.

Maybe I'm biased because I had a positive mentoring experience. I wouldn't trade a solid mentor for all the free armor and 2.0/k sweat buying in the world.

Back