Info: Beware of invisible avatars

considering what you think is pvp4 for.
in start pvp means fight Player Versus Player, and its concept is to fight each other, not to play hide and seek.
Hide and seek as well as devising strategies is part of open-field pvp game, like paintball or other such games in both the real and virtual worlds. Consider teamplay more interesting here. If you're interested only in battle itself, then the octagon arenas would suffice.

detection by fap is off like 2 year , so its my turn to ask when you was in pvp last time?
Been exploring all areas and hunting/mining in some, but not engaging in combat as stated. May have picked up old info from somebody talking about it, if it's already off then all the better. It doesn't invalidate anything said.

If some miners prefer to work with radar and reckon they have a fair chance to escape when a pk'er can discover them at the same time, is for them to judge ofc. I doubt they are unified on the subject though. Anyhow, you don't get a neckache from rotating your camera view.

Lastly, what about space then? Is there a good argument for turning radar on? What's the fundamental difference?

Hide and seek as well as devising strategies is part of open-field pvp game, like paintball or other such games in both the real and virtual worlds. Consider teamplay more interesting here. If you're interested only in battle itself, then the octagon arenas would suffice.

Been exploring all areas and hunting/mining in some, but not engaging in combat as stated. May have picked up old info from somebody talking about it, if it's already off then all the better. It doesn't invalidate anything said.

If some miners prefer to work with radar and reckon they have a fair chance to escape when a pk'er can discover them at the same time, is for them to judge ofc. I doubt they are unified on the subject though. Anyhow, you don't get a neckache from rotating your camera view.

Lastly, what about space then? Is there a good argument for turning radar on? What's the fundamental difference?

1. about hide and seek tactics you may be right , if both sides was intending to kill each other, not run away (and both sides should want this game rules)

2. radar in pvp and in space is different. You see red/green triangle when other enter your radar, but i agree with space, it should be enabled there too.

1. about hide and seek tactics you may be right , if both sides was intending to kill each other, not run away (and both sides should want this game rules)

I think this is the point where you are missing something. Why should sneaking through a danger zone for the purpose of hunting or gathering resources or just the heck of it, and hoping to go undetected be ruled out as legitimate game, and what do you want to do about it anyway? Seeking to kill each other is NOT the only purpose why pvp zones exist, it is just an added risk to make it more interesting. I don't understand where this restrictive idea comes from.

I think this is the point where you are missing something. Why should sneaking through a danger zone for the purpose of hunting or gathering resources or just the heck of it, and hoping to go undetected be ruled out as legitimate game, and what do you want to do about it anyway? Seeking to kill each other is NOT the only purpose why pvp zones exist, it is just an added risk to make it more interesting. I don't understand where this restrictive idea comes from.

no, i understand all correct, but i appreciate other opinions.
pvp area meaning is PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER, where people should fight each other . Fight for resources.

NOT to hide and run from each other, everyone can see tracker and admit that activity in pvp reduced a lot after radar removal.

i already added a lot advantages to show why we ened active pvp areas, where people need tools, armors, guns to survive, not a tt finder and bombs to mine.

//mg

Just add a focus pill ;) 1 ped for 60 mins radar turned on. Make it crafted from gardening resources

Reactions: jak
double post

Last edited:
I am curious because I've watched your stream and you were inside toxic zone (pvp4) where you can be looted of hundreds of peds while you hunting and mining why doesn't anyone just watch your stream and kill you?
Are people afraid or just don't know about twitch and just take that into their advantage?
He's and old fox, he often uses stream delay while in PvP. The hunter becomes a prey... :)

The problem with radar off in pvp is it makes it virtually impossible to hunt unless you don't care about getting looted constantly. While hunting you are just a sitting duck.

I wonder when Mr. Joda, or whatever his name is by now answers my post..

It's easy to complain, it seems a bit harder to play fair yourself :laugh:

I wonder when Mr. Joda, or whatever his name is by now answers my post..

It's easy to complain, it seems a bit harder to play fair yourself :laugh:

mayebe was all an orignal story at the begin of thread

Last edited:
The problem with radar off in pvp is it makes it virtually impossible to hunt unless you don't care about getting looted constantly. While hunting you are just a sitting duck.

Would you not have better chance of seeing someone comming if it was on?

Why was stwitched of last time? was it not because players kept asking for it to be switched off?

Why was stwitched of last time? was it not because players kept asking for it to be switched off?

noone ever asked radar to be switched off.

we lived in pvp and all was fine, since someone "decided" to shit all up.

About the invisibility exploit, all u need to do is make a support case with the location and aprox time when it happened, and they will solve it. I did for someone which was stealing oil drops @ rig and in less then 24h got response from support that they solved the issue... I suppose they identified the avatar and banned it. So, if you think u saw someone abusing inv just post location and time and support know what to do. Simple and easy.
GL...

PS: Joda.... why nobody come gank you while u stream ? :)

Dont know why they changed it in first place, a sinple indicator that somebody is within radar range would be sufficient IMO if they for some reason dont like radar.

//Linz

Dont know why they changed it in first place, a sinple indicator that somebody is within radar range would be sufficient IMO if they for some reason dont like radar.

//Linz

I agree, that simple indicator would be sufficient, only problem i see if you are team hunting or close to socmate/friendly. Otherwise just to know there is someone close but no exact indication as of where would be nice. Now its the chase or escape ;)

//Linz

I read something recently that people asked for it to be turned off, I guess that person was wrong. I do like mining in PVP it adds to excitement will I get out of here alive. It was better for me when you could tell when a player was near by, as I don't have pvp gear. So when I see Bella near by I knew to get my skinny arse out of there, sometime I was lucky to get out and sometimes not. Now they have better chance of finding me, before I see them.

Back