The Lesser Known Planets?

dabrixmgp

Old
So been doing some exploring lately. Went to ARK and mined up a nice HoF. Then flew to FOMA and HELL to do some Mining. But what about those other planets? Anything on them with good MU to either mine or hunt?

While you may get some replies and tips, and it's true that this community used to discuss MU location much more freely in the past, the truth is...

Quality MU locations are highly coveted by those who camp them. These days the fight for such material is so strong that many simply will not publicly divulge their "go to resources".

However, these days you can research markets, demands, trends, etc. much easier than in the past. Ask some soc mates for tips. They are usually more willing to discuss such things in a private soc chat then in publicly read forums.

The real problem you'll have isn't finding high MU loot, but high MU loot that you have the skills/gear to get without paying too much for it.

And truth is, it's only partly about the MU. It's also about how you manage your loot. This is the part many fall weak on. (Hint: Don't just hurriedly fight to undercut your competition. This in itself crashes the prices you so covet.)

guess i worded my question wrong. I guess I should have asked. Is there any reason to visit any of the other planets.

supply/demand... just because markup is high some on some things does not mean there's real 'demand' for it in any particular location... if you don't have a buyer deal set up, it might be hard to move certain resources.

As for the other planets, exploration is the reason to visit... some of them have interesting stories, mission chains, and visuals... but under the surface facade it's all the same game... so not really too different.

Is there any reason to visit any of the other planets.

Despite Mastermesh's bleak outlook on the situation, I can say that I've had a great time playing on every planet, moon, location, etc. I've tried. And I've tried them all.

And yes, there are financial opportunities on each one, as well as just plain entertainment. (often both are happily combined.)

Well Cyrene has the refurb si heart mission, if you want that fap.

There are other interesting items / tools scattered around the planets. Not to mention that you may find it easier to loot certain materials in certain planets, so if you need that, you need to travel.

NI has irons now, so a lot more to do than previously

NI has irons now, so a lot more to do than previously

NI also has a lot of broken missions that make you frustrated when you find out you cannot turn it in after doing your grind. I would suggest skipping NI until they have fixed these atleast

NI also has a lot of broken missions that make you frustrated when you find out you cannot turn it in after doing your grind. I would suggest skipping NI until they have fixed these atleast

This is off topic I think, but I think that it would be useful if someone could do a list of the NI iron missions and indicate which ones are not working properly at present.

All creatures on the surface of Next Island (so not Ancient Greece) have an Iron Mission with the exception of Screechers and 1 more creature who's name seemed to have slipped my mind.

Monria got a daily crafting mission that rewards with Engeneering skill, nice for someone planning to go into crafting.

I've hunted all the planets. They're all good, even excellent.

The challenge is finding a buyer for a given loot before I get bored and fly again. The less activity there is on a planet, the bigger a challenge this is. As much as I hate the fact, the only planet on which the auction has enough activity to be worth using is Calypso. Anywhere else, there is still lots of business to be done in each planet's trade channel (calytrade, arktrade, etc -- I think Toulan still uses its main planet chat #toulan for trading but not 100% sure). And there are always a few loots which sell well enough on each planet to usually be worth auctioning - for example on Cyrene the "hot" loots are the materials required by missions, and they almost always sell. What's hot differs by planet though, and most often it is necessary to hawk loots in trade channels for days.

On Cyrene, it's all about mission materials.

On Monria and Toulan, it's all about hides and other species-specific parts, and that trade is almost entirely on the street and in trade channels.

I still don't know what sells on Arkadia -- second biggest economy in the game, but slow as a slug -- and I'm badly out of touch with Rocktropia.

I've hunted all the planets. They're all good, even excellent.

-- and I'm badly out of touch with Rocktropia.

LOL i think he means "goodly" here.

All creatures on the surface of Next Island (so not Ancient Greece) have an Iron Mission with the exception of Screechers and 1 more creature who's name seemed to have slipped my mind.

One reason why I suggested that someone start a thread listing the NI Iron missions is there are none listed on entropedia so such a list would be very useful. I've not been to NI for a long time but if there are Iron missions that are doable I'd consider spending some time there. But I don't want to waste my time with broken missions.

One reason why I suggested that someone start a thread listing the NI Iron missions is there are none listed on entropedia so such a list would be very useful. I've not been to NI for a long time but if there are Iron missions that are doable I'd consider spending some time there. But I don't want to waste my time with broken missions.

Yes I can totally understand that :). The Iron Missions have only been introduced recently and I know some people who are doing them right now and writing down the mission rewards as well for them. There is a mob map which is up to date to the current spawn of Next Island as well http://i.imgur.com/lQPCARh.jpg. As soon as there is a decent list with mission rewards they will most likely be made public :)

I think you should go explore all planets and form your own opinion. The all have their pros and cons but I find that mobs in other planets drop other items - not just ammo. I got hooked on Cyrene because the loot was so good but when I tried to bid on an item from auction, I actually got a nastygram from someone from Caly telling me I should not bid on it because it messes up MU. In small planets, players will try and monopolize the loot sold. Find the missions that are worth doing and have fun doing those.

I think you should go explore all planets and form your own opinion. The all have their pros and cons but I find that mobs in other planets drop other items - not just ammo. I got hooked on Cyrene because the loot was so good but when I tried to bid on an item from auction, I actually got a nastygram from someone from Caly telling me I should not bid on it because it messes up MU. In small planets, players will try and monopolize the loot sold. Find the missions that are worth doing and have fun doing those.

Screw that, bid for stuff in auction wherever you are, if you find a good deal.

And yes, sometimes other planets have better deals.

Is there any reason to visit any of the other planets.

In my experience the opportunity to do well has been inversely proportional to the population of the planet. So in essence when it comes to hunting/mining/crafting its those very planets where consistent profits can be made without significant investments ( again, just my experience).

However, finding the "opportunity" is the challenge really and all you need to decide is whether you are up for it.

In my experience the opportunity to do well has been inversely proportional to the population of the planet. So in essence when it comes to hunting/mining/crafting its those very planets where consistent profits can be made without significant investments ( again, just my experience).

However, finding the "opportunity" is the challenge really and all you need to decide is whether you are up for it.
I forgot to mention - the lower the planet's population, the better the chance a less-than-top hunter/miner has at good loot :)

Back