Account Locked Again

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
This is so frustrating, a couple of months back my old debit card expired and my bank sent me a new one. I deleted the old card details and added the new ones. Immediately my account was locked. It was unlocked about 3 days later.

I am from the UK but currently working in Nigeria. Today I added the bank details from my Nigerian Dollar account and deposited $10 as a test to ensure that it worked. The money was debited from my account but as soon as I tried to log onto EU my account is again locked. This is ridiculous - does this mean every time I add new account details my account will be locked. Now I am really annoyed as yesterday I have just started to hunt Eomon young which I was thoroughly enjoying. This was the main reason for depoing extra funds.

I have sent a support case, but does anyone know why MA do this, I have been playing nearly 5 years and deposited not an inconsiderable amount of money, I have never had prpblems adding or removing card details prior to the incident a couple of months ago.

Support Case :

"Dear Support,

I am currently working in Nigeria and I added my Nigerian Dollar account details so that I could make a deposit. I deposited $10 to ensure that it worked. The money was debited from my account, but when I tried to log in to EU it said the account was locked. My account is registered in UK where I normally live. Please unlock my account and confirm whether or not I can deposit using my Nigerian Dollar account.

Please be advised that this is the second time in two months my account has been locked, the last time was when I added new card details from my English bank account.

Regards Moondog"

A Very Frustrated Moondog

Just obvious safeguards.

Thanks 5 Dollar - I hope that is all it is

ummmm perhaps it is because you are depositing from a country you normally don't deposit from??....in fact being Nigeria has probably raised some flags regarding it! Maybe next time let MA know in advance that you will be depositing from another country and it may not happen, although the system will probably still flag it anyway.

I think this is a perfectly normal safeguard to have. Would you prefer they not do that, then someone logs into your account from Nigeria and deposit's stolen money... which gets your account permanently locked??
How do they know that you are working in Nigeria and will be logging on when you normally logon from the UK?

Maybe think about it before expecting MA to be mind readers and are just out to stop you from playing the game!
They are just making sure its you and not some scammer.

At Darth - I have been working here in Nigeria for 18 months and depositing from may UK account whilst here on a regular basis. I agree that if all of a sudden i had started to depo from Nigeria alarm bells would ring, but MA are aware of my current residential location - hence my previous statement about the account lock 2 months ago when my UK bank sent my new card to me (whilst i was in Nigeria)

Thanks for the input - i am just frustrate I can't go and hunt Eomon :(

Congratulations to MA, I am happy to report than when I came home from work last night MA had unlocked my account. Well done to support who responded in under 24 hours. Bring on the Eomon

Congratulations to MA, I am happy to report than when I came home from work last night MA had unlocked my account. Well done to support who responded in under 24 hours. Bring on the Eomon

That HAS to be a record! :cheer: now get out there and spend that PED :handgun:

I am from the UK but currently working in Nigeria.

I got an email from a prince in Nigeria who wants to give me $1,500,000 bucks.
All I have to do is give him my bank account info for the wire transfer.

Maybe you could just pick up the cash for me?

Back