What is the best way to convert UA to PED?

syntax

Guardian
syntax error
I'm posting this under hunting rather than economy because I'm asking in the context of hunting.

I prefer strongboxes over plain depo; ofc each time this leaves me with a stack of UA. I'm a melee user so the ammo isn't that useful (though I use a little for chips). I used to take the UA and mine it all to convert to PED, but this ended up being a bad idea in the long run. Sometimes I would profit, but most of the time it was just a boring way to lose half the value of my UA.

Since I don't mine any more, I'm looking for another way to convert the UA to PEDs. My thought was to get one of the blades that uses UA (e.g. IceRage or somesuch), not for my primary but just for burning UA. Looking for opinions on whether this is another of my bad ideas or if I should just get an eco gun or what?

Elm and other 1ped weapons are a good choice as their ammo burn is maximum compared to conventional weapons. You should compare them using http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx However as the eco compared to conventional weapons can be worse due to the high markup.

Elm and other 1ped weapons are a good choice as their ammo burn is maximum compared to conventional weapons. You should compare them using http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx However as the eco compared to conventional weapons can be worse due to the high markup.

This is what I was thinking, I was just wondering if the eco would hurt me in the long run. I'm not a super eco player anyway, I just didn't want to shoot myself in the foot again like I did with mining.

It all depends on what you pay for the weapons. As you are a melee user I wouldn't worry too much about that as mu on them is naturally lower than on ranged ones

You can always get something which burns alot of ammo to use as a tagger when you are hunting.... MF or Gun weapons for that......

Pretty much I'm in the same situation like you! But I use UA since I'm laser pistoleer or mining like you said.
Either way we can't profit straight "out of the box" :) We have to get MU with anything we loot or maybe by crafting and selling with what we are mining. But also I think some melee ELM's use UA, isn't?

fap others with regen chips for decay/ua usage... this way there is no loss of ua/ped

ELM weapons are the fastest and most logical way if you are a hunter, a lot of them have very decent eco.

I don't recommend mining, as you would need to double/triple drop with a pre-amped finder to get it done quickly, and this would ruin your average markup in most zones.

I have the same problem, did argo gold quest & ended up with 7.5k ped shrapnell..
HAd to shoot it with my i2870

I am in the same box - using 80% melee, I burn some UA with my tagger, I don't buy boxes only regular depo so I sell the blp and laser ammo to TT and use the remaining UA on my E.L.M. blp gun, it has already been said that E.L.M is the fastest ammo burner. I actually really like the CalyTrek CR Spirit MK.III E.L.M Edition (L), tag with the marber - auto shoot the Spirit Mk. III till i need a heal and then finish off with my sword. On bigger mobs you use up most or all of the UA and then sell the laser and blp ammo to fund the recharge of the melee weapon.

On a side note and it has been said before, it would be nice if MA gave the option to use the UA to recharge the melee weapon but maybe they think that melee users already have it good due to the low cost and often high tiers of UL SIB melee weapons.

At least with straight depo you have the option to recharge and hunt your total depo and then deal with the UA that is left, whereas the boxes give you the UA effectively as a % of the depo.

I am curious what % of the boxes is UA on average ?

fap others with regen chips for decay/ua usage... this way there is no loss of ua/ped

Great idea, and this would probably be the best option for a more dedicated player - you not only preserve the value of the UA, but with tips would actually profit, as well as build skills. Unfortunately I only really play in a side window while I'm working, so I'm half-afk most of the time and wouldn't be able to provide the service.

On a side note and it has been said before, it would be nice if MA gave the option to use the UA to recharge the melee weapon but maybe they think that melee users already have it good due to the low cost and often high tiers of UL SIB melee weapons.

At least with straight depo you have the option to recharge and hunt your total depo and then deal with the UA that is left, whereas the boxes give you the UA effectively as a % of the depo.

I am curious what % of the boxes is UA on average ?

I agree, it would be awesome if you could feed the repair machine UA as payment.

I've never really tracked or logged the % UA from the boxes, but I'd guess around 85-90% on average. I prefer the boxes over straight depo because the pills are great and every so often I loot a ring which gives some nice bonus PEDs.

Since I don't mine any more, I'm looking for another way to convert the UA to PEDs.

If you don´t want to lose anything in this process my advise is:

Get a nice healchip, offer healingservice with this chip for decay.

Get paid for the full decay of the chip and the used UA, and additionally skills for free.

Imho this is best thing to get it back into PED.

Edit:
Should have read more answers befor posting, this is already said :D

Oh yeah, almost forgot.

The eomon reward amps, they use a bunch of ammo as well ....

best way to use UA is to shoot it.

The most efficient way to use it (and quickest) is to use a sword ELM. little mu and uses a ton of it.

Support shooter for cost.

Being that I am also melee surprised that no one mentioned Arso chips. I am sword and pyro so I burn threw all my UA using combustive as a tagger then Arso on the mobs I am melee with. Especially mobs with high Regen to be more effective this seems like a good use for UA.

Arso chips can get pretty high in ammo cost and the added damage is wonderful for melee to burn mobs down fast.

Back