Repair Tool

SIBUK

Alpha
Society
Coat Killers
Mr Cyborg SIBUK Commando
After downloading a recent update I have got some corrupt textures in the game. There used to be a repair tool option in the client loader to repair corrupt files but I cant seem to find it any more. Any idea how I can fix my corruption?

Download the installation file from the Entropia Universe website.

It should recognise the existing installation and fix any corrupt files without having to re-download and install everything.

That was a nice idea but unfortunately it didn't work. It sees that the files are there, but it isnt actually checking them for problems:(

Can't understand what you mean by the term "corrupted", but if you mean that red X in storage, it can be gone if you change a few times game graphic quality. From High to Medium etc I had this problem with some minerals mostly.
The only item icons that are tottaly corrupted for me (icons are missing from installation files) are RT bananas.

I have the red X's as well , but I run all graphics maxed.

Will I have to leave it on Medium to correct the issue?

I have the red X's as well , but I run all graphics maxed.

Will I have to leave it on Medium to correct the issue?

Yup
I play in high quality but when it appear a red X item I switch back and forth and that helps. No need to leave it in medium or low, just switch for few minutes and turn back to your preferred quality.
Some things are working in client now than MA servers for better performance I suppose, but seem that cause the problem.

The repair tools had problems anyway, the last time I used it the fucker deleted my whole installation and I had to download everything from scratch.

Try this:

1. Close the game.

2. Go to your local entropia universe installation folder, by default it's in: Program files\Entropia Universe.

3. Inside public_users_data\cache, delete everything so you leave this folder empty.

4. Inside public_users_data\shader\cache, delete everything so you leave this folder empty.

5. Now run the game again.

And please, when you open the game for the first time after this remember to give it enough time to rebuild the new icon and shader caches. You will notice that when opening a panel (say...your inventory...or storage) it will be empty at first and slowly become populated until its done.

Don't log in and immediately start opening everything up and runing around everywhere, that's how you get corrupted stuff.

Cheers.

The repair tools had problems anyway, the last time I used it the fucker deleted my whole installation and I had to download everything from scratch.

Try this:

1. Close the game.

2. Go to your local entropia universe installation folder, by default it's in: Program files\Entropia Universe.

3. Inside public_users_data\cache, delete everything so you leave this folder empty.

4. Inside public_users_data\shader\cache, delete everything so you leave this folder empty.

5. Now run the game again.

And please, when you open the game for the first time after this remember to give it enough time to rebuild the new icon and shader caches. You will notice that when opening a panel (say...your inventory...or storage) it will be empty at first and slowly become populated until its done.

Don't log in and immediately start opening everything up and runing around everywhere, that's how you get corrupted stuff.

Cheers.

Angel O2 Mercer, brilliant. This sorted it out. Thank you.

Just a minor edit for anyone who comes to this thread in the future, those directories are actually inside C:\ProgramData\entropia universe rather than program files and it is a hidden directory so you will have to show hidden files & folder to see it.

Angel O2 Mercer, brilliant. This sorted it out. Thank you.

Just a minor edit for anyone who comes to this thread in the future, those directories are actually inside C:\ProgramData\entropia universe rather than program files and it is a hidden directory so you will have to show hidden files & folder to see it.

Cool, both folders are located in my program files so I guess the location depends on how you install the game (I have it in an external drive so I don't have to re-download every time I format).

Good to know, thanks for coming back with extra info :)

GL :thumbup:

FYI there is no "cache" files in my Program Files\Entropia directory\public_users_data! Only participant and dynamic content directory.
Also in my documents\Entropia, there is only chat.log and archive directory!
So there is no "cache" anywhere :scratch2:

With "show system files" on!

Last edited:
FYI there is no "cache" files in my Program Files\Entropia directory\public_users_data! Only participant and dynamic content directory.
Also in my documents\Entropia, there is only chat.log and archive directory!
So there is no "cache" anywhere :scratch2:

With "show system files" on!

Yeah as I said, I have those folders on the game directory probably because I use an external drive. To navigate to the correct folder just click the Start button and type "C:\ProgramData" without the quotes (assuming your installation drive is "C"), and then hit Enter.

You should now see a folder called entropia universe and all of the above applies.

gl

Today I checked the correct path from launcher repair tool, through tab "\Folders"!

the correct path is "c:\users\public\entropia universe"

So isn't my installation unique :) there is still cache there

thx AO2

Last edited:
Back