Arena battles or the lack of them...

toad

Stalker
Society
Deagleteam
Christer toad Johansson
Im searching arena battles many times each day but i almost never find anyone to battle, Im searching on different level pets and battle packs but at best i find a fight once or twice every second day, you really need to improve this, its getting very boring to do the very few and slow forrest battles and raids is also hard to find at level 5+ residence.
I like the game so far just need to fix some bugs and improve gameplay and i think this can be a success.

well with pokemon go now and basically everyone playing it i doubt that this game will get more than 500 players... and thats with fixed bugs allready.

well with pokemon go now and basically everyone playing it i doubt that this game will get more than 500 players... and thats with fixed bugs allready.

Not everyone is playing pokemon go. I'm not. But only because my phone will not update past android 4.3 lol
But even if I were able to play I'd still at this point in time play compet to finish out beta testing.

This is very much the gamekiller at the moment. Without arena battles the rest of the game is totally pointless. They can say "when we have more players it'll be easier to get matches" all they want, but they won't get more players if the current situation persists.

This is very much the gamekiller at the moment. Without arena battles the rest of the game is totally pointless. They can say "when we have more players it'll be easier to get matches" all they want, but they won't get more players if the current situation persists.

Classic Catch-22
People will play less because of the lack of arena battles, but because of people playing less there will be fewer arena battles.

I suppose MA could provide 'fictive' opponents to respond to arena battle searches, but obviously very exploitable.

The current mechanism relies on at least two players of similar level searching for an arena battle at the same time. Possibly one could imagine an updated mechanism like this (although it would be auto-battle only I guess):

1. Players submit some number of battle requests (each with a given pet, battle pack, and time limit).
2. At some point when a match is detected the battle is done.
3. The players check their battle logs at next login.

Currently it seems to me that the auto-battle AI is not very good so not sure if any 'ped' players would really want this kind of mechanism.

PS. and I sill think that raids should be auto battle only precisely because of the AI

Back