Bronze challenges for our favourites

s0me1

Prowler
Ábel s0me1 Énekes
I'm I the only one who'd love bronze missions for Kerberos, Foul, Combibo, Longu, etc? I did love killing those beasts, and they have nice spawn of higher maturities.
Would you like it ppl? Or what do you think, which other mobs deserve another round? :)

do some research on entropedia for where the missions are. these all already exist :yay:

do some research on entropedia for where the missions are. these all already exist :yay:

I think you mean Iron challenges. I'm talking about bronze, that comes after iron for a few mobs :)
But if I'm wrong and there are actually more missions for these mobs out there, please let me know :)

There should definitely be one for Kerberos because it's a popular mob and a lot of people have completed the iron. The other mobs you mention aren't so popular and I guess there won't be very many who've done the whole iron challenge, apart from possibly Combibo, so I don't think they really merit a bronze if we're using that as criteria.

I'm surprised Araneatrox don't yet have a bronze, as they're a popular mob and a lot of the higher level players have done the iron.

Personally I would rather see iron challenges for the remaining mobs that don't have them (which in some cases would also demand better spawns of them).

...The other mobs you mention aren't so popular and I guess there won't be very many who've done the whole iron challenge...

Foul Bronze FTW. Finishing the 10k was like a rite of passage :)

Ff

I would hazard a guess that a bronze robot mission will happen before a bronze on anything else.

Back in the day I think Kim said that there will be a mission on every mob.. makes sense. Perhaps he meant daily missions inclusive which would cover a lot of the missing ones.

What would be good is more elite and boss levels of common mobs, along with a storyline piece to introduce them. Marcimex event was a good example; quick event, couple of Queen spawns, and then over with in a couple weeks.

I would also love to seen another "long" event like the argonaut orbs though :)

Not to Brronze only

Offerring Bronze is cool but,... many mobs does scale up a lot and its not always feasable after finishing Iron go for Bronze/ Silver ...or Lack of single Mat spawns (most reasonable spawns are mixed in Youngs...)

I like Kerbs like to get just repeatable not to loose Youngs

Also I mine in Mobbed areas ... and those are not with High Mat mobs, still taking down ON Agro/just for fun, so would be loosing kills otherwise counted for mission....

I like Ark approach - repeatable (or offer choice.... Bronze /Silver for those who want to scale up or for those who want to stay for now on same level - option to Repeat Iron last stage/restart). Active several :eyecrazy: would be even more cool .:yay:.. but I doubt:scratch2: MA would let us score killing single mob and progressing on several CFA missions @ once)

Resnis
Ps. good sample for BAD solution is LT Iron -> Bronze... LT Olds are quite "bigger" than LT Youngs (I finished Stage V and stopped).....

Foul Bronze FTW. Finishing the 10k was like a rite of passage :)

Ff

If memory serves it was the first one I finished, and it was bloody hard work before that brilliant spawn near Troy was there :)

I would like to see repeatable kill point based stage VI missions (could be suspect to a cooldown) that have the same reward structures like the robot missions (troopers, drones, harbingers etc.)

Short example since Kerbs are mentioned:

Kerberos Stage VI 60,000 kill points

Reward Cat 1: 11.88 ped in skills

Reward Cat 2: 7.71 ped in skills

Reward Cat 3: 3.85 ped in skills

Cat 1 Rewards: Aim, Anatomy, BLP Weaponry Techonology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Longblade, Perception, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, or Weapon Handling.

Cat 2 Rewards: Alertness, Athletics, Clubs, Courage, Explosive Projectile Weaponry Techonology, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Light Melee Weapons, Plasma Weaponry Technology, Vehicle Repairing.

Cat 3 Rewards: Bioregensis, Bravado, Concentration, Cryogenics, Diagnosis, Dodge, Evade, First Aid, Melee Combat, Support Weapon Systems, Telepathy, Translocation.

This could be set on top of future bronze, silver, gold, platinum :laugh: missions.

This could give better incentives to people with a lower budget to actually hunt low budget mobs while still achieving a mission goal.

Regards Isaac

Last edited:
I would like to see repeatable kill point based stage VI missions (could be suspect to a cooldown) that have the same reward structures like the robot missions (troopers, drones, harbingers etc.)

Cat 1 Rewards: Aim, Anatomy, BLP Weaponry Techonology, Combat Reflexes, Dexterity, Handgun, Heavy Melee Weapons, Laser Weaponry Technology, Longblade, Perception, Power Fist, Rifle, Shortblades, or Weapon Handling.

Cat 2 Rewards: Alertness, Athletics, Clubs, Courage, Explosive Projectile Weaponry Techonology, Inflict Melee Damage, Inflict Ranged Damage, Light Melee Weapons, Plasma Weaponry Technology, Vehicle Repairing.

Cat 3 Rewards: Bioregensis, Bravado, Concentration, Cryogenics, Diagnosis, Dodge, Evade, First Aid, Melee Combat, Support Weapon Systems, Telepathy, Translocation.

This could be set on top of future bronze, silver, gold, platinum :laugh: missions.

This could give better incentives to people with a lower budget to actually hunt low budget mobs while still achieving a mission goal.

Regards Isaac

That sounds even better to me than my original idea! Just please, let skills be the reward and no mission tokens. I'm also hunting on low budget, so repeatable kill point missions would be great for me, wallet grows slower than profession levels.

Regards Isaac

That would also reduce or remove the incentive to move on to tougher (or just different) mobs and would devalue skills by making it way too easy to farm them with missions.

It's also too similar to the Arkadia mission model. The game is more interesting when there are differences between planets.

That would also reduce or remove the incentive to move on to tougher (or just different) mobs and would devalue skills by making it way too easy to farm them with missions.

It's also too similar to the Arkadia mission model. The game is more interesting when there are differences between planets.

But

What does Calypso win, when hunters done with the irons move on to Ark, just to do the repeatable mission for faster skilling?

There should be some repeatables at Caly aswell.

But

What does Calypso win, when hunters done with the irons move on to Ark, just to do the repeatable mission for faster skilling?

There should be some repeatables at Caly aswell.

The problem I see isn't with repeatable missions (though I'm not particularly keen on those, in balancing terms), but with repeatable missions that give as wide a choice of skills as Isaac suggested, particularly on a low level mob.

And I'm pretty sure there isn't anyone who's done all the Calypso missions, and probably never will be.

I totally understand your concerns esp. the one with the impact on the skill market. This impact would only be partial though since the unlocked skills like wounding, commando etc. aren't part of the rewards listed above.

The progression towards tougher mobs is a generic mmorpg story but I'm under the impression that your budget determines the way you play here whereas your skills just enable you to buy bigger "tickets". People that sit on lower budgets will hunt smaller mobs regardless if they sit on level 80, 60, or whatever (except those that hunt proteron with a 1000 ped card :laugh:, but I can't and even won't blame people for gambling here).

Regards

Isaac

I would love to see iron missions for all creatures of Calypso first.

I'd prefer an 'alternative hunting mission' - kill 1 000 000 hp of anything but don't get credit in any other hunting mission. Repeatable and probably with prerequisites.

Back