Info: Before give + - reputation read this

Status

Antrace

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Antrace Letale Very
It seems someone need to read this forum rules, because uses bad way the reputation vote.

here the link, but to whom are too lazy to click i'll copy past a summary:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...993-Proper-Usage-of-the-PCF-Reputation-System

When to give positive reputation

As mentioned above, members are encouraged to give one another feedback for thoughtful, constructive posts that help to inform the community and contribute to the thread topic. This helps create a more informative and positive atmosphere to the forum in general, and results in a more enjoyable and worthwhile experience when reading the forums.

When NOT to give positive reputation

The reputation system should not be abused. Friends should not dilute the purpose of the reputation system and regularly hand out +reps to their friends and society mates just because they like them. Positive reps should be given directly as feedback and thanks for meaningful contributions to the forum.

When to give negative reputation

If you find a post that is clearly off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair, you should let the poster know this with a negative reputation comment, with reasons why you think the post in question was objectionable. In all cases, reputation comments are subject to the same forum rules as public posts.

When NOT to give negative reputation

You should not leave a negative reputation simply because you disagree with another member's opinion. If you have a strong disagreement, your views should be aired within the thread, so that others can read and comment in kind. You should not give a negative rep as revenge for a negative rep left by another member for you. You also should not make a campaign of leaving negative reps for members that you simply dislike, or have had differences with in the past.

Notes

All reputation comments are subject to the same rules as public posts on the forum. This means you should not flame, insult or threaten another member with your reputation comments. There seems to be a recent trend toward very hostile reputation comments. Such behavior will no longer be tolerated. Forum admins (MindBuster and myself) have the ability to review repuation comments left by members if a complaint is made. If any member feels they have been attacked in such a manner, please send a Private Message to MindBuster or 711 with the offending member's name, and we will investigate and take appropriate action

I had only 3 negative reputation and all from same person, that MUST read the above rules.

Cheers and have nice day all

its a good point, maybe when you neg rep you should get a mesage, please do not neg rep just because you disagree, or remove neg rep totally

I think its pretty obvious who the person in question is, said person is aware of the rules but ignores them.

I gave negrep back saying thats so childish to give me a negrep cause I had a different opinion ±D

Yeah from post that I wrote in February, some people need a life. Anyway I did not know of these rules my self. I don't think I have - rep anyone. Like most people on here I respond in thread or ignore their comment. Its very rare I will get in word war, I have better things to do.

It doesn't seem like they are so rare at all - I received hundreds of both +rep and -rep (I tried to attach the last ones, but it looks like that's against forum rules, section 2.6, so they were removed).

I also gave hundreds of both +rep and -rep (again I tried to attach the last ones, but it looks like that's against forum rules, section 2.6, so they were removed) but only to posts which, as described in the rules you quoted, were personal attacks against me and I considered that were rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair OR if the thread was already closed and I had no other way to replay to the person making said post.

Also, unlike what some other people did, I never +rep or -rep a person. I -rep friends when I considered that their post deserved that and I +rep people I totally dislike when I considered that their post deserved that. Actually I'm fairly sure that everyone who posted in this thread far now received both +rep and -rep from me.

And I really think that's the mature thing to do - judge the post content, not the poster.

<Post edited, because without the printscreens the old content didn't made much sense.>

<screenshot removed by moderator, 2.6 - Private Communication>

Last edited:
how about you post a pic of rep you have given? funny thats not on there because it would show you giving neg reps to 6 month old threads and even to posts you agree with get a neg rep.

how about you post a pic of rep you have given? funny thats not on there because it would show you giving neg reps to 6 month old threads and even to posts you agree with get a neg rep.

It doesn't seem like they are so rare at all - I received hundreds of both +rep and -rep (I tried to attach the last ones, but it looks like that's against forum rules, section 2.6, so they were removed).

I also gave hundreds of both +rep and -rep (again I tried to attach the last ones, but it looks like that's against forum rules, section 2.6, so they were removed) but only to posts which, as described in the rules you quoted, were personal attacks against me and I considered that were rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair OR if the thread was already closed and I had no other way to replay to the person making said post.

Also, unlike what some other people did, I never +rep or -rep a person. I -rep friends when I considered that their post deserved that and I +rep people I totally dislike when I considered that their post deserved that. Actually I'm fairly sure that everyone who posted in this thread far now received both +rep and -rep from me.

And I really think that's the mature thing to do - judge the post content, not the poster.

<Post edited, because without the printscreens the old content didn't made much sense.>

<Removed screenshot, 2.6>

Last edited:
considering you give out rep like candy that just shows a small selection (only 3 days worth). case in point though is the neg rep you gave me which is your response to my post about how i thought you were leaving EU and apparently "guess not... haha" is your response yet that deserved a neg rep?

while i don't read alot of DoA's posts, i'm normally on my phone or glancing at work, the posts are usually long and i either skip down it or leave the thread until im at home or completly.

but some of the responses in the threads are quite close to bullying, threads are started which quickly run off subject. we all get players/people we dislike but why pursue any thread made by that person,

The thread was made to highlight the abuse of the rep system which currently has no purpose, and DoA's rep power is only 3

Reactions: DoA
considering you give out rep like candy that just shows a small selection (only 3 days worth). case in point though is the neg rep you gave me which is your response to my post about how i thought you were leaving EU and apparently "guess not... haha" is your response yet that deserved a neg rep?

Also, here's your post that I -rep:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by delta force
Can we have some kind of poll where we vote that you fuck off from here?

please do! I thought we were finally rid of DoA as per a thread on ark forums. guess not

Proposing (or supporting the idea) to have a poll to vote that "I beep off from here" I think falls exactly under the "inciteful and inflammatory" part of the conditions that entitles a negative rep as per the quoted rules. I doubt anyone can honestly consider that your post was a constructive one and not an inciteful and inflammatory one...

Last edited:
In theory sounds great but this is just not what happens. Some people are just too angry and this is their way of hurting you in some way. I got a neg rep for agreeing with someone they did not agree with and one with a positive comment but I guess they messed up. I do not even know where I would look to see a member's reps nor do I judge them based on these numbers based on the fact that they are like FB likes/Dislikes. I do love it when I get a + though ;);). Neg rep you can just kma idc 4 haters.

I gave negrep back saying thats so childish to give me a negrep cause I had a different opinion ±D

This is probably why she gets so many - neg reps. She sends so many like their going out of date.

Reactions: EMW
This is probably why she gets so many - neg reps. She sends so many like their going out of date.

The problem is that -reps:
- should NOT be given back in retaliation because you got a -rep from that person
- should NOT be given just because you like or dislike someone
- should ONLY be given based on post content (and if it matches the mentioned conditions)

But yes, I got a lot of -reps on my most recent post (whatever that one contained, even if it was just a "good luck" on someone's log) with a "take it back" message.

Last edited:
The problem is that -reps:
- should NOT be given back in retaliation because you got a -rep from that person
- should NOT be given just because you don't like someone
- should ONLY be given based on post content (and if it matches the mentioned conditions)

But yes, I got a lot of -reps on my most recent post (whatever that one contained, even if it was just a "good luck" on someone's log) with a "take it back" message.

So it should be given when you disagree with someone? I have better thigns to do with my time than negrepping around, because I disagree with a whole lot of people

<Screenshot removed by moderator, 2.6 - Private Communication>

at least you said sorry :)

click pic to see the negrep. no idea how to get it in full over here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stay in topic, i just post the forum rules, to me are very understandable.

If u don't like and don't want to follow them just don't use the +-rep or make your own forum.

Please stay in topic, i just post the forum rules, to me are very understandable.

If u don't like and don't want to follow them just don't use the +-rep or make your own forum.

Personally I totally agree with forum rules, I do my best to respect them and I expect other people to do the same (after all, we all clicked an "I agree" button when we joined the forum).

I guess most problems come from different interpretations over "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair"; coming from different cultures and having different social backgrounds can make us see a certain behavior different (for example both me and dictionaries would consider the simple use of the fword as "rude", under its sense of "vulgar" or "indecent", while many many people would disagree with that and would consider it perfectly acceptable).

Last edited:
Since we have turned the Subject to DOA's +/- Rep..

I have received five reps from her.. Three Positive, two Negative.. The two neg reps I've received from her are the only ones I've got for the last several years so they are easy to spot. but they were within the rules (though one she gave me based on faulty information which she plus repped me for after).

To be honest, this is one aspect of DOA that I have no issue with because of her nature to try to do things as within rules as she understands them.

Does the +/- Rep's really matter? If you have a whole lot of negative rep's does that mean you can't post anymore? Does having a high number of reps mean you get special powers?

To be honest, i find most people don't know how to use the rep system properly so I would take it all as a grain of salt.

Many people just + rep because you agree with their post and just as many people -rep if you don't agree with their post. Your post may not even be thoughtful/constructive or informative to get the +rep and likewise not rude/inciteful/off-topic, etc to get the -rep. Some like to give out + or - rep to every post on their threads even when it isn't deserved...just because they posted.

Then comes the part where someone takes your post the wrong way or claims it's off-topic when it's not....each person can interpret the same sentence differently, remember it's not like talking in real life where you can see the face/body movements/hear the tone of voice, etc of the person talking. One person may think they are being very rude and mean to them from reading a post, when in fact they were informing them that they are incorrect on a subject in a neutral tone.

In reality I think the rep system should just be disabled as it is not used properly anyway.

Personally I totally agree with forum rules, I do my best to respect them and I expect other people to do the same (after all, we all clicked an "I agree" button when we joined the forum).

I guess most problems come from different interpretations over "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair"; coming from different cultures and having different social backgrounds can make us see a certain behavior different (for example both me and dictionaries would consider the simple use of the fword as "rude", under its sense of "vulgar" or "indecent", while many many people would disagree with that and would consider it perfectly acceptable).

Sincerly i have no doubts or can't see any strange interpretation to this sentence :"You should not leave a negative reputation simply because you disagree with another member's opinion. "

i asked to stay on topic because months ago i spent some time to find this +- rep rules and i think it is a good idea that everyone know them, and i would like to not transform this thread about your behavior on forum.

Does the +/- Rep's really matter? If you have a whole lot of negative rep's does that mean you can't post anymore? Does having a high number of reps mean you get special powers?

To be honest, i find most people don't know how to use the rep system properly so I would take it all as a grain of salt.
In reality I think the rep system should just be disabled as it is not used properly anyway.

I agree... + rep :D

Many people just + rep because you agree with their post and just as many people -rep if you don't agree with their post. Your post may not even be thoughtful/constructive or informative to get the +rep and likewise not rude/inciteful/off-topic, etc to get the -rep. Some like to give out + or - rep to every post on their threads even when it isn't deserved...just because they posted.

Then comes the part where someone takes your post the wrong way or claims it's off-topic when it's not....each person can interpret the same sentence differently, remember it's not like talking in real life where you can see the face/body movements/hear the tone of voice, etc of the person talking. One person may think they are being very rude and mean to them from reading a post, when in fact they were informing them that they are incorrect on a subject in a neutral tone.

The only thing it effects it that bar under your name.

It was meant to indicate whether the individual's post could be believed/trusted but it really has no true value in today's world.

Trade: WTS +rep (power 29, 1 PED/point) @ TP! :D

People take the rep stuff to seriously. I like the stackoverflowmodel better.

Sincerly i have no doubts or can't see any strange interpretation to this sentence :"You should not leave a negative reputation simply because you disagree with another member's opinion. "

You did talked at a general level instead, but, while you didn't named me, by mentioning that you received negative reps from a single person and you thing that she uses the system wrong, it was clear (at least for you and me) that you're refering to me not to the general public.

It seems someone need to read this forum rules, because uses bad way the reputation vote.

I had only 3 negative reputation and all from same person, that MUST read the above rules.

To make things crystal clear, I NEVER -reped a post just because I disagreed with it, but just because that, as mentioned in the rules you quoted, I considered it as "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair".

Now let's take a look at the posts I (think I) -repped you:

1) This post - there was no mention in the thread about my rules and by bringing them in discussion and judging me (kinda accusing me that I don't respect them) I considered that a personal attack and a "inciteful and inflammatory" post meant to make me look bad. I think that what deals I have, for how much or how less I sell my loot, what self imposed rules I have and how I chose to respect / interpret them is just my problem, not yours to judge me.

2) This post - I think lines like "dont wast anymore my time" made before even bothering to check my reasonings as you admited by yourself "i cheked the link after i already read and wrote" falls exactly under the book definition of "rude, inciteful and inflammatory".

I fail to find / remember the third negative rep, but if you send it to me I'd be more than happy to explain why I considered it deserves a negative reputation; I assure you though that I never -rep someone just because I disagreed with their post or because I disliked them; each and every time I did this it was because I interpreted said post as some kind of personal attack, an attempt to make me look bad and, generally a "
off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair" post.

[/COLOR]1) This post - there was no mention in the thread about my rules and by bringing them in discussion and judging me (kinda accusing me that I don't respect them) I considered that a personal attack and a "inciteful and inflammatory" post meant to make me look bad. I think that what deals I have, for how much or how less I sell my loot, what self imposed rules I have and how I chose to respect / interpret them is just my problem, not yours to judge me.
[/COLOR]

Ok this one here is a perfect example of when not to -rep .... his response was in no way insulting, personal attack or anything that falls under a -rep. He was just pointing out that you should be able to accomplish your goal you have set out, and mentioned that the price you are getting for sweat is over the normal price anywhere else. He then said Good luck to your bet.

Again, you interpreted it differently because it relates to you, however as a third party source, I see no problem with his post in that thread. This is why the rep system doesn't work.

To make things crystal clear, I NEVER -reped a post just because I disagreed with it, but just because that, as mentioned in the rules you quoted, I considered it as "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair".

That is not true, I have the proof in a screenshot and the negrep is still viewable in my cp at the rep section. You said: Sorry, but I disagree

edit, you disagreed with this post:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-in-100-days&p=3491825&viewfull=1#post3491825

Last edited:
That is not true, I have the proof in a screenshot and the negrep is still viewable in my cp at the rep section. You said: Sorry, but I disagree

If this is true, then i am expecting a inspection to see a collaboration with a explanation about this interpretation of this situation and probably a twistation :ahh:

Last edited:
Ok this one here is a perfect example of when not to -rep .... his response was in no way insulting, personal attack or anything that falls under a -rep. He was just pointing out that you should be able to accomplish your goal you have set out, and mentioned that the price you are getting for sweat is over the normal price anywhere else. He then said Good luck to your bet.

Again, you interpreted it differently because it relates to you, however as a third party source, I see no problem with his post in that thread. This is why the rep system doesn't work.

I still do consider that he directly accused me of "receiving gifts" and indirectly accused me of "not respecting my own rules and lie about them" and he also minimized my challenge / quest / efforts by saying "not a challenge at all" when I had already said I consider it a challenging task. And I considered that all these were uncalled and felt under incites and provocations.

Sure, you may be right, and for sure I may be subjective at times... after all we are all humans and we all do mistakes... what I was pointing though was that I never -repped a post just because I disagreed with it, but because I interpreted it as a personal attack and a "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair" post, and here we come back to what I was saying a few posts back that we all come from different cultures, have different backgrounds, different sensitivity levels and different definitions for what "off-topic, rude, inciteful, inflammatory, flaming or unfair" means.

Personally I don't have a problem with all the negative reputations (when you received a few hundreds of them you get to grow a tougher skin) up to the point I don't really bother even checking them any more, and I think that, on the big scale of time, a missed +rep or -rep here or there doesn't make much differences and I'm probably the best example in this direction... I'm only eight months old or so, yet I already received probably over 500 reputation points, from which over 100 negative ones; yet the positive ones countered the negative one and the general reputation bar is full green.

edit, you disagreed with this post:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-in-100-days&p=3491825&viewfull=1#post3491825

Just as I explained in the previous paragraph, I considered that minimizing my challenge / quest / efforts by saying "not a challenge at all" when I had already said I consider it a challenging task is a rude thing to do and can fall under inciting and inflammatory. I consider that the proper answer in such a case is to post a "good luck" message and that's what I did with each and every person that started a log on here.

Also, as previously said, in this regard (public criticism) I may have a higher sensibility than you, but it's just like you have a higher sensibility than me when it comes to a negative rep.

Last edited:
Status
Back